Register now to get rid of these ads!

First time out almost burnt down

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaco, May 2, 2007.

1. jaco

jaco

Well it's finally ready for a test drive. Took it out and the brakes almost locked up. Luckly wasn't too far from the shop. Seems that I had the rod adjusted too long to let the piston come back too the bleed hole to relive the pressure. I adjusted it and hope it's fixed now. Will have to try again this weekend. Lots of smoke and noise trying to make it back to the shop. I sure there will some other stupid shit that I screwed up yet to find. Friends said not drive it till it's ready but how are you supposed to know if you don't drive it? What you think? Yea I know I need other valve covers than the billet ones, I have a set old grooved ones i'm cleaning up to use.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jspencer916

jspencer916

Looks pretty bad ass to me. Don't listen to your friends, drive it every chance you get. Just start out around the block, so that the broken drive back will be short.

3. I like it, it's different and you are going to have to shake them down one way or another. Like was said it was close to the shop and you made it back, maybe next time you can get a couple miles out of it.

4. jaco

jaco

Yea i'll keep it close to the house at first. Most of my friends don't understand about this stuff anyway. Makes you wonder why they are still friends. Can't wait till this weekend to try again. LET HER BURN.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!