Register now to get rid of these ads!

how to get a ticket in 5 easy steps...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, May 1, 2007.

1. flathead4d

flathead4d

Unsafe start is what is now used in place of Excessive noise (squealing tires). The noise part was challenged in courts and since an officer was unable to say how many decibels the noise was without the use of a decimeter the cases were thrown out of court. I'm very familiar with the area you got the ticket at as I lived in Wyandotte for many years and got a few tickets there in my younger days. Being as you were on private property (which is open to the general public) I don't see how he could write that particular violation. He could have written reckless driving, careless driving or an alcohol or drug related offense. That's about it. Now you ask, what's my expertise in this matter? I was a Police Officer for 26 years in this area.

2. cretin

cretin

thats 3 more steps then I need

3. hemi

hemi

Start your own magazine and then you can pay for it. Zombie ain't paying no damn ticket.... :D

4. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

since when do cops care about old cars???? wow they really are bored over there in detroit area.... musta not been downtown.

5. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

EXACTLY! nobody was held at gun point and forced to do anything. :rolleyes:

6. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

my girl grew up in the Detroit area and lives in Dearborn now. she has (aince this incident) told me what areas you can get away with what in. what areas are racist and what areas are more leineant for shinanagons such as smokey burnouts. :D

7. lexistars

lexistars
    from Fontana

haha awesome! Totally a guy thing...Us girls would somehow talk our way out of it or have alittle more sense! But I love the story thanks!

8. Big Tony

Big Tony

I've gotten a couple of those in texas and here they call it an exhibition of speed... I just call it freaking kewl. I once was power braking at a light and didn't notice the cop behind me and i threw rubber chunks all over his hood and he was pissed... Oh yea i went to jail that night. hehehehehe

9. zombie

zombie

yeah, i got my own damn tickets to pay for.

great shoot guys.

10. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

As Milner would say..."file that under CS over there will ya?"

11. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

I'd take that ticket before the judge. So long as you had permission to do the photo shoot on the garage's property and stopped the burnout before you touched the public sidewalk, this is silly. I think that a judge would see it as such and likely tell the cop that he should be looking for real crime. Cool coupe, BTW..:)

BTW, I'm 56 but definitely not a fogey...;)

Jan

12. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

"ATTENTION WHORE"

13. I was talking to your pinstriper Seth earlier today and he was telling me about it. Damn polices

14. Permit !!:rolleyes: Kinda hard to get a permit when you don't know where you are taking the pics at. Hell we wouldn't have even been in Wyondote to do the shoot if the weather had been better when I wanted to do it. We were driving around killing time waiting for the sun to come out when we found that spot. It was a great spot to do the shoot. It's a closed business , no one there to ask if we could shoot or not. We just pulled in and started taking pics. Like Mike said I did ask Aaron if he wanted to go some where else to do the burnouts. He wanted to do them there.

15. bitchin' ride, and congrats on the ticket lol, i really dig that exhaust

16. You wouldn't have known it was a Police station from looking at the side we could see. It just looked like your average office building. I didn't even see a cop car until the burnout . We found out it was the cop shop from Aaron after we started shooting.

17. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

well i JUST got a call from young Aaron. it seems he was walking down the street in good ole Wyandotte with his girl when said cop pulled up. seems him and some other officers were sharing the latest cop jokes they had heard when one of them mentioned this post!:eek:
    he let Aaron know he saw it but i'm not even sure if i'd told Aaron about it or not so he realy did'nt know what the cop was talking about till he explained it to him... Aaron thought it was pretty funny though. i was caught between finding it amusing and being slightly embarassed. kinda like when yer bad mouthing somebody and they come walkin around the corner.

guess i should go buy that lottery ticket know :rolleyes: . he said he could'nt tell if the guy was pist about it or not. oh well. freedom of speach and all that. he paid the ticket long ago thus admitting guilt anyways.

the internet truely has made the world an even smaller place, has'nt it.

18. movingviolation

movingviolation

If i was a cop i'd give ya a ticket as well......................unless we could go for a burn together;) :eek: ;)

That is one badass ride bro:D Besides every know and then we all have to act like clowns.:rolleyes: Did i mention that your ride is badass?

Those pictures are just to goddam kool.

19. rebarsfords

rebarsfords

BWAAhahahahaha!!!!!!
    That's funny!
    I'm taking notes on how to do that.
    Thanks for the info.

btw. cool rod.

20. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Yeah and then they would just call the fire department to come put out whatever the hell is burning. By the time the smoke cleared you would be long gone.

21. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

there is the thing of the letter of the law vs the spirit of the law. meaning every officer should use their best discretion. sorry you had to run into one that stands by the letter. i wouldnt worry about the badmouthing too much, police are used to the praises and admouthing that comes with the job.

22. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

If the lot has signs posted, "Vehicle Codes Enforced" at each entrance and exit, the vehicle infractions do apply. In California, spinning tires is called "Exhibition of Speed" and that's a misdemeanor, or "Reckless" (driving without due regard for safety). Misdemeanors apply to private property also.
    By the way, kick a$$ car.

23. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

"driving without intent"... In my book that's "Cruising" ... so cruisin IS a crime these days? :rolleyes:

Damn that rod looks good.
    I once got a ticket send to my house (that's how it goes overhere) for "creating unneccesary noise for more then 5 seconds long". I was thinking the ticket was for my dual flowmaster-system, so I got ready to fight it since there are no Db-levels known which the exhaust on my (1967) car should have.
    Turned out I got it because I was taking off at a green light and constantly spinning the tires across the intersecion for more than 5 secs in first and second gear... :D

24. beautiful car indeed ! damn , thats awesome in every way

25. lowbiz

lowbiz

sure seems like it on woodward these days. damn cops are kicking us out of every parking lot we go into. and i hear they might start ticketing in royal oak if they see you cruising.

btw aaron is a good friend of mine. the car truely is amazing. check out the next issue of rod and kulture for more details on the car.

26. chuckspeed

chuckspeed

I'd go B4 the judge and use the pix as evidence. The rod stopped B4 the sidewalk - still on provate property. If the local LEO's read this - they'll prolly opt not to show up to save face and the ticket gets dismissed B4 evidence is shown.

Nice car.

27. He should have given you a ticket for not having enough horsepower to do a burnout with a Blown Small Block and having to put your foot on the brake only to produce a little puff of smoke.

I wonder what code violation that would be?

Sam.