Register now to get rid of these ads!

New and a Question

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mmmaxwe, Apr 20, 2007.

1. mmmaxwe

mmmaxwe

I wanted to first thank you for the informative website. I am looking forward the learning the knowledge from this site. I would also like to ask a question. I have recovered a old Hotrod built in the late 50's and the vehicle has what I believe to be an Olds Motor, perhaps a 324 from the mid 50's. I cannot find my engine or head casting numbers in any publication or on the Internet and would like to ask your advice. I would like to know what this is so I can proceed with the resto. Your help and/or direction would be appreciated. I think it is a 324, not 100% sure. The engine has been touched up a bit in side and has Thompson Mag. Rockers. The car had a Edlebrock alum. intake with three Stromberg 97's. Seems to be a period car exactly how it was when it was built. I can share some pics if there is an interest.

Head casting
    561557 GM 5 CFD 175

Back of Block
    F232 CHC 3-5

Driver Side Stamped in Engine Block Pad
    R134984

Thank you,
    Mike

2. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

I can't help with your question, but welcome... what part of AR are you from... there are several of us on the forum from the Conway area...

3. dochorsepower

dochorsepower

Welcome to the forum. I don't have any reference for numbers but try posting some pictures. Sounds like you've unearthed another gem.

4. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Welcome to the HAMB.
    It's encouraging to see some people can read and follow directions.LOL
    I know almost nothing about early Olds engines,but I know someone who does,(2 different guys with 3 multiple record holders betweeen 'em) and will check the digits when I get a chance (prolly in the next couple a days.

5. mmmaxwe

mmmaxwe

I am living in NWA when I am in the states.

Thank you all for the help. How can I post a pic?

6. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

Welcome! We love pictures and old rods. Try posting pics. If you have trouble, email to me and I will post them for you.