Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thanks To All Who Attended Vlv 2007 ~ My Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Apr 10, 2007.

1. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks to all who attended VLV this year and brought out the serious machines!

Yep, there were a small handful of crap cars that snuck in when i wasn't at the gate but they were truly overun by all of the quality that has been showing up the past few years.Despite what a couple of threads have shown it seems like the cars are actually improving.

A big thanks to all the boys who came down from Canada, Seattle,New York,New Hampshire,Conneticut,Indy, and everywhere else i havent mentioned.

There were well over one thousand cars in attendance and an overflow of cars at the old car show location!

Been busting ass building my latest creation....a 36 Ford 3 window coupe.... didn't get it running in time but brought it out to Vegas anyway. I'll have Limey,Ollin, or Johnnie Walker post my pics on here ASAP.

The bands & DJ's kicked ass this year for those of you who are in to real music.
    James Intveld literally tore the place to pieces! The doo wop legends were great, The burlesque show was fun and so was the Tiki pool party.
    The Space Cadets,Restless, Red Hot & Blue were great too!

Also, A big thanks to Tom Hensley for bringing out the WORLDS FASTEST INDIAN, Vic Young for bringing out his A/GAS Willy's "BAD NEWS",KIWI INDIAN for bringing out his stuff, & Alex from the Road Zombies for donating two trophies !

My pictures coming real soon!

Thanks again guys!
    Axle & the rest of the SHIFTERS

2. OLLIN

OLLIN

here ya go..
    [​IMG]

3. 49 Fastback

49 Fastback
    from Ohio

Axle,
    From everything I've heard, you all put on a great show as always. A big thanks to you and the hard-working crew you have to put on such an event.

Tucker

4. Muttley

Muttley

That's one tasty looking Three Window.

5. Once again we had a fantastic time at Viva. Our '36 won the best custom at the car show. Thanks to the Shifters and Axle!!...the shifter trophy was one of the best I have seen. It will have a prime spot in our shop. Time to start the countdown to next year!

6. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

Thanks Axle, it was a fun drive in from Denver and a great time at the show, we'll see you next year for sure (hopefully no beer bottles on my car next year)

7. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks guys. Ollin will be posting my pics on here real soon.
    C'mon Ollin....where are ya?

8. duecevw

duecevw
    from oc calif

Hey axle thanks for all your hard work with vlv and shows in riverside are great to. Duecevw PS finally working on the 32 5 window you came and looked at in Huntington Beach, Danny

9. The show was great, every time I saw Axle he was on the go. NO REST FOR THE WICKED MY FRIEND !

We had a great time seeing everyone who we only seem to see at VLV. Spent an evening out in the lot visiting with Tom & Naomi from Indy. The road trip from Colorado with my fellow Lonely Knights was excellent (10 people, 5 cars) and as a group we had a wonderful time. Already talking about next years run.

Will get some pics up soon.........Johnnie.

10. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Dude you rock man. GNRS, then your riverside gig, then Viva? how do you expect to get your project rolling when all you do is party?:D
    On a serious note, I appreciate everything you put together bro. It is always fun times with Kool cars and Kool people. Keep em comin..Peace.

11. Here's Axle in Burt Munro's Indian

Attached Files:

12. I took my son and the 6 year old grandson. They had a blast. I bought the little guy his first RATFINK shirt. He slept in it that night and wore it the next day. Thanks for all your hard work pulling this together. It turned out great!

T

13. OLLIN

OLLIN

PIX PLEASE!! I didn't get to see it...

alex, still waiting for those pix?

14. OLLIN

OLLIN

at the shifter's booth..
    [​IMG]

15. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

Can't say enough to the shifters and axle for a great show. Thanks again for the award of best hotrod. It is nice to see two Pacific NW boys win at the show. This is why our show is so succesful here is tacoma (Hotrodarama). Always workin hard on our cars up here. """"It rains a lot""""" Any way thanks to everybody for the great compliments on the cars and will try to have two more cars ready for next year. Thanks
    Steve

16. Been said before, but I'm adding to the list....

Thanks again to Axle & ALL the Shifters members who helped make the show what it is.

See you next year :cool:

17. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

man I commend you for putting such a big show every year..and now GNRS
    show you are a busy man,,,,,

Looks like there was a decent turn out of cool cars,,,some not so cool..but what can you do..Congrats to you and the shifters for another VLV in the can..

18. OLLIN

OLLIN

ok here's some of axle's shots: (modem buster!!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. OLLIN

OLLIN

More...........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. OLLIN

OLLIN

last bunch..for now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks Ollin !

Good times dude....good times.

Wish we were back at the room with the gang,drinkin,makin fun of each other,and drinkin some more !

22. do you have more pictures of the mexican blanket flaked roof???

xoxox
    miss hootch

23. My first time to VLV. Thanks Axel the show was great! James Intveld really rocked the showroom!!

24. krupanut

krupanut

Big time thumbs up to Axle and the Shifters!!
    Very impressive show!

Sorry I didn't find ya on Saturday Axle.
    your 3-window is a gonna be a killer!

Thanks for the great show bro.

25. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Sorry, I only took one picture. I walked by the car with the mexican blanket candy roof and it stopped me on my tracks. It was truly a clever idea.
    I have been a part time painter for over 20 years and havent dabbled with a lot of candy but that was very inspiring.

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics i took. When i had 5 minutes to spare i walked around thursday mid day and took these pics.

It is my humble opinion that James Intveld was by far the best live act at Vegas this year! He not only commanded everyones attention, but his vocals were unbeatable,His stage presence was awesome,His band ( which consisted of members of Dwight Yokam & The Mavericks bands) rocked the house,All of the songs he chose Saturday night were superb!
    I have attended every single VLV and i can honestly tell ya that the Showroom has NEVER had so many people jammed in to that room!

It took a long time for Mr. Intveld to play VLV but better late than never !

Axle

26. Axle,

A huge thanks for all your, and the rest of the Shifters efforts ! We look forward to the trip all year long. Obviously judging from this photo set, there was some great quality cars in attendance this year. See ya next time !

Johnnie.

27. That was our '36 that won along with the green Model A that Jonah built for our friend Tony.

28. alaskanroadzombies

alaskanroadzombies

Hey Axle. wife and i are from alaska and was our first time there. defiantely will be back and hopefully with my 32. thanks to alex from the road zombies/ gambino customs for taking the time to talk with me. was amazing. thanks again

29. Bull

Bull

Anyone got any pics of that green Model A??

30. This is all I have got. I didn't catch a good shot before it left our shop. Whoops!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]