Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Rat Rod Rumble

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TINGLER, May 2, 2007.

1. TINGLER

TINGLER

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  2. Big Pauly

Big Pauly

I had a blast there last year, but couldn't make it this year. I should be there next year to run my 60.

3. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the pics,Tingler. A great weekend for sure. It was a long drive for a 3.90 geared car,but wort it... Sparky(j43)

4. those are some rude looking rats ;)

5. Von Franco

Von Franco

Thanks for the pic`s man. your car looks awsome comming off the line you should do a momster shirt of it ......
    Endsville Franco..........

6. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

411 drag strip ? is that the one out side of maryville ?

7. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Wow Thats Freakin Cool Man. Dragin Is A Blast. Thanks For The Pics!

8. ratster

ratster

Great Show!!!!!!!!!! any pics of the JOKER on the track???? next year i'm getting NOS

9. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

cool looking rides ..looks like fun,now the drag race bug is going to bite ya right in the wallet...lol...its always fun to blast your car at the track....thanks for sharring the pics ,..rooster

10. AHotRod

AHotRod

Looks like you guys had a great time.
    Maybe they could pimp the show allot more on here, I love Rat Rods.

11. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Get the Fairlane to the HAMB drags, it goes into the night!
    As a matter of fact, you are already half way there, compared to where I'm coming from.:D :D

12. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

Hell yeah! off the stands and on the track!

Fairlane looks Bitchin' What was your ET / MPH?

Diggin the Ford shoebox gasser! I want to do a club coupe like that. (someday)

Dave

13. the-rodster

the-rodster

Spill the beans....

What times did you run?

Rich

14. wvenfield

wvenfield

Peter Egan once had a really good article on how nobody should say "I wish I could do that". His article was directed more towards sports car racing but his point was that there are entry levels for just about anyone.

The Fairlane is an excellent example of what he was talking about. Doesn't really matter what it ran (though everyone still wants to know).

I'm going to do my darndest to see this thing back out on the track. The owner wants to put it back on the street but I told him it was saved from the car show circuit once and to not do that to it again.

[​IMG]

Still bears some of the wounds you can see.

[​IMG]

And some that are harder like the rootbeer paint where the trim has fallen off.

I'm digging the Corvair. Just had to say it.

Anyways, this is a perfect example of what Egan was saying.

15. wz56km

wz56km

That is kinda the same idea that my friends finally talked me into trying to race motocross for the first time a zillion years ago. Basically they said even if you come in last place your still way ahead of the people lining the fence that are too scared to try it.

Drag racing is good fun. A bunch of friends got all thier "winter beaters" together for the "Corn Field Nationals" out at the local drag strip. It was all Chevettes, Citations, Skylarks, etc... but I bet it was some of the best fun we've ever had.

16. Mojo

Mojo

i'm totally in love with that corvair and that 50 ford

17. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

That event was run with flag starts,and just win lights. There were no times or mph. Some of the faster cars were going around 80-90 mph,at the end of the 1/8th.

18. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

I did'nt know they had a track near Marysville. I used to go to the Harley shop there when I visited my friends in Knoxville. That shoebox ford is killer along with the the red 46-48 Ford. Bring that Fairlane to the hamb drags...you won't be disappointed!!!:D

19. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Come on Tingy!, What didja run?

20. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

i worked at that track back when it was being built and after they starting running there sold hot dogs in the consession stand. in the mid 50s.
    some of the local winners were , pinky potter, jack kidd, david huffstettler,etc.
    don't remember who all the owners were other that charlie hendricks ran the consession stand, any body out there remember that era, i left in 59 and came to atlanta and lost track of everybody, sure would like to know what happened to them.

21. NC Bonez

NC Bonez

That was a really awesome show, can't wait until next year. My buddy had a blast running his '30 down the track. Here's a cool rolling shot of the ride back home.

Attached Files:

22. RUSTEE 57 GMC

RUSTEE 57 GMC
    from Tennessee

I was helping out a few friends or I would have been there. I am going to try my best to attend next year. Looks like it was ALOT of fun!

23. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Looks like a blast.

Hey Tingler, email me some of those pictures so I can put them on the web site.

24. Deuces High

Deuces High
    from East Tenn.

25. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

I was gone for the weekend, our anniversary, and now my computer takes a dump. because of work, I will not be able to get the computer fixed until Friday. When that happens, I load up some of these pictures for you guys.

26. chilimac

chilimac

Had a great time,drug the wife out and she had a good time.It was way cool to stand at the finish line and watch the races.Did anyone get pics of the blue and white Buick?Ratster the Joker is one of my favorite cars,I see it at Sears on fridays just haven't met you yet.Looking forward to the next one.

27. ratster

ratster

just stop in when you see us at sears and say hey. I wont be in the JOKER this Fri. I'll be out pimp-in in my new 60 CAD, flat black with green flames

28. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Definitely looks like a blast and cool pics. Thanks

29. chilimac

chilimac

I haven't caught you around your car when I've been there,I'll try tommorrow if I get back from my kids scrimmage in time.

30. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

WEll C'mon Tingler. Git her going now. You got the Gasser look now make her run!!! I like fast Fairlanes......Did it hook OK???