Register now to get rid of these ads!

52 Hudson Hornet and others

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wvenfield, Apr 27, 2007.

1. wvenfield

wvenfield

Went for a ride the other day (I'll try and keep a long story not too long) and passed a garage I've noticed before. This times was different. In the driveway was a 52 Hudson Hornet.

[​IMG]

I had to stop. I was driving my 54 Chevy and of course the guy came out. WOW, what a cool guy. He said his family has had the Hornet over 25 years (he is around 40). He also has a 2 door long rear window Hudson in the garage in the pic part way through restoration and a 330 Hemi sitting in front of it. He said he is still trying to decide whether or not to install it in the Hudson.

Also inside is a 61 Cadillac he is doing for his dad. Incredibly nice white and red tuck and roll interior. I asked him about it and he said he did it there in his garage. Took me to a side room full of material and a sewing machine. Cadillac front seat was there getting finished. (I'll get pics later, he wasn't there today)

You can see the rear of his 55 Nomad to the right. Old patinad body sitting on a fully redone chassis that he drag races.

Also has a 61 Bubble top Bonneville behind the building with a 389 and 3 dueces that appears to have been drag raced at one time. The dueces aren't progressive.

Not HAMB related but there is also an all original (including surface rust and grease) 67 Chevelle with a 250 and 3 speed O/D. Pretty rare piece.

Probably the coolest thing though is he has a set of 40 Willy's dealership advertising posters. I had never met the guy but he showed me all through his stuff. Major gearhead. I'll be back to get more pics later.

2. BigRed390

BigRed390

Awesome! Guy's got a lot of hardware.

3. lexistars

lexistars
    from Fontana

wow, that is some Collection.

4. Zombilly

Zombilly

thanks for the story and the great picture wvenfield!