Register now to get rid of these ads!

Original Club Plaques / Show your plaque!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by First On Race Day, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Whats up folks im trying to do research on old clubs from my town and so far i have only found two so i called the guy who had the plaques and he sold them all 6 years ago to some guy i can't find. Does anyone know who has a lot of California car club plaques. Im from Napa. Thats my situation but post some pics of your plaques and represent your c.c!!

2. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Obriens Truckers is all you need to know. I think they have something like 7000 original plaques to cast from.

3. Cword

Cword

4. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seems like there should have been a club there named:

[​IMG]

Here's mine.......

[​IMG]

5. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Here's my club Silhouettes we have members in California, Idaho, Arizona, Nevada, Ohio, West Virginia, & South Carolina.

Attached Files:

6. synthsis

synthsis

see my sig. small club from south jersey.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Change search title, and list club plaques trying to find. For club plaque postings there are plenty of threads to lookat already.
    Also, put ad in Wanted section.

8. Thanks InDaShop for the plug. Actually we have ~14,000 originals;)

Well I took a look and I have six original Chicago Metal Craft patterns with Napa on them (and according to Mapquest there's only one Napa in the USA). Still have those last ~2000 patterns to catalog so I might fins some more.

None of the 4100 Speed Gems patterns have Napa on them.

Dennis

Attached Files:

9. meanirishmofo

meanirishmofo
    from Hi

I'd like to recommend O'Briens Truckers also, Great to deal with.

10. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Looks like there were at least 8 different clubs from there. What were the two you already knew about?

Doesn't Les Femmes mean something like "The Girls" in French? Maybe that was a chick's club......

11. The two clubs i had heard about from my buddies dad were The Squires and the Coachmen but obviously there were more and a chicks club would be awesome! Ive been talking to a bunch of the old timers in town and they don't remember names or much for that matter but hey who's to blame em. Also a lot of the guys that would have know have gone to the big car show in the sky:( We just can't let it die thanks for all your in put guys!!

12. Well I put my thinking cap on and realized that I had kept all the "odd" shaped i.e. not rectangular plaques aside while I was cataloging the first 5100 Chicago Metal Craft plaques. Went and looked in that pile and there was the Squires pattern:

Dennis

Attached Files:

13. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

Here are four that I have. The Deacons plaque is from the 50's as is the Krankers. Black OTHG plaque is an original Aluminum from 73, while the Bronze is a later version.

Attached Files:

14. Muttley

Muttley

My dad's from the mid '60's.

[​IMG]

15. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Here's mine. Became a life member in the mid '60s.

[​IMG]

16. lost on 35w between mpls and desmoines 1985 my very very old night prowlers plaque..

17. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Here is mine on my 62

[​IMG]

B:DB