Register now to get rid of these ads!

dragster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48fordnut, Apr 14, 2007.

1. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Things are good in the house. I went to a nostalgia drag meet today, with my not running good fed, b/f:) uel. The mystries of hilborn mechanical injection were revealed. eng starts good now, and when you whack the throttle it hurts your ears, even with plugs. real crisp and revs fast. didn't run the car because of other issues. then when i get home my shirts are here. what a day.
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. Avg.Joe

Avg.Joe

Nostalgia drag meet.... Hurtin ears WITH ear plugs..... No pic's.... tease. come on.

3. What engine are you running? What specs on the engine? Drop a picture or two for us to checkout your FED.

4. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I wish i could do pics. I have some old ones that i have had on here before. the eng is a 14-1 ,302 chev on alky in a new, old style dragster. it has zoomie headers . i had ear plugs in and no helmet but it was loud. starting on the body next week after painting on the house. i am going to be at mo kan. in aug.

5. Please share some of your resolved mysteries with the mechanical injection - some photo's of the car would be nice as well! I am currently in process of building a 532 BBC with Hilborn mechanical injection for my 215" FED. Having never set up this type of fuel system - it's a struggle. I do have come pictures up of my FED in the forsale section, just do a search for Ducks32 and you should be able to find it.
    Ducky

6. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">There are a couple of books, that can get you going. just rember clean, clean. injection is worse than holleys about no trash, good filter and I use a cheap summit funnel that has a filter that can be cleaned in it. send me a pm about the problems.
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7. Thanks for your email, I have replied to that.

Ducky