Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Buried my dog today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat ASS Whitewalls, Apr 27, 2007.

1. chopped

chopped

Doc was 15 when we lost him so I know how you feel. I also decided not to get another, I don't know where this 90 lb. ball of fur under my feet came from but I like having another one around.

2. Shoebomber

Shoebomber
    from Bangor, ME

sorry to hear that man. my prayers are with you and your family...

3. DirtLateModel2c

DirtLateModel2c
    from Plum, PA

Sorry for your loss, man. I never had a pet growing up, mainly because my father had 2 dogs and it was hard on him when they passed. He just didnt wanna deal with that pain again. Recently, when my gf and I moved in together, she brought along her year old Pittbull, I've since become pretty attached to her. Shes such a goofy, loving pooch! I dread the day that she passes. Be strong man, as was said before, you did the best possible thing, love your pup as much and they loved you.

4. 5window

5window

I was so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you will always remember the good times you shared with your friend. I put my Lab down 15 months ago and still look for him when I pull in the driveway.

Here at our animal hospital, I euthanize 2 to 3 animals daily. It's something we take very seriously and it never,ever gets any easier to do.

The bond between humans and animals is something extremely wonderful and I am very glad you had a chance to experience the meriacle-even if it wasn't long enough.

5. Sean

Sean

Sorry to hear about your loss.

This is Brutus, we lost his sister Bonny 2 months ago.
    [​IMG]

6. BigRed390

BigRed390

My condolences. I've worked for a vet for 6 years now, and seen quite a few go. Still makes me sad and they're not even mine. Know exactly how you feel. Good dogs are unbelievable companions.

7. Radio Joe

Radio Joe

Sorry to hear that. I had a dog when I was younger that looked just like yours and had many of the same problems (all except the legs) and he had accidents alot on the floor.

I had Brewser (Yes thats how I spelled it) since I was about 7. I moved out of my parents house when I was about 20 and my dad got tired of cleanign up after him so he called me and told me if i couldnt take the dog to my house, I had to have him put to sleep. I couldnt take him so I had to have him put down. It was fast and I'll never forget it. Im sure the people in the lobby will never forget the big dude in the Biker Jacket sobbing like a little girl carrying out a box with his old friend in it. My kids and wife have had dogs since.. but not me.

8. I had a shepherd/collie mix named "Flash",he lived to be 15 and about the time he had to be put down a chow/shepherd mix showed up at my house. He's got a bad back leg, hops when he runs, so I named him "Skip". He's logged around 12,000 miles in the front seat of my Tahoe running back and forth to the NASCAR races in Las Vegas, hangs out in a shop at the speedway while I work for the PR bunch. Just thinking about the situation you're in hurts...OOOOPS, I think I got something in my eye. Blessings, Bill

9. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

keep your chin high brother...

if only for one reason and one only, remember this thought. when you feel pain in your heart, your dog always "knew"... they have a way of knowing... kinda philisophical and all i know, but remember she's watching and aches to "nuzzle" a smile onto your face... thats what they do best. keep that thought in mind and she isnt far from your heart at all

i'm gonna go wrestle with my hound and maybe stop cryin for a bit

10. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

So sorry to hear that. Althought it may have been for the best, its not easy. Had to do the same thing 2 weeks ago. Heart goes out to you.

11. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

My thought excactly, dogs rule and my three street dogs (found them all in the streets of Hollywood) are getting older.
    I'm sooooo sorry for your loss.
    One of my dogs got sprayed by a skunk last night, so there are good times and "bad" times, sometimes. The old lady (Rosie) is 15 years old and was just in shock about the smell.

12. I had to put my lab to sleep,right after I moved to O.C. She was bit by a rattlesnake. We went to the pound and found a Dalmation. Never thought I would be attached to a dog this much. I've always been a cat person,but can't have one cause my son has asthma. Gonna be real hard when she goes. Loves to cruise in the car.

13. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

My heart goes out to you, in the past 20 years we put 16 Great Danes and 2 STANDARD Puddles down, dosen't get any easier, we have 2 Danes now, 4 years old.

14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

my dog was 17, really helped get me through some tough times,left work early to come home and have him put down. to late, found him dead on the patio. still haven't forgiven myself.:(

15. Thanks guys. Yesterday was pretty good until I came home from work. It's nice out today, keeping myself busy. Dean

16. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

Sorry for your loss....don't give up on having another dog.
    They have a way of finding you. There's a lot of them out there and it will and years to your life. My Father had to put his dog down last year. It was also blind....I think from watching him weld.
    __Paul

17. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

Sorry to hear about your dog:(

18. im sorry to hear that. RIP.

19. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

i've lived in the same house for 31 years,during that time i've had lots of dogs,i had 6 at one time a few years ago.
    when my dogs pass away we bury them beside the driveway,and we make marble headstones for them out of the marble window sills.
    we have lots of markers out there,my wife puts flowers on them every couple of weeks..
    we feel your pain brother.

20. rdachsdog

rdachsdog
    from michigan

Sorry for your loss. I lost 2 myself last year, Stimpy was 13, blind for the last 2 years but still knew where in the yard she was. Went peacefully in her sleep. Dachshund Nicki, 13 was diabetic but with insulin was doing very well, but vet ignored my concern about her breathing funny, said it was from some swelling from a false pregnancy. Turns out she had fluid around her lungs and died in a veterinary emergency clinic. I have a new vet for my other dogs now. Sorry to ramble, but I miss mine too. Again, sorry for your loss.

21. I was surprised to see this back up. It's been three weeks since I buried her, I still look for her when I come home. When I'm out I keep thinking I need to go home and feed her. Tonight is extra lonely, my wife went to emergency last night, and is still there. It turned out to be a kidney stone, and they broke it up today. She should come home tomorrow, but she has a fever. I just came back from visiting her. Thanks, Dean

22. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

I hope the wife is back to normal soon, too- geezus! kidney stones are no fun...I know from personal experience!

I'm really sorry for your loss...they mean so much when you really think about them.

My DiDi is getting up there, and I'm dreading the day I come home and find that she's not her 'usual self'. She has so much personality. My best buddy.

I remember when I was there when they put my childhood dog to sleep...he'd gotten old beyond his years...and in the end it was best to put him out of his misery.

Ironic really, when they are in constant pain, they sure don't complain much like us Humans do.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Included is a pic of my wondermutt, Dee. She is sad too. :(

Attached Files:

• dee.jpg
      dee.jpg
      File size:
      70.6 KB
      Views:
  23. Rolf

Rolf

Animals have an amazing way of wrapping them self around your heart. My thoughts goes out to you...

...and from Henry and Ruby:

[​IMG]

24. Dean,

I'm so sorry to learn of your dear one. It's obvious you loved, and still love her, and that you miss her. You were each lucky to have each other.

It hurts like hell. My buddy Bingo was put to sleep in the embrace of my wife and myself on January 12 of this year. He was ill, and tired, and ready. We thought we were ready. Each day, something prompts each of us to think of him. Each day, we thank God for having blessed us with him.

A member of your pack is missing. Mourn her in your own way, and at your own pace.

Warmest wishes to you and to your wife. Here's hoping she's recovering quickly and completely.

25. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

GO find yourself another dog ... you know you want to and need to ... :)

After my wifes dog had to be put down on my wife's birthday ... she wanted the little puppy shown above ...

The little puppy is now almost 1 and 1/2 years old ...
    I think my wife loves that little schnazuer more than she loves me ... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

26. Thanks for helping me see why I like dogs a LOT better than people, oh and as to it being "your" HAMB I think Fatass has about 3 years on you so he can vent about any OT thing he wants to!

Man really sorry to hear about your loss, we still miss our very crazy Corgi Oscar ( he was a pound dog) and we could not do without our two rescued Doxies. Think about giving another dog a loving home, sounds like you guys would be great friends for shelter dog.

27. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

Sorry for your loss.....

28. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

I'm sorry for your loss. I've had dogs all my life and its never easy when you loose one. There always seems to be another one eager to take its place. Here is my current buddy.
    When it seems no one else loves you your dog always will. I guess that's why they are man's best friend.

Sadie001A.jpg