Register now to get rid of these ads!

Perfect '32 pu with history on Egay!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Horsepower67, Apr 17, 2007.

1. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Our computer would not allow us to do that. Go figure.

Its also wouldn't allow us to change anything, just add to it.

I was told the truck made either Hop up or Rod & Custom back in the mid 50's. I havent seen the mag personally, but was told the picture was taken at Bonneville and showed it towing a deuce roadster.

Again, Sorry for any confusion.

2. AXLE- If it was me, I'd kill the whole auction "due to an error in the listing" and re-list it.

Make sure it's correct before you do, because once there's a bid you can't change anything...

...and don't use all caps...

...but, that's just me.

JOE:cool:

3. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Hell, instead of cancelling it, you can just add to the description parts (or paragraphs) from the original add. Explain your computer giving you issues, but this is a way to adapt but keep the auction running. Add a section, save it to revise, then go back and add another section. It'll make the auction look choppy, but most people will be able to see what you are trying to do with it.

I always wonder about a vehicle that I've got my eye on and it disappears and comes back a different way. Makes me a bit leary of what is going on or if there's some deception (intentional or not) going on.

4. haring

haring

Axle,

Thanks for stepping up and saying something.

Now knowing that YOU are the owner changes things because I know you have a rock-solid reputation.

I re-read the ad -- FORCING MYSELF THROUGH THE RETINA-BURNING ALL CAPS TEXT -- and things are clearer, BUT posting a photo of the old Hot Rod magazine muddies the water.

It's a shame that the way the auction is formatted, combined with a few confusing details, raises questions.

There ARE better ways to present your information, and that HUGE PARAGRAPH OF ALL CAPS WITHOUT ANY LINE BREAKS IS REALLY HARD ON THE EYES. I honestly didn't want to read it the first time around because I couldn't imagine why anyone would be so rude and/or clueless.

But I know you are a nice guy who really loves hot rods, so I obviously got the wrong impression based on the way the page is formatted. It's also obvious based on the reponses here that I wasn't alone.

Hopefully, you'll see my comments as helpful and not intended to beat up on you.

5. I'm exactly the opposite. To me, it seems like those "on such-n-such day the seller added" that get tacked to the bottom of the page are covering up some misleading part of a description. The people that have already bid are the ones who read the main description... then, if they come back to bid to win, and see that, I think they'd have second thoughts... especially on a vehicle that's this expensive.

I write all my descriptions in "word" and then copy and paste them to Ebay. That way you have all the time in the world to get it right.
    Read and re-read it and then post it.

I'd rather deal with a seller who goes out of his way to give the most honest description... even if it means ending a sale and re-listing it. It shows honor and it cleans the slate.

It's not us that it matters to, really. It's the people bidding their hard earned money on the truck...

With or without oversights in the listing, it is a nice truck. Deleting it and re-listing it shouldn't matter. It should stand on its own merits.

...but that's just me.

JOE:cool:

6. cruzr

cruzr

Hey , whatever it is or was......its a cool truck. That being said, as with any sale of any car , its always "buyer beware". The value is in the eyes of the buyer ,lets not condemn a guy for selling a cool rod.

7. haring

haring

There are valid reasons for relisting an item, but I understand your concern. I had a recent experience on eBay that forced me to relist my motorcycle.

I put "not Triumph, not Harley" in the description, and eBay PULLED IT for violation of keyword spamming. I see auctions listed that way all the time, but I guess eBay is cracking down. They made money off my mistake, though.

I was given no warning, I lost all the current bidders, possibly turned off others who were considering bidding, lost the auction page and had to rewrite and format it, and lost my "relist discount". Because of that little problem, I have a bitter feeling about eBay.

8. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

Axle, very KOOL truck! I got to see it in person at Rythm Bound in Pomona and again at the Grand National Roadster Show, Very Kool Truck!! It is the real deal Hot Rod and for the price it is well worth it!! I dont think the description is misleading and 15-20k is a good price for that truck, it sounds to me like Axle knows some history on the truck which makes the deal that much sweeter! Good Luck with the sale!

9. SO-AZ

SO-AZ
    from Tucson

Feel in love with this truck at Viva last year...Glad ta see ya' got it runnin' good luck with the sale..

10. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I knew who's truck it was-& knew who's it was before him as well. Now that we have seen the feelings change once Alex spoke up maybe it would have been better to include THAT information in the description instead of the confusion that this truck was "built at the same time" as another truck?

11. Horsepower67

Horsepower67

Wow, I totally missed that it wasn't the same truck, perhaps the excitement got to me.

12. gregga

gregga

What's the reason the heads and intake aren't bolted on?

13. Burny

Burny

The seller made an addition to the description to clarify...I thought the same thing when I read it first though, that he was trying to pass it off as the cover truck even thought he differences were apparent. It's still a pretty cool looking truck with some history, even if it's not the cover truck...

14. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Pass the popcorn here we go again..
    Dave

15. lexistars

lexistars
    from Fontana

I seen this truck at two places and talked to axel about it. It is a pretty amazing truck , It even still has some of the original Pin stripping on the truck. Will catch your eye. It isnt running but Boy would it be nice

16. Skimmer

Skimmer

That is a Bad Ass truck id love it .......with plenty of history too

17. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

It's time for a "Pass the Popcorn" toll on the HAMB...

$5 for every use from this day forth... :)

18. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! Just checked Ebay and the auction has been ended early due to an error in the listing. Imagine that.

Frank

19. I knew id seen it on here in the past...knew it was always kool with out climbing on a leg!!! ROFL

20. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Looks to me the grill shell and top of hood were "fake patinaed". Where they missing or possibly had a '33 truck grill and seller wanted a '32 grill?-and seller painted/patinaed to match the rest of the truck??

21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

So.....Axle grease.....what are the tailites on that cool jitney?
    I love that truck.

22. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

The truck was sitting outside at Buck's place in Romona for years.

I remember seeing it with out the grill shell and hood.

It is a neat old Hot Rod and it is cool that Axel brought it back to life.

I would love to see the truck in some old photos.

Tex