Register now to get rid of these ads!

would this look cool?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tr12, Apr 15, 2007.

1. tr12

tr12

a blue denim interior recycled jeans!
    im doing this in my 23 t bucket

2. Longbox55

Longbox55

Worked for AMC!

3. eric

eric

i dunno, but didn't a few Gremlin cars come from the factory with a Levi's interior???

4. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Didn't AMC have that already in some 70's Gremlins or something?
    I'd bet you could pull it off and make it cool in something like a bucket though!
    Go for it!!! ;)

Ahhhh...QUICK posters!!! Yeah LEVI'S interior...thats what it was. ;)

5. haring

haring

I'm all for recycling, and I guess it won't look any worse than a Mexican blanket, but will it look cool?

No.

6. john56h

john56h

As long as it's not "acid washed" or "pre-destressed"

7. eric

eric

only problem i see is the seams which are thick may get annoying and bother you after sitting on them after a period of time???

8. Longbox55

Longbox55

AMC had a Levi's interior option in the '70s for most of thier line up. I know it was an option on the Javelin, AMX, and Jeeps. It was also standard equipment on the late '70s Jeep Honcho. Not sure about the Gremlin, but it might be possible.

9. 6volt jolt

6volt jolt

I think there were Levi Jeeps in the late 70's.

10. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

In the 70's Hot Rod magazine campaigned a van with the Levi logo on it as well as an interior done in levi denim. If I remember correctly it was probably the koolest van of the period in a sea of vans. If it feels good to ya..........DO IT.

11. 34Chrysler

34Chrysler

There are couches covered with demin that feel pretty good to sit on. They dont look bad either. I would not use old jeans for the whole interior, maybe use some back pockets on the door panels.
    I think lots of things can be made to look cool if they are thought out and fabricated well.

12. LOWLIDX50

LOWLIDX50

As far as comfort. You could just ride around in your undies.

13. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

Last forever, yes. Cost effective, probably. Look cool,,, maybe if you are building a concept car for "The Gap". It's your car, do what you want, but I wouldn't do that in mine.

14. Longbox55

Longbox55

:eek: Watch out for the rivetts, they get hot on sunny days!!!:eek:

15. The first thing that comes to mind is thet van hot rod built called the denim machine. Not to cool as far as vans go, but i never saw the interior.

16. Quote"only problem i see is the seams which are thick may get annoying and bother you after sitting on them after a period of time???"

lol...Uhh, what about yor ass riding around in your jeans everyday?...doesn't bother mine...
    I think it would kick ass!.

Lemme know if ya do this, I am doing somthing similar with an m/c and working on something for Levi...but the jeans would have to be Levi...
    Send me a PM and I tell ya more..might be a day or so b4 I can get back to ya, but I will...I'm leaving out of town tonight...
    Chris~
    <!-- / message -->

17. hemi

hemi

You could do an Ol' Skool version by using ripped greasy material and bleach little wrench outlines in the pockets... make sure to have a little pocket for your grease rag/bandanna close by...

18. bones35

bones35

19. Fairlane Dave

Fairlane Dave

Short answer. No.

Longer answer. If you think it's cool, then who cares what other people think. It's your car, build it the way you want it to look!

20. i pulled the seats out of pro wrestler Jake "THE SNAKE" Roberts' old camaro z28. the interior was done out of hard rock cafe denim jackets and REAL python skins!! it looked terrible!! spend the dough on some nice material, you'll thank yourself.

21. Does this look cool?

[​IMG]

Dreadman did a nice tech piece on using canvas duck to upholster his Nash roadster. It cam out nice and it didn't need any sewing. take a look at how he did it and look at the clean results he got.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171371

The denim is your call, but I think a grey, tan, or green canvas duck (which is cotton like denim) will go better with the overall theme of a hot rod than blue jeans.

22. hemi

hemi

Uh.... yeah. It does... but then again, I LIKE Gremlins... :D

23. No kiddin, I think I still have a couple of rivet scars on my backside from those back in the day :mad:

it probably wouldn't look bad though.

24. wvenfield

wvenfield

I think if you had a roll of denim you could likely do a good job. Not a bunch of stitched seams.

Solid denim with white beading might get pulled off. I can only picture the sewed together jeans we had in the 70's as far as putting old jeans together and well........no, I don't think I would do that.