Register now to get rid of these ads!

(Another) Barn Find.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jpmopar, Apr 29, 2007.

1. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

Found this one today in a barn just slightly larger than the car. It's a 1962 Chrysler Windsor, big-block, 4-door sedan with only 51,000 miles. Original owner was the guy's great aunt and the car was backed into the barn a few days after she died back in '72. Interior and trunk both look cherry. No rust holes either. The car has some sweet options too, like those funky mirrors. I did find something in the trunk I can honestly say I've never ran into before. The "great aunt's" husband worked for a casket company and there's an unfinished lid from a minature coffin in the trunk! Wierd-o-rama. I bought the car (cheap) but will have to go back next weekend to pull it out. I'll take more pics when its out.

JP

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      96.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      104.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Sounds like a cheap and easy custom in the making. Just lower it and get it cleaned up.

3. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

Great find.
    Those diagonal headlight Chryslers used to scare me when I was little. Too mean looking.
    Okay, since it's a done deal, what did you pay for it?

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

At the Pate Swap Meet this weekend a guy had for sale the lid for a child's coffin with the hole in it for the viewing window. Creepyola!

5. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

I got it for $200. It has the factory "green" tinted glass all around, the original Jiffy Jet washer bag, and the factory spare looks like it's never touched the ground. I'll post more pics next weekend.

JP

6. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

That car is haunted!!! I'd sell it!

7. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

The coffin lid in the trunk of this thing must be for a child's coffin. (Or maybe for a pet...) Its sitting up on the upper shelf of the trunk, up near the back seat. I guess you could use it to make a minature "Grandpa Munster" pedal-car rod. :)

JP

8. Nocturnal

Nocturnal
    from CO

Great find...they might as well have paid you $200 to take it......

9. Oh yeah, those funky 1960s Chrysler front ends have that "love 'em" or "hate 'em" quality.... and I LOVE 'EM!

10. jpmopar

jpmopar
    from Virginia

When I first heard about the car, I was hoping it was a '61. The guy told me it had those "diagonal" headlights and a push button tranny. Turned out to be the '62. Also, talk about your patina, this thing is covered in muddy little hoof prints. The guy that I'm buying it from raises goats and he said the little ones like to stand on the '62 when it rains! For originality sake, Maybe I should just clearcoat over the hoof marks and run it as is.... :)

JP

11. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

get out the router and make that mini casket your club plaque