Register now to get rid of these ads!

ol' skool rodz mag. @#$% a rant, (sorry)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by happy hoppy, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Germ

Germ

anyone MISS the POINT that JESSIES car is kinda GAY, and the CHOP looks like SHIT?
    Maybe I'm GAY. but then again I get to SLUMBER PARTY with the HARVESTER OF BONDO in the METALLICA 36 and do NITROUS balloons while COLE fucks SUPER MODELS,,

the ECHO is what makes the BUZZ from the balloons RING my BELLS...

JESSIES ford is GAY, it's not the PICTURES,,,,

2. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

I welcomed the mag when #1 came out!
    Another chance to maybe get some exposure.....After MANY calls, nothing...okay...I'll PAY for an ad and let people know where to find us......NO call backs?
    I still buy it...I'm not cool....I'm not a BadAss....I like to see what others have done,and to learn....
    If our art is just of NO INTEREST to anyone,or my work just plain stinks (VERY possible),then TELL ME...Don't ignore me...

3. D Picasso

D Picasso

[ QUOTE ]

the ECHO is what makes the BUZZ from the balloons RING my BELLS...

[/ QUOTE ]

that and the BIG DEEEP VOICE. I like that part too.

4. chopt50

chopt50
    BANNED

[ QUOTE ]
    Issue 1 looked like it would be good, so I bought it. The editors could not have picked worse shots of cars to start off with. The article on Jesse James' car, regardless of what you think of him, was pathetic. Some of the worst pix I have ever seen for a magazine. The car is very nice and needed better shots.And anyone who asks could you have done better, "hell yeah"
    2nd, WTF is with this mag? Is it trying to gear itself towards the " I live in SoCal, buy a 4 door, cut the roof off so all 12 of my buddies car drive in it and we can drink PBR and call it a kustom because we all have coats and the car is black with red rims" crowd? Maybe its because I have had a little too much to drink and have to be up in 5 hours 4 work. This magazine, along with a lot of things I have noticed lately, are really starting to piss me off. Stop befor I make real enemies.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I AGREE 100 million%

5. chopt50

chopt50
    BANNED

[ QUOTE ]
    I have to agree with A-bomber on OSRs, it's cool to see a HAMBer in the mag (numnuts). I was disappointed in the pics of a few of the cars. Like the pile-up,jessies.... mostly just shots of parts on cars , not full pics. Other then that she's a good magazine. Not much diffrent on CCD..On the speeling jess deel wit it...

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOO WAY!!!!! Car culture Deluxe is way fucking better than old skool rodz. There is absolutely NO comparison. [​IMG]

6. Everytime one of us DOESN"T buy a car magazine,we should send Ryan a Buck.

Buy what you like.
    Don't like it,don't buy it.
    Simple.

7. abomber30

abomber30
    from syc, ILL

ya this is all fun and games! but seriously how many of you guys are getting this type of letter sent to you? hahahaha OSR 4 LIFE!!!! OSR is not just a magazine it's a way of life.....

Attached Files:

8. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

..that dodge has a mullet

9. FWilliams

FWilliams

[ QUOTE ]
    but seriously how many of you guys are getting this type of letter sent to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would settle for anything getting mailed to me.

10. Crease

Crease

[ QUOTE ]
    801-652-3458 you wanna talk to me and tell me how rotton my photo's are be and man and give me a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I call you collect?

Actually, I liked your photograpy, just not the subject matter.

11. If the magazine speaks to you... buy it.

If the magazine isn't your "one handed reading material"...

leave it on the shelf. [​IMG]
    Sam.

12. Muttley

Muttley

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming that you've seen the dash? WTF is that all about, a snake mural? [​IMG] Maybe next he can ad a picture of an Aztec warrior to the decklid. And yes the chop is shitty.

13. Missing Link

Missing Link

OSR is a fledgling mag that needs to get it's shit together. Regardless of whether you like the name or not, I actually like the mag. I was, however, very dissapointed with issue #3. Basically, I thought it sucked. But I for one like the lay-out, the pics are getting much better, the subject matter has been good...but if they lose the tech they lose my sub. I just hope it doesn't turn into CKD. DO NOT reply on my CKD reference please. What I am getting at by that statement is that I thought CKD was the shit, for the first four or five issues. After that it went down hill real fast, imo. I hope that same thing doesn't happen to OSR. But, they need to get their shit together to prevent that from happening. IMO, they took a step back with issue #3. I give them leeway since they are new to the magazine bidnezz.
    As far as the subscription is concerned, I have gotten tremendous service so far and I hope they keep up the good work....at least for me.

14. Too Scenester for me...

15. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

[ QUOTE ]
    Too Scenester for me...

[/ QUOTE ]have you checked out ga- rage

16. Germ

Germ

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming that you've seen the dash? WTF is that all about, a snake mural? [​IMG] Maybe next he can ad a picture of an Aztec warrior to the decklid. And yes the chop is shitty.

[/ QUOTE ]

looking at the GENERAL CAR and the METAL WORK and the CHOP, it reminds me of a ZZ TOP style CHOP on a BATHTUB,,,,,,,,,

I dont like it at all,,
    and I LIKE JESSIE JAMES alot,

GERM

17. "I want to know why JESSIE JAMES is BITING our "HELLFIRE" DRESS CODE, 10 years LATER,,,
    we been ROLLING it like that since SKATEJAMS '88"

I have never stopped and never will..