Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone deal with Stockton Wheel?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ...doc..., Apr 9, 2007.

1. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

I have,.... and what a bunch of fucking crooks and liars.
    Missed shipdates, empty promises, and unmentioned charges.
    I ordered my wheels a couple of weeks before the round-up, with the word of Frank saying I would PROBABLY have them in time.
    Probably was acceptable as I had a set up back up wheels. A couple days later, someone from their company called and asked me what my name was. I told him, and he said that my order has now been placed He said my wheels were going to powder coat that day. They already had my credit card number and shipping address, and gave me an order number. I am not sure why they needed my name, but maybe their system works on names, and not the order number they provided.
    I called 3 days later and asked status, and they said my wheel were out at powder coat, and would ship in three days via UPS ground. After a yelling match where Frank called me a liar, when we argued how long my order was in house, and how they wouldn't ship the wheels sooner, even though they screwed up my order twice, dalaying it. Also, the price Frank quoted me was almost double of what was charged to my credit card. He pretty much said he would do his very best and ship me my wheels as fast as possible. When I called today, to get status, they said they were going out for powder coat. this week, and that they haven't gone to powdercoat because they were waiting on a "part". At this point the whole thing seems funny, and it is just another example of people saying one thing, and doing the other.
    Now I won't get a refund, because my back wheels have special backspacing, so I just get to sit and wait.

2. Just curious- are these folk's alliance members? -Betruger-

3. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Special order or not, call your credit card company- you were not treated right- period.

4. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

I did once...

Never again.

5. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Who? Stockton Wheel?? No. But We here at Rally America are. We make wheels.
    Jimmy

6. fatabone

fatabone

Waited six months and no wheels! Got the same promises and was told they already shipped but all we ended up with was a refund.

7. phat rat

phat rat

I wouldn't buy wheels for a kids wagon from Stockton. Was forced to deal with them once. I needed some 16" 8 bolt steel with special backspacing and no one else does them, at least not in 99. Wheels came and I complained about the offset not being what I ordered. Was told to send them back and they would make it right. I set them back and when they came back to me they were the same they hadn't touched them. I called and was told that they were fine because 1/8th plus/minus was the tolerance and I was doing something wrong on my build if that wasn't close enough. Funny how when I buy wheels from Early Wheel the backspacing is deadnuts on what I order.

8. Retrorod

Retrorod

I needed two wheels last year, I ordered them in January......had to drive to Viva in April on some "spares" I had out in the shed. Finally got the wheels in May last year after a zillion phone calls.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I've never had a good experience with Stockton...

10. Shane T.

Shane T.

Damn when the man says so.......

11. 49 Fastback

49 Fastback
    from Ohio

Do a search, anyone looking at buying wheels from these guys. Their...customer disservice?...is legend.

Tucker

12. Clark

Clark

I'm suprised they are still in business. Cancel your order and sick your credit card company on them. I had to. After months of promises they finally said they had no clue when my wheels would be done. Can you imagine being told they have no clue when the wheels would be done. Of coarse they took the money when I placed the order.
    Clark

13. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

man, I always use wheelsmith... they are owned & operated by hotrodders & make their shit in house...

14. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Same here.
    Years ago I bought my www from them for my Merc and the white walls started cracking real soon after. I had a bitch of a time trying to get replacements . The shallow promises from them never end.
    A piture of my Merc has been on their website for year in spite of my numerous requests to remove it because of my dissatisfaction.

Stay away from them!!

15. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

wow, I wish I had axed you guys before I placed my order.
    I will cancel the credit card order, and deal with Rally America, heard good things here.

and when the Ryan says they suck, ....wow, that's big.

16. Jeff J

Jeff J

I've used them when I was in business, Always had a problem !! Went to Wheel Vintiques in Fresno Ca. Mike treats ya right ,they make them for a lot of companys!!

17. swanwaco32

swanwaco32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would rather use wood wheels than deal those people again!!!!!!!

18. metalman

metalman

Wow, del't with them on two builds, both custom wheels (not standard catalog style). Timely shipping, decent price and dead on to the specs provided. Guess I was lucky!

19. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

I had them make up a set of stock style wheels for my JEEP. Poor quality and expensive, that was years ago. I see they have not improved with age.

20. sumo

sumo

If you are going to deal with anyone try Wheelsmith, never had a problem.

21. swimeasy

swimeasy

One of the best parts of being on the HAMB is learning who NOT to do buisness with (Stockton, Ol Parts Mining Co. etc.)

22. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

I can say they screwed me with lies and a bunch of time wasted...and that was 3 years ago too!!!

Steer clear.

-Jason

23. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

did business with stockton wheels about 8 years ago. Never again.
    I special ordered front wheel for the car I was building. i ordered the wheel in Nov. The car was finished in april and was still waiting for the wheels. I call them in April and asked about the wheels. They told me that they could not do the offset I wanted. I ask them why no one called and told me that. They had no answer. The offset they could do was about 1/4 inch different. I told them to make the wheels up that way. They told me that they would do it and get the wheels to me in about a week. Three weeks went by and no wheels. Had a show coming up in about two weeks. Called them again and asked where my wheels were. They told me that they were just getting to them. I told them that I needed them in two weeks for a show. The wheels did not get to me in two weeks and I missed the show. I finally got the wheels 4 weeks later and was not happy with them. The welds that held the center to the wheel looked like a grade school kid did it. I ended up welding the wheels because they did not look safe.

24. cadillac dave

cadillac dave

i delt with them back in the early 90's. built my whole dam car before the wheels arrived. and the bullshit they gave me...over and over again..they are a total waste of good space on earth. cadillac dave

25. voneyeball

voneyeball
    Alliance Vendor

RALLY AMERICA. straight up service at a very respectable price. alliance members and they even have spider rings...

thats where my chrome reverse will be coming from for sure.

26. 51Gringo

51Gringo
    from Nor Cal

WHEEL SMITH.....This guy is the shit, he knows what he's talking about, he's cheap and you'll have your wheels in no time at all.
    He's a RULER!!!!!
    www.thewheelsmith.com
    (800)854-8937
    I ordered custom offset wheels last year, he had them on my doorstep 3 days after the call.

27. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

ME TO, I HAD '50 MERC CENTERS PUT IN 4" RINGS IN FRONT & '50 MERC WHEELS REVERSED & WIDENED TO 7.5" FOR THE REAR.

GOOD PRICE ALSO !!

AND I CALLED EVERY WHEEL BUILDER EVERY WHERE & NONE OF THEM WOULD WIDEN MY WHEELS AND THEY ALL TOLD ME THERE WAS NO RINGS MADE THAT WOULD ACCEPT A '50 MERC CENTER.

28. I got lucky too. But they happened to have a set somebody didn't pay for (maybe Stockton fucked 'em and they cancelled the order?). These were the size I needed, already powdercoated, and shipped that day. Nice wheels, no problems, and good price. But if I ever need some built, it's gonna be Rally America for sure. I talked to Wheelkid's dad on the phone for about 45 min. even though he didn't provide the service I was looking for, very knowledgeable and personable guy.

29. I had a similar bad experience. Took 4 months to get the wheels and every time I called "They will ship out today". After trying to get a tracking number for a few days, finally found out that they weren't even done yet. The good is that they were correct when I finally got them and the price never changed. I will never deal with them again. Once is enough!

30. vagabond88

vagabond88

We had problems with the wheels we ordered for my Dad's 40 ford .. took a long time to get them fixed .. We had to drive to there shop to get it done ... never again !