Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another newbie

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by bamabucket, Mar 28, 2007.

1. bamabucket

bamabucket

Hello from Brimingham, AL. I am another one of those old farts that has loved hot rods for a long time but couldn't afford them until a few years ago. Now I am retired, have no kids at home, and a very understanding wife that encourages me to enjoy hot rods. She doesn't even flinch when I tell her how much I spent on parts and she looks forward to riding with me. I have a Tbucket with a 500 Caddy and a chopped '26 T tudor with a blown samll block. Both are regularly street driven, have plenty of rock chips and scratches, and are not regularly polished. I don't have a trailer and don't intend to put either car on one if I can help it. Finding the HAMB has been great! I have already gotten several great ideas from the postings from other members.

2. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

Welcome Bama-bucket To The Hamb.

Rafa.

3. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Hi BB - I have a bubby in Fairhope, Al. We both grew up in Chicago. That understanding Wife goes a long way. I can't complain.

I have a Hill powered by a 500 Caddy & Trans. I bought it and there it sits. You have found a great site. I think, You already found that out ! Welcome to HAMB. Rich

4. k9racer

k9racer

welcome several hamb members in Bham and huntsville. we sometimes have car fuctions...

5. Gracie

Gracie

Were you in downtown Birmingham in the T about a few months ago on a Saturday afternoon? If so, I think I saw you.

Welcome from the Phantom Gracie... who floats around Birmingham but is rarely seen.

6. bamabucket

bamabucket

I would be interested in knowing about functions in the Bham area. I am also a member of the National Tbucket Alliance, but either there aren't many other Tbuckets around here or they aren't members of NTBA. I drive the car often, but don't remember being downtown on a Saturday afternoon. The car is a purple turtleback bucket, not the more common type with the short pickup bed. I guess I should post a picture - if I can figure out how.

7. Gracie

Gracie

The one I saw was yellow... so it wasn't you. It sure took me by surprise though... it was very traditional, which is rare in these parts.

8. bamabucket

bamabucket

My Tbucket is traditional old school, with a suicide front end, drum brakes, and a high-arch rear spring. You are right, I rarely see another hot rod being driven on the streets around here.

9. Gracie

Gracie

So do they still have the big cruise in that moves around the city every weekend here in Birmingham? I haven't seen any info on it and I've been away a long time.

10. junkbrick

junkbrick

I was looking for ya a schedule...they usually hit Trussville the last Saturday of the month, Pelham the first saturday...with Bessemer, Inverness and Pinson mixed in the middle...there is even a pretty good one out in Moody and also Sylacauga...

I will find out the exact locations and post them back here soon.

-reed

11. junkbrick

junkbrick

Almost forgot...Bamabucket, welcome to the HAMB...keep your eyes peeled, there are some of us traditionalists rolling around B'ham! You have to make K9racers party later this year...it is a really top notch get together....I had a great time and cant wait for it to come around again this year.

--reed

12. bamabucket

bamabucket

I'll be watching for the traditional rods. The K9racers party sounds interesting - I'd like to know when, where, and who is welcome. I'll also try to get some info on cruise nights.
    Lou