Register now to get rid of these ads!

are these true ansen's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Preacher, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

a while ago i read a thread on ansens... from this pic can anybody tell if these are true ansens? and if so are they as rare as my buddy thinks they are?

Attached Files:

2. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Pull the wheel off and check the backside, most have 'Ansen' and the size cast in them...

CC

3. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

do you happen to know if they are "rare"... they look to me like any old slotted mag.

why are ansens any better or are they?

4. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

nothing rare about slotted mags.... i think they are making a comback though, and are starting to get more pricey. speeking of which i need to go get the few i saw at the junk yard.

5. squirrel

squirrel

I was digging thru my old wheel collection trying to find something useful, and I found one Ansen, it has more verbiage cast into the backside of the wheel than I've ever seen on any other wheel!

6. Longbox55

Longbox55

Ansens were pretty common around here back in the day, probably not as rare as you would think.
    ARE owns the rights to them now, they're reproducing them. They were selling them as the ARE "Indy", but now they're selling them under the Ansen name.

7. 1929rats

1929rats

ansen should be cast in a rectangular block or in block letters on the inside of the wheel. I used to run a set of ansens on my chevelle. You could shine those babies up and make em look like chrome!

The original caps that say "ansen sprint" WERE real rare at the time when I was looking for them.....Now anything is available for the $ of ebay. They are makin em again.

8. Really don't matter how rare. Nobody likes these, again, yet

9. squirrel

squirrel

I don't like them again, I like them still.....

10. Ramblur

Ramblur

Put the repops on my 57 last year.

[​IMG]

11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Used slot mags are rare around here anymore, cause everybody is selling them for scrap for about 15 bucks each???

12. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus