Register now to get rid of these ads!

Birthday gift for a young Hotrodder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roadstar, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Tomorrow is my son Race's birthday. So I gave this alot of thought and decided to get him a set of brand new deuce rails for his model A sedan project. The kid is very special to me and he has been busting ass here at home on my new 40 project and another customers car we are trying to get done. He has learned so much in the past few years it's scarry. He knows what looks right and what goes with what when it comes to building a super trad Hotrod, or an over the top show Rod. But thank goodness he favors the traditional stuff as we all do here.

He's not making enough to buy them for himself right now and I think it will really keep him pumped up on his new ride.

SO anyone else spoil there kids?

2. I think this is some kind of hodrod gang sighn [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Rudy,
    Race is very cool kid. You're proud and you should be. He will remember that special birthdat present for many years to come.

4. trey

trey

yeah, good job on the son's half, but there is more. you are a hell of a dad for getting your boy involved like that. i only wish my dad would have had the chance to do the same for me, but he doesnt really dig rods. how old is your son?

trey

5. Dirk

Dirk

When I was a teenager my dad gave me a real set of Appelton spotlights to replace my dummies. My dad was a great guy and I will never get rid of them.

Sound like a perfect present!

6. Your both VERY lucky.And smart enough to know it.This world needs more people like you two.

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I think it is cool you are doing that for him.

8. old beet

old beet

Sounds like yer the one that got the present!!!...OLDBEET

9. FONZI

FONZI

Hope he dosen't read this!

FONZI

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Race is a GREAT guy. You've done an AWESOME job raising him. He's a pleasure to be around. You are both very lucky to have each other.

Race will remember this brithday for the rest of his life and will be sharing the stories with his grandchildren about the coolest birthday present his dad ever gave him and how much fun he had with his pop building his project.

I'm smiling just thinking about the look on his face when you give them to him. Way to go pop!

11. Thanks guys,you'e making me blush [​IMG].

Yea he does lurk from time to time. but I think I'll just stay on the rest of the night and make him work [​IMG].

12. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds like yer the one that got the present!!!...OLDBEET

[/ QUOTE ]
    True, true...

13. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

Man, that is the coolest thing I have heard all week. It must be a treat for you to know that you and your son have a common bond. I know that no matter what happens between me and my dad, we can always talk about hot rods.

14. The pic with your son looks like the ass end of a ? '51' ish ? Buick. Other than the rear window i would swear it was.
    So...what is it ? and do you have any more pisc of the car ?
    Thanks!

15. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

[ QUOTE ]
    The pic with your son looks like the ass end of a ? '51' ish ? Buick. Other than the rear window i would swear it was.
    So...what is it ? and do you have any more pisc of the car ?
    Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

naw,that has to be a chevy, [​IMG] more pics please!

16. It's a chevy. he did the work on it to pay for his tatoos.
    I might have some more pics. The car belongs to Jimmie a local tatoo artiest. Electric Superstitions here in Detroit.

17. The rear window is what made me think it wasnt a buick. What about the tail lights ? what are they ?

18. Tailites are 50 pontiac tunneled in about an inch

19. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

Rudy, you and Race are good people [​IMG] I'm glad to have met you both [​IMG]
    I'm sure Race will be so excited you got those for his birthday [​IMG] And NO, there's NOTHING wrong with being spoiled...I'm an only child...I have it perfected [​IMG] LOL
    Tell him we said Happy Birthday too!

kris

20. lowbuck31

lowbuck31

No kids for me! (that I know of anyways [​IMG]) but that is a great gift from a father to a son. Lots of fathers don't support their kids hobbies/careers and when they do that means a lot .

21. beatnik

beatnik

Rudy I think that's freaking great, I tell you what after seeing some of the little monsters my family/freinds have raised, I never wanted kids.

But seeing you and Race together at shows, always makes me wonder if I should have. He is a good kid and you should be proud of him and of yourself for raising him.

Happy Birthday Race!

22. Donzie

Donzie

Rudy, tomarrow post a "Birthday Card" for Race and let eveybody sign it. I think he'd get a kick out of that.
    It seems the older my Dad gets (he's 79) the cooler he gets.
    He still plays guitar in a band, has a '49 Pontiac and is working on a Model A sedan.
    He's the one that hooked me up with the 2 flatmotors.

23. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

Roadstar, that's cool man!! yer both cool guy's in my book.

Tell him I said happy birthday and stuff. [​IMG]

HRD

24. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

lucky little bastard [​IMG] hey, want to adopt another? [​IMG]

wish i could see his face when he finds out.

Mike

25. Race did a helluva job on the Chevy...find those pics to show it off for both Race and Jime'!

26. No better foundation for a rod than a set of deuce rails, and no better foundation for a father son relationship. Henry Ford could never imagined the impact of his 32 and the many ways it would directly or indirectly affect peoples lives. Good for you and your son!!

27. studeboy

studeboy

Rudy, You should be the poster dad for all fathers to look up to. I have only met race once and he seems to be a fine young man, and that is a reflection you and those around him. Race you are very lucky to have a father that cares enough that he brags to all his buddies, and also considers you one. Happy birthday and best wishes. Eric

PS If you adopt Kustombuilder can I come and spend the night once in a while? [​IMG][​IMG]

======================================================

49 Studebaker P/U

28. Damn you guys are gonna make me cry [​IMG].

Race is my son but he is also my very best friend. Believe me he is going to freak out when he sees "Happy Birthday Race" written on the side of these frame rails.

So anybody else that wants to wish him a happy birthday feel free to do so.

Also as a side note wish him good luck, last year on his 21 b-day he broke his arm [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

29. hey Race...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! See ya in a couple of weeks.

Dan

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, bud

[​IMG]

You got 22 of these coming your way next time I see ya

Be careful tonight [​IMG]