Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally a scrap guy with some sense.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fishtank, Apr 27, 2007.

1. fishtank

fishtank

I found these the other day. Everything is for sell. Whole car or parts. The owner is a nice guy. He runs a scrap yard, but when people bring in old stuff, he doesn't crush it. Most of the cars are very complete because they aren't out of junk yards, they're out of people's yards. His place is:

Johnson Recycling
    2690 Hawkinsville Hwy (Hwy. 341)
    Eastman, GA 31023
    478-374-7331
    Myrle Johnson

Attached Files:

2. fishtank

fishtank

More

Attached Files:

3. nice find mate. the crusher came to the the local car cemetary on thursday- everyone from the local town had been dumbing the cars there for 30 or so years, the crusher ended up crushing about 70 cars- the reason why they where crushed was that that out of towners had be abusing the privlige and stripped all of the engines and gearboxes out of them! and they didn't go throught the gate 1/4 up the road they cut the fence and went in throught the bush- thus when sheep where put in the paddock they all! got out and went wandering - so the lander owner had got a couple of warning from the cops then said enough is enough and called in smorgans and they crushed and took the lot. the cars where from 1960 onwards, mostly holdens and fords- it was a good yard.

4. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

That's a good idea, run a small junkyard along with a scrapyard. Your bound to make more money that way and it doesn't take much effort.

It always amazes me how ignorant scrap people are about old stuff. I used to go down to the scrapyard and buy up all the victorian door handles and push plates people would take in for scrap brass and sell em. I'd pay $10-$15 for them and get $80-$100 selling them (and that was cheap too)

5. fishtank

fishtank

Yeah, he's got a yard across the street from his scrap place. He said whenever he gets something old he sets them out there and hopes someone passing by will see them.

6. rbroadster

rbroadster

The shot of the rear of the wagon.... is that a Galaxie or a Fairlane? The fins make it look like a Fairlane, but that tailgate looks dead-on the one on my '63 Gal.

7. flat_mountain

flat_mountain

Did he, by chance, quote a ballpark figure on what he wanted for those? I might be interested in that Plymouth....

8. fishtank

fishtank

The wagon is a Country Squire(galaxy). It was in nice shape.

I didn't ask him about prices.