Register now to get rid of these ads!

They still do exist

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Earl, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Big Earl

Big Earl

I went to pick up an s10 and a 327 for my 50 pickup when treb11 and I ran across some gems. The actual owners were not there, and supposedly only the touring is for sale for 6k. They both have been sitting for some time. really cool piece of history here. if anyone is interested pm me for contact information

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

he also has an edsel
    [​IMG]

2. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Wow. I love seeing stuff like this.....

3. Longbox55

Longbox55

Me too. I know I'll get hung for this-those Ts are too nice to rod.

4. now thats my kinda shop, cars & all..joe

5. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

I know an old, old man with a metal barn FULL of stuff like that - several T's, A's, an Airflow, several '65 Mustang convertibles, and lots of old Studes. He had engines, too - I spotted a Model B motor with an aluminum 2 jug intake. Couldn't get close enough to see the brand. Of course - he's going to restore it all someday and he can't even hold a wrench.

6. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

Did you check under the hood of that touring and see if there was a burbling pressure pot with some Flubber in it??

7. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

like this one

Attached Files:

8. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I like his "barn", wish I had that then I could keep the footprints off the roof of my cars. What I wonder is how someone goes to the trouble to restore cars like that then lets em rot back to the state they found them in.

There must be some sort of story behind that.

PS: I'd probably have to leave those alone too. They're pretty cool as is (probably have a nice fake "patina" after sitting like that too) As for the Edsel, chop away!

9. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Hey speedtool, I know him too.

10. Big Earl

Big Earl

Now that would have been rare!!!

11. Hey there his and when he dies they willl come up as an estate sale. there will always be a deal, someday for someone. be Patient!

12. 47fordcoe

47fordcoe
    from San Diego

hey.....holy shit that's my name...it my ride and it's NOT for sale...ha ha ha one more car I wish I had...........

13. Big Dad

Big Dad

Damm that was funny

I was thinking

chitty,chitty bang bang

14. Longbox, I gotta agree with you. I'm a rodder but when you find tin like that, preserve it! There's only so many original or original like cars left. When they're gone, they're gone! There's plenty of parts and pieces of cars left for us rodders to build some damn nice rides. If we have to, there's even some repro stuff to use.

15. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

the rest of the story - yes, they are part of an estate sale. there is also gobs of NOS Ford & GM trim in the wrappers, and still NIB stuff from closed dealers and parts stores. Fel-Pro, AC etc. It was a Saturday morning well spent. No blood was shed either.

*dang* It was so dark in there I didn't even see the go-kart thingie on top of the Edsel !