Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Mainers Out There?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WICKEDJOHN, Apr 3, 2007.

1. hey fellow mainers,
    i'm new to the hamb...would like to know whats goin' on around the state this year?....fill me in....john

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  2. john56h

john56h

3. Gigantor

Gigantor

Welcome to the Mud/Snow State where Sring will NEVER come!
    Up here in Bangor all by my lonesome. I'm sure the multitude of southern Maine HAMBers will chime in shortly.

4. pitman

pitman

5. Jonnyhotrod

Jonnyhotrod

Yes. Talk to Pontiac Slim! If it's hotrods in Maine, this guys on it. One of the nicest guys out there.

I'm 13 generations strong of Mainer, but scooted across the border to NH for a while, about 3 minutes away. Welcome.

Jonny

6. Hodad

Hodad

So you moved to Maine. Well It is a great place to be 6 months out of each year. I hope you brought rust free stuff with you. Not much of a scene here in the Portland Area but there are a few pockets of Traditional Guys here and there. Welcome to Maine and HAMB.

7. stepsideclyde

stepsideclyde

Here we are, Down on the coast, with 15" of the white stuff today, Absolutly love April. Hey Sambone, don't feel alone, we are east of you!

tc

8. buford36

buford36
    from Maine

Hi,I'm down down here on the NH border. There is quite a bit of activity in the southern Maine, NH, Mass area, but that's a pretty long haul from Mapleton. There must be some stuff going on in the Bangor area. Welcome to the HAMB. Tom...

9. Barrows

Barrows
    from Union ME

I'm in Union, the owls head transportation museum has some cool events in the summer.

10. Welcome,

I'm from southern part of the state. Check out the events link on my website - we have quite an extensive listing for quite a area of Maine and New Hampshire. The website is: [email protected]

Email or PM me if you have any questions or just want to talk cars.

Ducky

11. Hey Jonny,hows the coupe commin'?

12. When I click on the link it goes to email.I'd like to check out your site.

13. The correct link to my website is : Ducks32.com

Currently building a '32 Ford Sedan Delivery.

Thanks, Ducky

14. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Hey..
    Welcome to the Great White North!
    Pontiac Slim here..
    Listen... We don't roll it like the old days so there's "goings on" I don't know bouts> I believe Ducks site has a good list'n.
    Hows-ever
    We do make a few events depend'n on what I blew up on the "blister"at any give'n time

New England Summer Nationals in Mass. A 4-5 day deal, zoo-ish but fun.. Music, open headers, burnouts etc ( hell even street race'n if you into that stuff)

Downeast Street Rods weekend at Hebron Pines campgrounds.in Maine.. This is a great weekend lot of "stuff" for all ages (August)

Nostalgia Drags at Winterport Dragway.. flagman start, real laid back like the old days(August)

New England Dradway in NH haz 3 nostalgia events. Oxford Dragway in Maine has some also

Western Maine Street Rods has a Fall weekend at a campground (Oct) laid back, real calm. good time

Don't/won't do car shows so don't go there!

To me this is the "good stuff"..
    You can e-mail/PM me for more info on these events as I usally have flyes an pre reg forms for the above stuff.
    If you want we can touch bases as time goes on as your more then welcome to go with me and my crew
    That also goes for any other Maine-ers read'n this...

OK.. where in hell is Mapleton?

Listen.. my dog wants 2 go outside an .... So I'm leave'n for now

Pontiac Slim
    www.badlandscoupe.com

Attached Files:

15. thanks for getting back to me guys, been workin' my life away....nice to know their are some traditional guys in maine.....pontiac slim, presque isle, maine route 1 north off of i95...i'm way up north...2 1/2 - 3 hrs north of bangor...hope to meet some of you guys this summer.....john

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  16. Hey John,

I'm not actually a Mainer at the Moment, I'm on the opposite coast. But do own a house and a shop in Maine and we are getting ready to head back the the Right Coast very soon.

My job has me bouncing back and forth these past few years.

I'm about 30 Miles North of Bangor just off of 95

I just picked up an old Uhaul truck to get my tools, parts and car back east.

Hopefully your question will help me locate the scene as well.

Maybe I'll see you guys one of these days.

Bob

17. Gigantor

Gigantor

Well it's nice to know I'm not the only one crazy enough to live up here. 30 Miles from Bangor aint so bad - I could use some like minded car dudes around these here parts. All I've found are musclecar guys and "restorers".
    On a side note, 6-12 inches of the white stuff tomorrow night. Where the hell is Spring this year?!

18. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Hey.. listen up
    Great hot rod weekend in August 17-18( I think) at Hebron Pines campground In Herbon Me.
    Tis a great weekend.. stuff for everyone. I have a few flyers and reg forms. PM me with you mail'n address if you be interested..

Pontiac Slim

19. Hey all you Mainers, Spring is coming fast....Can you give me a Heads up on events for the up coming season....God, winter's are long up here!..... John

20. Check out the events link on my website, Ducks32.com It was just updated. Check back as we get it updated as new events are listed.

Ducky

21. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Downeast Rod Run Aug 14-15 a don't miss!!
    Acton Me Swap meet May 17
    Acton Me Ducks Spring Breakout May 10
    June 19-20-21 Fryburg Fairgrounds Rod Run by Rod & Custom Kruisers
    End of July ish 1 st part August.. Loring AFB Limestone... Land Speed Runs
    There are more of course but I'm old... tired..grumpy.. and most important haz to go pee!!!
    Keep in touch & will keep ya posted etc..
    I wanna do a HAMB meet deal at Hebron this year
    Pontiac Slim

22. Thanks Ducky, will do.....John

23. Thanks Pontiac Slim...I hope to get to see your "A" Cp......John

24. Marcia

Marcia

Hebron is the 15-16 of August. Makes it hard to get back from Bonneville.

25. 55chevr

55chevr

There is a land speed event at Loring Air Force Base in Caribou on August 1 and 2 ... A mile and a half to get to speed ... similar to El Mirage .. check out Landracing.com for information.

Joe

26. One here...I'm in Millinocket...retired teacher (shop) from Stearns. 30 years up here...boy it went by fast. I live in my garage during the daylight..building a 28 chevy..learning alot on the H.A.M.B..my first build at 55..oh my. Always wanted to do a car and a boat..I do have a 55 Chris Craft Capri..been sitting for 8 years...maybe someday I'll get to it. Been a long winter here...today it was the first day it hit 60 degress..wow..Good thread...I'm going to write all these dates down and hope to meet some of you guys...

pete

27. 52lomofo

52lomofo

not from maine but not that far away (prince edward island) hello to you :)

28. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

and howz things in PEI ?
    Pontiac Slim

29. Marcia

Marcia

John,
    Is there still snow up there? I heard you got more the other day.
    Ours is all gone.

30. Yes we still have snow on the ground up here! Hope by May it will all be gone...John