Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moving back to West Coast - Seattle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

After almost 10 yrs of living in the South, the wife and I are making a move back to the Seattle area.. Its home for her and where my long time car buddies live.

Have made some incredible friends while living on the east coast (here local in Charleston... but also a number in ATL and up in PA and NY).. gonna miss seeing them at various shows...

So for those in the Seattle area (and other NW towns).. I look forward to meeting some new HAMBers and seeing some previous ones....

House went forsale last night so now it time to get the garage cleaned and organized (that part sucks) and the Woodie prepared for its transport..

2. dbu8554

dbu8554
    from Vegas

what part of seattle you going to? I am going to move back maybe also i lived in capitol hill

3. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

cool welcome back.. looking forward to meeting you perhaps

4. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Right now we are thinking Renton/Kent (south of Seattle).

Lucifr,, same here..

5. Shane T.

Shane T.

How could you leave the lovely stench, uhm I mean smeel of Charlestown?? JK, but seriously best of luck with the relocation.
    Shane T.

6. Cool. My wife's from out there also. I'm from MD and met her when I was stationed out there. We were thinking about moving back a few years ago, but my wife is too happy here to leave now. We went back there in August of last year and its changed alot. There are a lot more people than there was in the mid 90s when we left.

7. Jake H.

Jake H.

Look forward to making you feel "back at home", man. My address is technically Seattle, but I'm still way south, almost Burien.

Make it out here before the "HotRodArama", in August!

8. vein

vein

yea!! same here welcome back. Im here in Tacoma, it would be cool hang out with another hamber!

9. FWilliams

FWilliams

cool beans. did you sell the sedan?

10. I'm originally from Seattle, lost a bet and ended up in Montana! I'd move back in a minute but we are tied to this dirt pile until the kid leaves for college. I'll be back every year for the Hotrodarama, catch you guys then.

s.

11. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Well,it was nice meeting you at TRR a couple of years ago.
    good luck!

12. Renton/Kent...home of big haired blonde's and camaro's. I would really like to see that Mopar woodie in person.

13. I lived in Astoria Oregon for a few years as a teenager,

I loved the Pacific North West, I would move back in a heartbeat given the oppertunity

14. meanirishmofo

meanirishmofo
    from Hi

I'm moving back to WA. in July but I'll be living way up north. I'm glad it will be summer because I need time to adjust, Hawaii turns you into a little Bitch when you go anywhere else. LOL

15. wayfarer

wayfarer

Can't wait to meet you Ken. My inlaws live in Covington, so I get over that way quite a bit.

16. sawzall

sawzall

Ken.

sorry to hear your movin..
    glad to hear the wagon is goin with you!
    take good care of it..

I have family in bremerton, wa. and I loved pullyualp (or however the hell you spell it) when we visited there a few years ago.

best wishes

jeff

17. Gumpa

Gumpa

Welcome back, We are all going to have to get together for coffee or something after you get settled in. Gumpa (Westport)

18. Hope to see you around.

19. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Well,shit Ken!! That susks:( .I was looking foreward to seeing the "Big Kahuna" finished in person some day.Im glad that I got to meet you in the rain at the first GG Hershey,then the Jalopy Showdown,then you came up to get the woodie and go to the fall Hershey swap meet.Sorry to see you go....Good luck,see ya around.

20. Rolf

Rolf

Cool man, welcome back.

Let's have a beer when you get settled.

21. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Yep, many a guy n gal out here in puyalllllaaaap (frickin spelin!) Look forward to seeing ya....Roach.

22. Custom54

Custom54

See you at Puyallup and Hotrodarama.

23. screwtheman

screwtheman

I made the move from there (lived in Monroe and worked in Bothell) a couple of years ago. Spring and summer are beautiful as you well know. I'll be thinking about you this winter! :D

24. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

thanks everyone... looking forward to the move, plan to get there at the beginning of summer because my blood is thin from the heat and winter will be rough on me.. (ya I will be complaining about it)...

to my east coast buddies.. you may see me out here from time to time...

25. old beet

old beet

Beetle 360-652-2920 Die Hard Hotrodder .Ya I got a louver press. Lonely? Need a drink? Call me.Welcome...............Beet

26. Ken,

Hopefully I'll get to say goodbye at the Nats South this year. We'll miss having you around the South.

Good luck with the move. Sounds like a good one for you & the wife.
    It's nice when good things happen to good people. Congratulations.

Jim

27. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Hope everything works out for you ...
    It is HOT here in South Carolina ... but I will stay here ... :)

I was in Charleston SC Saturday, cruising around in the 32 roadster. Misplaced your cell # or I would have called ... it was great in Charleston Saturday ... 75, light breeze and cloudy. Great Roadster weather ...

Ate some Bar-B-Que at Bessingers.
    See you at Charlotte AutoFair ... you know where my spots are ...

Randy

28. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

booney,
    i'm gonna miss you man. will you make knoxville before you leave? if so i'll see you there. say hello to jr. nelson when you get to the great n.w. good luck on the woody.
    dan

29. spooler41

spooler41

welcome back to the northwest. I did the same thing.I spent the 80's in Las vegas,and came back late in 90. started all over and now I'm happly retired. I'm just getting started on a 27 Ford modified. jack

30. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

The NW is where it's at!!!
    Welcome back Boones......
    I'm sure we'll cross paths (Puyallup, Tacoma, Elma)????