Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some old lady just ran a stop sign..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roadracer, Apr 13, 2007.

1. roadracer

roadracer

..and hit my 64 catalina convertible. This sucks. Cops says it's her fault - failing to yield - but even if she's paying it doesn't make getting replacement parts any easier. Funny, I've almost finished my 64 catalina wagon for the wife so I'll be driving that for a while.

I bet the adjuster says that they can't fix it and I'll have to take the time to buy/fetch a calif parts car or something :mad:

rant over :eek:

2. bummer dude! post some pic's of damage i would contact a pontiac restoration dude. better dig in for a good fight the insurance company doesn't care if it was the car you were conceived in unless you had classic auto coverage.

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

did you call her a nappy headed ho?

4. roadracer

roadracer

yeah, havent uploaded pics yet. it took out a fender, light, hood and pushed the door back. Still drives ok, so hopefully chassis damage was minor..

5. roadracer

roadracer

what? and get my ass fired? :eek:

6. Brian C

Brian C

Worse than gettin' fired you might get Rev Al visiting you.....:eek:

7. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Sorry ta hear 'bout your bent indian! I'd start building a war chest
    by collecting as many photos, value guide statements, Hemmings
    adds, and any other data related to hold up the value of your loss.
    Some, but not all insurance adjusters are as dumb as dog shit, when
    it comes to value on collectable vehicle losses.

Good luck with your claim,

Swankey Devils C.C.

8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Pontiacs of your year show up in the parts car section on ebay frequently and if they are more doors they dont bring much money. Jeff

9. Judd

Judd

Man I know what you're feelin, an old woman backed into the fiberglass front on my Comet two weeks ago. She was going to leave but it was at the boat races and 700 people with cameras that liked loud stuff like my comet were on her ass I got all kinds of shots of her car and mine! Can blue hair be nappy?

10. flathead okie

flathead okie

Damn, sorry 'bout the shit guy. I had a 64 Catalina 2 dr h/t in 1974-75, nice design, kickass motor 389 with 3 spd std on collum. Solid black with blue interior. Hope you get the parts you need.

11. hoof

hoof

I sat behind a blue hair at a T intersection for about an hour as she creeped out 6 inches at a time until finally getting up the nerve to go and pulling right out in front of a car coming past. If there hadn't have been a lane for him to swerve into it would have been ugly!!!

Sorry to hear that this one actually got you.

CHAZ

12. chumly2071

chumly2071

Dad had this happen to his '40 Ford moredoor last year. stupid @##$#$@$%$%$# chick ran a grand cherokee into the back of it while he was turning left into a parking lot, pushed it up over the curb and into a pole, so it got both ends... did $13k damage. If the adjuster tells you to try and source your own parts to help him estimate the repair cost, keep tabs on your time, and get reimbursed for it. the time Dad spent could not be used for running his business, so he got reimbursed for it... hope you come out ok on the deal...

Dad's big thing was he had an original untouched driver that he loved, now it has had to have a lot of work done (right rear 1/4 had to be sourced and swapped) and several parts replaced to make it right, and to him it is no longer original... I convinced him to take a portion of the money right away and get another car to play with while he fixed the '40, and he ended up with a sweet deal on a '41 moredoor. the '40 has been painted, and is awaiting some tlc to put it back together again. again, hope you come out ok on getting your ride fixed.

13. Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

Sorry about your car, roadracer. Fight the good fight with her insurance company... be smart, firm and persistant and you can make it work. It's a frustrating deal though.

14. threaten to kick the adjuster so hard in the nuts his feet will come off the ground

15. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

there is a old lady (80's probably) that blows stop signs runs into intersections with out slowing down at all...she scares the hell out of me.

sorry to hear about your car. at least you were not hurt...hopefully you can get it fixed.

16. Ahhh Christ! Beer just came out my nose. Is that normal?

17. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Typically, should they attempt to total it, the registered owner - in most cases - has the first option of buying it back from the ins company. You will probably get an insurance note for on the VIN#, but the title should stay the same and not go to salvage or anything like that. At least that is how it is typically done here in Oklahoma.

Sorry to hear about this though. Just dont get nailed in the keester by the ins adjuster!

18. lexistars

lexistars
    from Fontana

wow that sucks! I am sorry

19. OMG!

That's funny

20. chopped

chopped

Give the Ins. co a chance before you start jumping them. When I hit a deer it turned out fine. They sent a guy out who said" whats it going to take". He and I wrote the estimate.

21. Like pimpin paint said,get all the info you can to back up your claims s far as the valus part goes and if possible if you havent alraedy,start pricing the stuff you need to fix it so that that way the estimator can see what it will cost just incase he is ignorant to old cars like a lot of them are.

22. Bazooka

Bazooka

This has always been my worst fear. Somebody running into my baby...Oh man

23. old beet

old beet

Lady in a Subaru ran into the rear of our 49 Merc. Put a large dent in the deck lid. Took to a friend for estimate..$2400. State Farm said have it fixed, told them I would do it myself. I setteled for $1600. Glad I haden't put my GOOD deck lid on yet!!............OLDBEET

24. Cadien

Cadien

I got rear ended by an old man two years ago in my 51 Tudor. He hit me once and then slammed the accelorator and hit me again. said he thought he was hittin the brakes. I got outta my car all pissed off and walk around ready to give somebody an ass chewing and find a little old man who can barely walk complaining about how his "Big SHoes" musta made him do it. How Do These Farts Stay on THe ROAD.
    ANyway, I've got state farm and they set me straight. In my case, I went to a garage/body shop owned by a guy in a local car club who knows his shit. Got a good estimate from him, then sourced out all the parts myself and when the adjuster came, he cut me a check for $5000 with no questions. Exactly what I paid for the car 5 years before.
    Make sure you get your bodywork estimates from somebody who knows old cars and whats involved. Alot of the bodyshops now are just parts swappers.
    Here is a link to some photos. I parked it after the smash up and just now started back to working on it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/catfishfiddle/shopphotos

25. muthaswurry

muthaswurry
    from uk

Bummer James, and i was just admiring the photos

26. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

My wife is 54 years old and because of her various illnesses she has reaction times of an 80 year old. This week she ran into three cars in a parking lot. Our insurance said she had to give up her license or they would no longer cover my cars. She gave up her license. It sucks but I have been telling her this for three years now and her doctor also recommended it but he wasn't willing to order it and I wasn't willing to "rat" on her to the state. Sad to say, it took this incident for something to happen. Not trying to change the direction of the discussion here but now I see the other side of these incidents. We as Americans value our personal freedoms and priveliges so much they get blurred. Driving isn't a guaranteed freedom and right, it is a privelege. Thankfully nobody was hurt in this case or in my wife's case.

27. roadracer

roadracer

oldsguy, that sucks. I better still be driving when I'm 54.