Register now to get rid of these ads!

My trip to Viva in a 53 Cadillac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by baggedmitsu, Apr 11, 2007.

1. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

RIGHT ON BRO, THANK'S FOR THE TRIP.....:cool:

RAFA.

2. I tell you man,Im so jealous of you,Ive been looking for a 2 door caddy for a while and if i could find the picture perfect one of what i want,yours is it.

3. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your Caddy rocks and so do your pics! I did just about the same route to last years VLV and your pics brought lots of great memories back! Thanks for that!
    Chris

4. You guys suck:) Looks like you had a great trip with your Mrs., buds, and your Caddy. Makes me wish I went even more.

5. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

thanks a lot for posting the pics. to me, a drive through a quiet desert on a sunny day (or warm, clear night) is what it's all about.... i love it and the Caddy.

-scott noteboom

6. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

thanks alot.

If i can manage to make my way to Paso im going to cruise the coast and take more pictures. One thing is certain though, that car is stuck in the garage until i fix those damn seats. then maybe it will see the road again. My buddy told me today if i can afford the material hell wrap em for me soon. well see.

7. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Looks like fun, I'm jealous!

8. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Very kool..we are workin on my buddy`s 54 Cad 2 dr HT..
    we have used your pics as insperation..

9. 52RustRocket

52RustRocket

I've got to know the details on your suspension mods. I'm trying to make a decision on how to slam my '52.

10. ~Diablo~

~Diablo~

gotta love those road trips

11. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

I'll post pics of my 53 Caddy Coupe in a few weeks when the suspension and engine is finished. I went with Jamco 3" drop springs up front and Jamco 3" dropped rear leaf springs.

baggedmitsu is using airbags all the way around, which obviously will be lower. I wish I was out west, I'd love to put ours side-by-side to compare the differences.

12. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

the air ride on my car was done at bio kustumz out of hemet california. Its nothed in the rear and three linked, the floor was raised for driveshaft clearance but you cant eve tell. the lower front arm was pie cut, im running stock upper arms and spindles. One five gallon tank, two viair compressors and 3/8 line and valves. four switches, ust individual corners. smooth ride.

13. Sir X Loin

Sir X Loin

Very jelious man. awesome country. thats what it abouts. my fav shot. the shot where "ur safe from on coming traffic. thats one of the reasons 66 is the mother road. awesome. trade ya for the snow we are getting tomorrow?

14. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Great pictures. Next year to VLV for me......

15. lexistars

lexistars
    from Fontana

awesome pictures

16. d_ciobotaru

d_ciobotaru
    from ri

wow i was stationed at 29 palms and remember those vegas trips , stopping at roys and eating at the diner. we used to try to shoot the cow crossing sign at the oasis as we were flying by with my buddy's desert eagle. thanks for the pics

17. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Man I really enjoyed your story and the pictures are soooo cool...Thanks
    Talking about nasty interior, my bro-in-law driving his '53 Buick to the WCK Los Banos Run. We stopped at the James Dean monument for a cold drink and when he got out of his car he looked like somebody had dumped a box of pepper on him, no head liner and his seats were probably like your Caddy's didn't take long to get a new interior!

18. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

im going to try and buy some material this week for the car. either that or its staying parked. ha ha.

19. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

i just saw this post..good pics.

20. BadLuck

BadLuck

I've always wanted to do a trip like that... Great story, great pics,bitchen caddy.....thanks for sharing...

21. Thanks for the wonderful pics,i feel like i just went on the trip.Talk about middle of nowhere,oncoming traffic haha.

22. Mart

Mart

Enjoyed the story. thanks for persevering with the pics.
    Mart.

23. Ol' Drippy

Ol' Drippy

Great pictures, I drove by Roy's a couple of years ago when I drove accross the country. When I was there, there were these newspaper articles posted up on the windows about a guy who bought and was going to open it up again. Did it look like anybody had worked on it at all? Nice car by the way.