Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's Up Coker!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MEANDEAN, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

No problems, but I also live next door to them in Cali. and that is great.

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That could very well be the case... Lord knows I have screwed up some of my own orders... That's just business, right?

Regardless, I think it's important for folks to have a voice... I support that... and have my own.

You'll notice that 90% of the posts in this thread are positive. That is the case because Corky runs a damn fine business in my opinion.

3. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I just looked out in the shop,

I'm biased too!

Coker rules

4. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

They've been real good this last year!!!

Now Grainger and Ingersal Rand??? They SUCK ASS!!!! Too bad they arent on here listening!!!!

-Jason

5. 28rpu

28rpu

I ordered some tires from Coker last week. Got them yesterday. Sure, they didn't arrive in a couple of days, that's alright. What's up with people and instant gratification?

6. Phule

Phule

I blame the interwebtubes.

Seriously brah, just cancel your order and place a new one.

7. skipstitch

skipstitch

Not to be another dick :)...but April 17th till April 28th is not 3 weeks. And I even used Ohio Public Skool math!

8. Burgy

Burgy

i havent personally dealt with coker, and still not sure if I will ($700 for shipping to canada is a bit of a stretch for me and my local tire shop aint doing any better) but I did personally send a PM to Corky, expecting a 5-10% chance of getting a response, however lo and behold, it may have took him a month or so, he gave me a response, to me that alone signifies him as a good business owner/person and I give him kudos for that. I mean I wonder how many PM's he probably had to wade through before he got to mine, and to think he probably answers all of them, I could never do that, I'm a bonified procastinatin lazyass.

9. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

Hey Dean,

If you think Coker is so bad, call Frank at Stockton Wheel...:D

No, don't. Really. That was a joke.

I'm sure Corky will get your order straightened out in no time.

Lance

10. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Coker shipped via US Mail to me when I was stationed overseas & then charged me the same as the would have if they shipped UPS (cheaper).

I've bought two full sets from them & getting ready to order a third.

11. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Coker always gave us a discount and have always had great service from them for over 15 years....... Coker is keeping your car on the road if you think about it....

12. Coker is a big business,and anytime humans are involved,mistakes happen.Call again and ask for tracking # or pm Corky,I'm sure it'll be straightened out ,they are car enthusiasts,as well as reputable business.Please give them another chance,the world is not perfect.:rolleyes:

13. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I've bought several sets of tires from Coker......always great service, fast delivery and top notch products........

I give them an A+

Brucie

14. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

I ordered a pair for the front of our HA/GR car and didn't receive in a week. I called customer service and was told my credit card number was invalid as it was expired for the end date. I gave her my end date off of the card and she said someone there may have entered the wrong date on the order. I had the tires 2 days later. Everyone makes mistakes and I didn't get riled over it. Shit happens!

15. Pacients Grasshopper, don't snach the pebbles just yet it takes time with a large buisiness, there's a lot to deal with.

16. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Did you write down who you talked to? Call back and talk to someone different. If they don't know, ask to speak to their supervisor. If that doesn't work ask to talk to THEIR manager. If that doesn't work, then try bitching online.

I ordered once from them and would order from them again.

17. meteor

meteor

Wow! $700 just for shipping? what are you ordering? I got a quote for shipping to Toronto and it was $188 for a set of 4 tires. I might even order them and pick them up at the Goodguys Nationals in Ohio.

18. RacerRick

RacerRick

I think there is a member on here who sells Coker products in canada, I hope he pipes up if he does. That will save you a bundle on shipping.

They make that fine revelstoke spiced whiskey where you live? I need another case!

19. johnnykck

johnnykck

Coker = A+, I've ordered several sets of tires, both car and motorcycle and never had a problem with coker, once UPS lost two tires of an order of four, I called coker and they sent out two new ones the same day and they payed for next day shipping. Great service if you ask me.

20. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Only heard *great* things about Coker's service. If you needed it immediately you shoulda bought local or paid for overnight shipping. If you're not happy then just cancel your order and it'll be better for everyone involved, including the HAMB.

Now shut your piehole, you little baby.

21. you wanna try living in the UK...anything you order over here has a disclaimer of `28 days delivery`....its usually quicker but not always...this still doesn`t beat the rodders journal, i reckon they`re products fly to the moon and back via carrier pigeon before they reach the UK

monkey

22. So, how'd this work out for ya? OK? Did you get some insight on the situation? (above are all rhetorical questions)(

23. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

I've bought several sets from Corky, picked'm up and had'm delivered. Had no problems, PM him he'll make it right.

24. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

biased,,,no pun intended??

25. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

I've picked up a couple tires from them and no problems at all. Got one at thier store once and they went out of thier way to find it for me, it was allmost closing time. Nothing but good to say about them

26. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Call Jess Hoodenpyle, he is the customer service manager 1-800-251-6336 ext 263, his e-mail address is [email protected]. Try it.

J.

27. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

Un-bunch yor panties, take a deep breath and maybe call them. Play nice, ask for status. Nothing but good service from them for me.
    Pat

28. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

coker is awesome. quit crying

29. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

I ordered on a Monday or Tuesday and they were here on that Friday. The tires look and feel great! I'm VERY impressed with their service (friendly, asked about my rod, yadda yadda, HAMB discount).

The first half of their service was great, the only other test will take a few years........

With all that said, it does sound like something went wrong. I can see being a bit aggravated- when I decide to drop 6 bills on tires, I would like to touch, feel and drool on them.... However, be patient, and give them a chance. I think you'll be more than impressed with quality.

Also, if 90% of your posts weren't griping about Coker (a company many on here like and a company that supports our site) you may have gotten off a bit easier. If a buddy of mine, that I know well, gripes about Coker, I'll probably listen and take his side. If I don't know him very well or know his "type" I'd turn a deaf ear to him........see my point?

EDIT: to jump on the band wagon......do you have sand in your vagina?:D :p

30. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Did you have them mount and balance them??????????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.