Register now to get rid of these ads!

NSRA Nats OKC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yo Baby, Apr 11, 2007.

1. toad32

toad32

Eric, easy on my Chuck House secret...... See you guys there this weekend. I will be in the House of Kolor booth all weekend doing my traveling show and dance. Stop by and say "HEY" and I will give the nickel tour.

Carter
    aka Toad32 but I really got a 36

2. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Sat.

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

Supposed to get 1.5" of rain on Friday, But supposed to be gone by Sat. early.

4. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

They took out the b-52 for expansion reasons about 6 months ago. I'm not sure if the other planes fell to the same fate to. I thought the planes where way cool.

5. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

The planes were blocking expansion and upgrade. It was quite a scene when the B-52 came down. It is now in the Palmdale, California airpark I believe. The Russians have been notified (per Salt agreement). ;)

6. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Ezpansion and upgrade huh.
    Man they've got the lions share of an entire square mile.LOL
    Bringing down and movin' 'em must have cost the taxpayers a pretty penny.
    I guess that's progress for ya.:(

7. bradslowmodela

bradslowmodela

CHECK THIS OUT. me and my crew are having a big get together sat. night in the parking lot at the hampton inn. anyone is welcome.

8. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

the fair grounds will be 100 percent horse shit within another 5 yrs. that is why the monorail is gone as well as the planes and even changing the street names. meridian ave where we used to cruise is now all torn up and cant be driven on so that wont be a problem . This town just hates car guys i guess.........

9. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel
    from Lavon, Tx

I've been going for the last twelve years or so, and been a little more disappointed each year. The cars and people are nice, but I sure do miss bein able to park on the grass under a tree! If Meridian is torn to sh*t where the hell are people going to cruise? The cruises are my favorite part and I'd hate to miss it!

10. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

I went to Meridian a couple of years ago and watched for a couple of hours and that's about how many Hot Rods I saw too.
    Meridian used to be wall to wall cars. I guess the powers that be have managed to screw up another good thing.:(

11. Roothawg

Roothawg

Metro tech has a couple of the airplanes laying out in the front lawn. I guess they are planning a static display as well.

12. Hotrod F-1

Hotrod F-1
    from OK

There isn't anything going on (That I know of) so you might have a few people drop in. Just curious, what time?

I'm surprised the show has been here as long as it has been. I'm glad it's still here though.

I haven't been down to Meridian in probably ten years, but it seems like most of the problem are the locals who don't know how to behave. I wish they would get something going again, it gets kind of boring going home at the end of the day.

13. Roothawg

Roothawg

Honestly I hope Tulsa gets the show. There have been rumors of that for years.

14. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

So Root are you coming?

15. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel
    from Lavon, Tx

I seem to remember That Association pushing to get cars and people over to somewhere called the Brickyard (I think) for saturday night. My dad really wants to see it this year. Has anyone ever gone to this? I doubt I'll see too many non street rods, but it's still better than watching a punk kid cruising his beat up farm truck with the bass all the way up.

16. Hotrod F-1

Hotrod F-1
    from OK

I forgot about the Bricktown thing they do. I've been to Bricktown, but never during the show. I think it's kind of neat place. There are plenty of restaurants and things to see. If I remember reading correctly, the city provides a place for everyone to park the car at while they walk around. I could be wrong, but I think it's in last months StreetScene.

The grass sure was nice, when they used to have it out there. I put a lot of miles on my Hotwheels out there.:D

17. I live just north of OKC. I probably won't be going to the event. However, I've been here seven years and have never heard of any trouble at or during the event.

Just like any other town we have our problems and problem areas. I'd stay away from south of the city at night.

Downtown, the Brick Yard is safe and has an over abundance of police during the evening. You can get as hammered as you want, just don't drive or cause trouble. North of the city on Claussen is the Asian enclave, some of the best asian dinning in the world in very non-descript settings.

For Mexican, I'd go with Abuelos downtown, however, just about anywhere will get you a good meal at a reasonable price. Stay away from the Italian place downtown, I think it's poor fare at any price.

Here's a couple links;

http://www.okccvb.org/

Non car related but worth the trip

The finest American museum anywhere;
    http://www.nationalcowboymuseum.org/

These guys liberated Dachau;
    http://www.45thdivisionmuseum.com/

18. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yo Baby, I have to go to Cordell this weekend. I doubt I can make it.

19. Tulsa would be kewl. with all the art-deco architecture....
    we took the boy to the monster trucks about a month or two ago and what remained of the planes were on the ground, being dismantled for transport.
    After last year's cruise (school boys persuading school girls to expose themselves) my wife isn't too keen on hangin out on meridian. and yes, it is the local morons that make it a problem. I wish the ocpd would limit traffic better. If I had a say, you only get to cruise if you have a car worth cruising. otherwise, park and walk in. then again, meridian is where most all the clubs, bars and hotels are... party people go to party places.
    ooooh. they oughta move the cruise down to deep deuce north of bricktown!!!! limiting access there too... but amidst the historic buildings.
    Bricktown is a good place to go. parking is always an issue though. If I were bringing a $30k rod, I'd pay to park. but the wife's people mover gets parked for free at the theater or bass pro.

20. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

and what is wrong with the south side of town?????????

21. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

well weather is gonna Suck so I am not going to go fight the swap meet mud hole this year...looks like a rain out tomorrow and half of sat and cold as well.... I may go out to the buildings and see the vendors ie toad 32 .......Ill keep my eyes peeled for whomever...:cool:

22. pecker head

pecker head

I agree , for the last 5 years the cruise sucked more & more every year .I always stayed at the Howard Johnson"s next to the out back .Behind the Out back is a bikerbar HarleyCharley'S that's a COOL place , LIVE BAND outside !

23. 51moredoor

51moredoor
    from oklahoma

Ill be there some time Sat not sure were is the swap meet inside or Out any one know ?

24. BobbyV

BobbyV
    from Tulsa

My Son and I are heading out of Tulsa Sat morning. We'll be at Tally's on 11th and Yale for a 'killer breakfast' at 8am if anybody is in the neighborhood (no I'm not buying! LOL) My 60 PU is having carb issues, so it won't be making the trip.:mad: Do we have another place to meet besides the swap meet area at noon? I'm a newbie and wouldn't mind meeting some HAMBers in person.

I'd love to see it in Tulsa too. Man, they have redone Expo Square including knocking down the old horse barns etc and building all new structures. Anyone know who makes that kind of decision?:confused:

Robert

25. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

It's outside and it looks like Sam has bailed on account of possible weather issues.LOL

26. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

If you want a place to meet we will bring the tent and set it up next to the truck. Im still up for noon on sat. But if you want to drop by anytime this weekend your all welcome to come in out of the rain or snow and have a beer or whatever we have in the cooler. We usually park in the airplane parking lot next to the loading ramp.
    Pooch

27. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

If we have to park in a different spot just look for this truck.

Attached Files:

28. South of the city has seen some gang related problems.

29. BobbyV

BobbyV
    from Tulsa

We'll keep an eye out. Anybody else?

30. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

I'm still planning on Sat. and some chuck house although the major reason I was coming is givin' me fits at the moment.LOL