Register now to get rid of these ads!

broke down hamber

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

nosurf is broke down near dallas. needs a water pump for a 59 ab. left hand... ********* deleted

posting from cell phone. please halp him.

2. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Bttt.........for Jay.

3. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I left a message for Rusty: aka: Dirty31..........and Nosurf is sitting with KCTA Chris looking for a water pump........

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

They got a water pump I believe...

6. Roothawg

Roothawg

7. AHotRod

AHotRod

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

man, im draggin a parts car with me if i ever get to go!:eek: thats like what 10-15 that had troubles? hope everyone makes it home safe!wish i were there!

9. 53burb

53burb

"viva La Hamb"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Knux!

10. Big Dad

Big Dad

I'm very close to them

If they need something , let me know

11. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Back on the road via..........Rusty........and Jay left me a voice mail.

Viva' La HAMB

12. if they need anything, i'm close too.

13. 5:10 to 9:15 - 4 hours, 5 minutes to get a water pump for an at least 54 year old engine, install it and get back on the road.

Viva la HAMB!

14. chevychris5

chevychris5

Way to go Guys, what a little world we can be in when technology helps us Old School Enthusiasts.
    Safe Cruisin Guys- Like International Rescue for Rods! now that would be a great new TV program. I bags copywrite and to drive the wrecker/flatbed at nite? Chris.

15. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

16. Rusty

Rusty

Luckily I had a old bud tha had a new one laying around. Made a phone call and a coupe hours later they were back on the road. He called me around 11:00 and was in Oklahoma headed back. True Hot Rodders. They can hang with the Dirtys anytime the wish

Rusty

17. NoSurf

NoSurf

This is Mrs. NoSurf here posting for Jay....he made it home at noon today. We ate at an old burger drive-in for lunch and then Jeff took off for Omaha. Jay had to go into work, so he will post an update later when he gets home.

18. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

glad you made it home safe and sound jay, sounds like you got some stories to tell !! by the way, i am still looking for pictures of your car at the roundup, you have any that you can lay on us? or anyone else? mike

19. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

I have to say,Thanks! to all who helped out . We had a few more problems later that night on our quest to make oki city before we rest. We will make a wonderful tech post on this part later, its all about getting home under power.

20. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

and thanks for lunch. Sorry I wasnt more talkative, Im tired! goodnight!

21. Roothawg

Roothawg

Glad to hear he made it back ok.

22. NoSurf

NoSurf

Wow
    What a great weekend.

<O:pWe got to my house around noon yesterday.
    <O:p</O:p<O:p
    Thanks to everyone for all the halp.
    <O:p</O:p<O:p
    I will do a complete write-up of the whole adventure later tonite when I get my pics.
    <O:p</O:p
    When we left Austin Sunday morning my right water pump had a small leak, this I blame on Murphy, since I just replaced the right one in anticipation of the trek to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]<font color=" /><st1:City><FONT color=#555a5f>Austin</st1:City><FONT color=#555a5f> with Jeff highboy32 (a long time 32 owner).<O:p</O:p
    <FONT color=#555a5f><O:p</O:p

After having driven through Dallas/Ft Worth the water pump decided to let go. Water was slinging out behind the pulley and onto the dizzy, shorting out the ignition. No go. 3 pm.

Luckily we pulled over on the shoulder right near an exit. I called KCTAChris (couldn&#8217;t meet a nicer guy) who was kind enough to give me his cell # in case we had any trouble on the way home, as he had his coupe on his trailer. He drove by the coupes right when I called him, so he came back to assist.

After a few attempts at using stop leak, we drove up to the TA Truckstop in Denton. I called Kevin, who was at the airport with Ryan, and that resulted in this thread. <st1:time Hour="16" Minute="0">4pm</st1:time>.

Chris Sodbuster saw the thread and called Rusty of the World Famous Dirty Hotrod Shop, who called a friend of his that had a brand new pump in the box. Rusty called me back and gave me directions, which I wrote on a napkin at the truckstop.

Chris gave us a ride down to Rusty&#8217;s friend place just East of Dallas. I don&#8217;t know if Rusty wants me blabbing all over the internet about this guys stuff, but lets just say it would be the highlite on any garage crawl. We hung out there for over an hour looking at all his cool projects. On our way back our highway somehow turned into us driving through a commercial area, where we were detained by a bicycle gang consisting of 42 members.

We finally got back to the truck stop and put the water pump on and were back on the road by 9PM.

We had a few other delays later that nite/morning with Jeffs coupe, but more on that later.

Thanks again to everyone that helped and those that called with offers of assistance.

Here are a few pics of my coupe resting and Jeff&#8217;s before the last leg of his 1600 mile journey (ps- his flatmotor was stuck and sitting in a chassis in the woods a week ago).

Viva la H.A.M.B.

23. NoSurf

NoSurf

24. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Bicycle mobs, adding lead to the bloodstream and roadside camping.
    Read all about it in Jay's upcoming new book "101 ways to fix a flathead - trucker advise from the great Denton TA truckstop".

Still amazed at the power of the HAMB. Glad you both made it home and everything is well.

Dig the pics.

Chris

25. Sounds like fun to me. :) Wish I had been there to thrash on it with ya.

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You guys are fucking heroes man... Love that you guys drove those rides down.

NoSurf likes this.
  27. surferfletch

surferfletch
    from FL

Wow! Sounds like the rainstorm you drove through just north of Waco was the least of your worries! I'll call you tonight for the details. Props to the HAMB for helping you through it! That car is still more reliable than my Jetta, I think!