Register now to get rid of these ads!

Swap meat -Kansas City-

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VAPHEAD, Apr 11, 2007.

1. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

Who can I expect to see?
    Me and AAsedan are going.
    I'll bring beef,will trade for pork.
    But I'm hiding the salami.

2. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

Ok so it wasn't funny.
    Is there a prefered motel nearby?

(I promise to never make a meat related joke again)

3. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Stay away from I-70..........your best bet would be Shawnee, Kansas.....@ I-435 and Shawnee Mission Parkway.........it is a straight shot north to the swapmeet. I can check with a buddy for the exact motels in the area. Make sure you get there on Friday for set-up and looking with a flashlight on Saturday.......oh yea, pack with warm clothes.......and rain gear, the weather man is predicting storms from ColoRODo.

Chris Nelson

I will PM you my cell number if you get lost or need anything.

4. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Make sure theres a Village Inn near by.....Andy likes pancakes!
    Have fun!

5. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Oh-yea, just one more thing.......If it smells like tuna and taste like chicken - BUY IT !!!!!

6. I'll be there. I'm looking for '40 ford complete front suspension & a couple of front & rear crossmembers. Carl Hagan oh....just heard this morning on the news that we are to expect snow. Hope it's still a good turnout. I'll be going both Saturday & Sunday. It's not open on Friday at all, right?? Does anyone know the date for the next ararat swap at the end of summer??

7. nate will be there! This is my first time, but I hear it's fun.

8. Anybody got a link for the swapmeet???

9. warbozz

warbozz

I've got my space pre-registered, and I'm finishing up some flathead stuff, Holley 94's etc. in my vibratory finisher. I've still got to get together some more spark plug key chains and figure out which other stuff to take. The wet weather will probably influence what goes to some extent. I'll post my space number once I get in tomorrow afternoon for setup.

10. Donot stay in Wyandot County.

Criuise south on 435 to Overland park say somewhere near to Metcalf and look for a spot.

I probably got room here for ya but its clear across town. never the less its an option.

11. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yeah, the cedar rapids swap then also, but with snow, sleet, rain and wind at 30, i think imma sit it out! stupid weather!:(

12. I s this a big swapmeet??? Would this be worth draggin a bunch of stuff 500miles to sell this weekend...

13. raven

raven

I'll be there with the knucklebusters wondering around like zombies.
    Check you PM's.
    r

14. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

College blvd.
    Hilton Garden Inn.
    Is that the area we should stay?

15. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I'll be there. If anyone finds a match set of 53 missouri car plates... yell real loud ;) (nine13)636-7seven79

thanks,
    David

16. yes

17. 97flatrat

97flatrat

Actually staying by the race track in the Village West development would be very nice. There are lots of really good restaurants and it’s just one exit away from the meet.

http://www.villagewest.us/
    <O:p></O:p>
    <O:pThere also the Courtyard by Marriott and the Hampton Inn , both on Midland Drive in Shawnee that are very nice and are also very close.
    </O:p

Damn it's going to be cold!:mad:

I have spot A-0505 if anyone wants a V12 flathead!:D

18. It snowed the last swap meet I went to ,but that was in the middle of winter:p
    I really need parts, so rain or shine or snow I'm going.
    Might have Oldsguy with me. See you all Saturday morning.
    Mick

19. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Hey porknbeaner,Do you think they'll have any of those whellrims there?

20. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

Will be at the Marriott on Metcalf
    fri-sat night.
    be sure to say hello to the geeks from Colorado.
    eric

21. warbozz

warbozz

My space is, C 921. It's sort of middleish of the parking lot it appears, and no real good landmarks to describe it by. I'll have my '64 Falcon wagon in the spot, and my H.A.M.B. Alliance tag is in the rear passenger side window. I'll see if i can get some kind of a HAMB related sign printed up tonight as well. It was mighty chilly out there in the rain this afternoon. I'm hoping everything stays put during the night :cool:. See you all bright and early!

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

C706........and it was wet tonight.........and I met "VAPHEAD" and he is two rows over toward the west.........oh yea, get there early.....I saw a 28 roadster for $750 and a 34' Sedan 2 door right hand drive and I heard it was cheap........brrrrrr.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

23. warbozz

warbozz

Good first day of sales... I have to reload the $1.00 table. :D If you didn't make it today, the weather for Sunday sounds fantastic. Come to spot C 921, and bring cash!

24. Ok I was there a few hours and the only ones i saw were war bozz and rigid_bobber. R_B brought me some roll around tires down from NE for a project BTW he's alright and doesn't look nearly as young as his avitar.

I probably wouldn't have found Mr Bozz if Mrs Beaner hadn't seen him and told me where he was.

I did see quite a few 600.00+ rebuilder mills for yuz guys who always want to know what something is worth and met a guy from IA that's got a bunch of flatty parts (includeing a long stroke merc motor). I got his card if your interested.;)

It was a good day didn't spend much.

25. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

dammit danny! if id known you were givin out dollars, id drove down and filled my trunk!:( ;)

26. KCsledz

KCsledz

Crap! Missing it again!

27. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I got rid of the A Sedan by 8:05.......and had her delivered to the next builder by 10am.....then back to the swap to buy stuff.........I will try to get out there on Sunday.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

28. I had fun, my buddy got a bunch of stuff.. I would have but i didn't bring enough cash.. next time