Register now to get rid of these ads!

You know you're in love when...(pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad S., Apr 7, 2007.

1. Brad S.

Brad S.

...she'll go anywhere and not even bat an eye.

Last week. Mid seventies. Lone Star Roundup. Awesome.

[​IMG]

An hour ago. Upper thirties and raining. Easter at the in-laws. Having fun in spite of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

dammm cool

im glad theres other women out there like mine

3. zippeay

zippeay
    from Hooper, Ut

They all do that till you bring out the question :eek: ... JK man, that's cool

4. Greezy

Greezy

It takes a certain kind of women to put up with a hot rodder.

5. Vergil

Vergil

You can't beat it -- memories you will always have and pictures to go with it. Love it, thanks for sharing.

Vergil

6. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Becareful, next thing you know you'll be building something for her to drive!!! Now we have two kids that love this stuff too, life is good:D

7. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

man i hear ya
    you know i got a model a pickup and a model a sedan and thats not eough for her

she says she wants one that she can pick the color of body, wheels and interior and drive
    so we met in the middle (below is just a taste, cant let the cat out the bag to much)
    full fendered 29 model a roadster satin black body, white roll and pleat w/ pink piping and carpet and a set of pink steelies with trim rings and baby moons

8. jstorm

jstorm

Shes a keeper. My old lady rides the fender of my ridgid Flyrite all the time and never complains. even when we got stuck in a damn freezing rain storm i gave her the option of going home but she said we are already wet and told me to go on. Rode home that night still wet and freezing but never complained.

Women like ours are rare and we need to hold on to them and treat them right.

9. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Thats unreal. Mine has never even sat in my coupe. You better hang on to that one!

10. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

I was telling my wife (third one at that) that I wanted to build a truck for a toy. She said "do it, and build what you want." I've been testing her lately, and she's not even batting an eye at the stuff I'm buying or doing.

She and I met in junior high school, went our separate ways, and found each other 13 years and 4 kids (2 hers and 2 mine) later. Shoulda married her instead and kept her from the beginning since she was my best friend back then.

I've figure out for sure though that this one is a keeper. Since I've been playing with my 'new' '29 Dubble A truck, she decided that now she wants a '55 or a '57 Chevy wagon! Soooooo.... the hunt begins.

11. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

I'm a sucker for a love story...looks like you get along with your wife pretty well too!

12. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

gotta love it man...my girl gets turned on when i come home smelling of old gas, oil and rust and even let me borrow her car while i got the exhaust done on my car a few weeks ago. any chick that will help me make my car louder is a keeper. :D

13. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

That's great to have a woman like that. :eek: Ya'll look like your having a blast together. Too cool.:)

14. 49 Fastback

49 Fastback
    from Ohio

I thought you were talking about being in love with your car for being that reliable and fun to drive!

Tucker

15. AV8Paul

AV8Paul
    Member Emeritus

Welcome to the elite group of rodders that have a wife/girlfriend that'll gut's it out in a hot rod. My wife of nearly 38 years, has put in some 300+ mile days in my AV8 without ever complaining. All I had to do was put in a heater and she bought the side curtains. You're a lucky man.

16. wvenfield

wvenfield

So did I.

17. tunram2quad

tunram2quad

now thats real hotroddin...thanks for pics.oh and happy easter

18. guiseart

guiseart

I thought he was talking about the car...

"she" looks like a keeper, both of them!

19. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

How about a woman that would ride on a 3 gallon gas can in the area a front seat of your shoebox should be for a hunnert miles or so after your starter fell out and took out your gas tank because the car was so low???
    NO NO! not mine but one of my friend's wife did that.... what a gal!
    They are out there.

20. bigken

bigken

Sweet as hell, man. Congrats. Mine just wants me to finish mine ('33), so I can get her '55 p/u done........ Cool.

21. Brad S.

Brad S.

Appreciate the comments. She was surprised when she saw this and I was surprised she found it. I guess she's a lurker more than I thought. Maybe that's why she's asking for a shoebox. :D

Anyway. We all need to thank the Hot Rod God in the Sky when we have a good car and a good woman who lets you get away with anything short of murder and adultery.

22. mine didn't even object to driving to London..in February....in the snow..in my roadster..that has no heater or wipers!!!

And she's fit too...

Attached Files:

23. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

She's a keeper the gal too :)

24. Armstrong

Armstrong

I saw my wife filling out one of those surveys in a womens magazine the other day. After she left the house I took a look at it. One of the questions was "What is your favorite smell?". She had written "my husbands shop ".

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hell, I love her and I don't even know her...

26. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Amen.

27. Most of the girls I know think my '88 driver is old. I feel so alone. SOB!