Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage houses, post a pic of yours.

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Roothawg, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Paul

Paul
    Editor

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Ladyshifters awesome Mid Century livingroom.

[​IMG]

40two likes this.
  3. TxRat

TxRat

heres mine we just bought. Built in 1955 added onto in the 70's, remodeled/rebuilt after Hurricane Rita. 4 bedroom 3 bath in what was a quiet neighborhood.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

40two likes this.
  4. purple

purple

Took my wife to the flea market yesterday. She needed some cheering up. But now I'm the one really happy cuz she found me this original 50's couch. It's perfect for me. Only problem if half the caster wheels are gone and the others are broken. I'm headed to OSH to get some legs to replace them.

Attached Files:

5. the cigar factory is nuts, just the look of it from the outside with the garage sitting there, i would have had a hard time not making a ramp to drive my cars right onto the main floor. Awesome.

6. im jelous you guys, cheapest house in vancouver right now is just under $500k, i am in a townhouse with underground parking. i work on my cars down there, the strata LOVES me. housing has gone insane here, all becuase of the 2010 olympics that are coming. I will have my own cigar factory one day! LOL>

7. tstclr

tstclr

Our hose was built in the late 1800s. We found a letter dated 1913 in the basement (hidden between the walls and foundation) from a silver mine looking for investors. The owner must've hid it from the wife (some things don't change!). And yes, the house is haunted. I'm not shitting you guys- things dissappear, we hear what sounds like glass or pottery breaking all the time (the latest incident sounded like our toothbrush holder being tossed into the bathroom sink- I though one of our cats was getting into trouble. I ran into the bathroom expecting a huge mess and nothing was out of place). My son witnessed our bedroom light come on by itself (he was a little pale after this happened!). It (they?) come and go in waves. It's been quiet lately. My wife had a psychic over to the house last year and he said we had a ghost of a woman who was "gratefull" we moved in. Apparently she didn't like the previous owners (lazy slobs) but loved the owners before them (they did the renovations). Anyone else got ghosts? Ghosts or no ghosts, you'd never catch me buying a new house..
    Todd

8. jdrew

jdrew

Here is my house, 1956 rambler. Nothing too special, typical cookie cutter box in a cookie cutter neighborhood.

What I was pleased to find however, my detached garage is sheathed in 1x tongue and groove from a old Great Northern Railway box car, more than likely from the 20's or 30's.

I discovered this last summer when I was putting in new windows and re-siding both buildings. Needless to say, due to the schedule, I recovered it when we did the siding. I would have liked to pull it all off and re-sheathed it in plywood...but the schedule and money prevented that from happening.

You folks have some really cool digs, I am jealous.

Attached Files:

9. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

10. Blitzmädl

Blitzmädl

We are living in a former hotel from 1923. We love 30´s and 40´s furniture and Artdeco Stuff.
    We even use our electric oven from 1940! All modern lightswitches were removed and black bakelite switches were installed. The only two things we can´t change are the TV Set and the Apple:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Gearhead-DK

Gearhead-DK

Wow.... Mike, it can't get more Danish than that.
    Right down to the furniture and the birchwood trees in the garden.

Only thing outside that really let me know it's in the US, is the grill/barbeque.

Really stunning!

Thomas

12. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

old houses are just as cool as old cars. i build these new p.o.s not a lot of love goes into these like the old ones. as long as you can save it from falling down rebuild don't crush it very nice houses to everyone

13. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Mid century modern for me. If not the architecture outside, then at least the furniture inside. Oh yeah next is my studio/ home tiki room.

14. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

tell me where i will bring beer and burgers.

15. flynstone

flynstone

just bought this one built in 1920 grants pass oregon

Attached Files:

16. Not my house, but I thought the car looked at home in front of these places.

This old rock building is a candy factory now.

Have a bunch of what-nots acquired for display with the car. But no good place to keep them.. Could use one of those neat and nifty houses shown earlier. Lived in a house built in 1900 for eight years. Had high ceilings, and large windows....cost a bit to heat.

Attached Files:

17. indyjps

indyjps

I grew up in a house built in 1870's, used to be a whore house/gambling establishment, there was a train depot a few blocks away. My dad gutted it completely and rebuilt from there. dont have any pics, the current owners vinyl sided it. I spent an entire summer with a bosch grinder on the old wood siding grinding down to good wood that would take paint. then painting it.

18. daign

daign
    from socal

I'm not sure if 1964 would pass but here it is my new project. Built in 1964 by Robert kennard. Currently restoring it to Mid Century modern and trying to be as period correct as possible.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. daign

daign
    from socal

Wow man. You've gone all out. Are those all vintage pieces of furniture or are some repros.

Love the collection of concept cars too.

20. bloodandwhisky

bloodandwhisky
    from DFW Texas

awesome thread fellas, keep it up. too bad i live in an apartment!

21. Roothawg

Roothawg

Wow.....is all I can say.

22. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Mid century patio cover that I am building for ladyshifter.
    [​IMG]

24. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

Not much to look at but a very unique history.
    It was a railroad section house built in the early 1900's.
    Around 1940 they had to move the tracks and the house was to be sold or wrecked.
    The section foreman bought it and moved it on a lowboy to the present location.
    It has been added on to but the original part is pretty much as it was when built.

Attached Files:

25. rt66jt

rt66jt
    from York, PA

More pics, please!

26. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

An old pic of our house:

[​IMG]

Vernacular-Greek Revival style, sidehall plan.
    The Vermont State Register of Historic Places and town tax rolls lists it as having been built some time between 1830 and 1850.

Cris

27. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Ladyshifters backyard.

[​IMG]

28. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Dammm Mark that fuckin RULES!!!

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Thanks Evel the valcano is a propane BBQ. Bruce's Tiki looks great there.

30. TEAMGrant

TEAMGrant

Some seriously awesome homes!