Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is it worth it to get whats left of this model a??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ajsyrup, Apr 6, 2007.

1. flathead okie

flathead okie

SOME people's kids...I just don't know how they make it in the world....

2. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

Mmm.. tittles. Sorry. Couldn't resist!

Jonny

3. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Jesus...what else are you going to buy with the money? A dozen DVD's? Wouldn't you rather have...well I would totally be on that car if it was around here, haha.

4. ajsyrup

ajsyrup
    from Reading PA

probably going to start going to get all of it this week

5. Short Bull

Short Bull

Here's another Doodle bug... I was hoping Dave might hop on it for a lawn mower or something. I dont think it has any tittles though...none that I could see....neat lil thing though.
    [​IMG]

6. haring

haring

$100?

Seriously, dood ... do you have to ask?

And $50 for the sign? That sign could easily fetch $300 around here.

7. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Sorry guys but I don't see it. This guy says that he's never built a hot rod like this before...and I think he's wasting his time/money. Ask yourself, what am I going to do with it? From the descriptions and the photos, there's not much left. If you want to get a car, get one that runs and modify it to your needs. You'll be happier and driving it in a matter of days. If you fool yourself into thinking your going to make a beautiful hot rod out of this, let me burst your bubble and save you a lot of time and money. I bought my A, for the most part, complete. The only thing stock about it now is the two frame rails and the rear crossmember and body, of course. I quit counting the $$$ at about $10,000. Again, I quit counting, not spending. I figure it's about 3/4 way done. Yeah, there are guys that can make this happen but they have years and years of experience and tons of old parts, money, and time laying around. If it was free, I might take it. He should be paying you to haul off his crap. The other question you need to ask yourself: if it's such a good deal, how come its still sitting there?

8. ajsyrup

ajsyrup
    from Reading PA

i have built cars in the past and i know what it takes to build something from the ground up i just dont know to much about early fords and such. i think what is going to end up happening is i may keep a few parts to use in the future and sell or trade off the rest depending on what everything turns out to be. i know the extent of builing a car that starts from this state and i am not sure if its something i want to do. either way my plans are to go get the stuff based on travel time and cost i should be less then 200 bucks.

9. haring

haring

I would part it out and sell off most of the pieces.

I've done it before and it helped financed the parts that I can actually use.

If I go get that doodlebug, I'll turn it into $400 profit within two weeks.

But that's just me.

10. ajsyrup

ajsyrup
    from Reading PA

thats my current plan for it

11. hmmmm so apparently
    3/4 tank of gas and 100-200 bucks for roadtrip weekend of fun
    and then ya get to keep stuff after..
    A doodle bug .. exrta A parts ..a neat ol sign...
    STORY OF WHAT ELSE WE FOUND AFTER HANGIN OUT THERE...
    WHITE KNUCKLIN TRIP HOME OVERLOADED....
    pics to share here
    no brainer
    you have a truck and trailer !... why have em ifn you don't use em

money spent hurts way less than the lost oppertunities..

i guess some folk HERE would need the $ to eat and drink in a bar all weekend in stead and then gripe about high prices of cars on ebay!

old tin is not gonna get easier to find or be in any better shape...
    heck look at cars that are only 10 years old ....

now if you are unsure of the place to store it all or what the family will say
    thats a whole nother thing

call your gang of buddies bringa extra truck ?and you'll have this pilostuff home in no time...
    go now
    paperdog
    ps. ask how much he will pay you to take the other scrap metal and junk... be creative

12. ajsyrup

ajsyrup
    from Reading PA

well picked up the first load of stuff mostly trans and suspension i couldnt get the motors into the truck last night so going on wed to get those and saving the car for a weekend as per the owner of it

pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there is still like i said the car in the pictures at the begining of the thread and about 4 flathead motors in varios states

13. 100.00!!?? Color me gone with the lot of it for 100.00. I'd beg for the sign back there too. Nice.

14. ajsyrup

ajsyrup
    from Reading PA

anyone need anything? :D

or know what some of it is?

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

PM me with a price on the oil pan in the pickup bed.

16. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Looks like three Model A axles, spindles, and bones. Transmissions, bellhousings, and pedals. Are the flatheads 4, 6, or 8 cylinder? A V8 flathead would be nice. If nothing else, you could mount the cowling on your garage wall and put shelves in it. You could even add a firewall in the form of doors. That'd be cool and you could easily made $100 bucks off it. Keep it coming.

17. ajsyrup

ajsyrup
    from Reading PA

not sure what the motors were i didnt look to hard at them will let u know wed when i go pick them up

would be a cool idea to make a cabinet out of the cowl i may actually try that :D

18. haring

haring

GOOD SCORE!

Looks like you've got lots of useable stuff there ... rusty, but definitely useable.

Someone can definitely use the wishbones (good for split 'bones).

19. ajsyrup

ajsyrup
    from Reading PA

2nd trip was only un able to dig up 3 of the 5 motors that are there they a buried a bit under some brick and firewood and such going to take some work to get them out going to go back in a few weeks to get the car i will bring some shovels and get the rest of the motors then

pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

got the sign

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more motors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. see ain't it fun crushing toes getting rusty cuts and trying figure out where it all will go ....

glad you got the sign
    it will always help tell the story of this
    rust haulin adventure
    post some stuff on the for sale site here and ... your gas money refunded from the trip

21. haring

haring

In addition to all the other stuff, that sign was a nice find.

22. ajsyrup

ajsyrup
    from Reading PA

may already have the sign sold to cover the gas money lol

23. ajsyrup

ajsyrup
    from Reading PA

going this weekend to pick up the rest of it (doodle bug cowl and chassis) started to break it down and sell off what i dont need so if anyone sees anything they need let me know prices are reasonable