Register now to get rid of these ads!

Leave it to Beaver...40 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 6t5frlane, Oct 29, 2006.

1. The Beaver monster shirt episode is shown in the Von Franco DVD
    "I was a teenage monster shirt maker"
    Order one from Evel.

Back to the subject...What ever happened to the Lumpy 40?
    Was it owned by the studio? Or leased from a private party?
    There's got to be a history, sort of like the Graffiti cars.

Doc

2. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Correctimundo! As the Fonz would say in his later less cool years.

When My 3 Sons 1st aired, Mike was the oldest son, He had the 54 Ragtop, When Mike left to show that car got handed to Robbie-middle son, It was later replaced with a 64 GTO. In 1964 Pontiac had an ad man named Jim Wangers=Also a week end warrior on the strips of Detroit.
    He placed their product line right smack dab in the middle of Americas TV screens as did the rest of the GM line when they followed suit on Bewitched=Chevy's Covettes & Camaros Chevelles Nova SS's & I Dream of Jeannie with GTO's & Firebirds for the Major.

You ever noticed how America was the greatest producer of any cool car throughout the 60's Hard to think of a bad one from any MFG performance wise.

Back to My 3 Sons, Youngest son Chip was on the hunt for a car in one episode & was given a Teen or Early Twenties T Coupe which he was too embarassed to drive to school, so he parked it around the corner and walked the rest of the way. He ended up with Robbies GTO & Ernie the neighbor kid was adopted about the same time that Mike left to school & to never return to the show (kinda like Chuck on Happy Days=lol!) The house changed too.

As for Leave it to Beaver, There is a bunch of Desperate Housewives living on his block as well as Herman Munsters & Marcus Welby M.D.'s. Those shows were shot on the Universal Backlot.

3. Bewitched-Darrin had some sort of outlandish custom as a gift from the mother-in-law for a day, maybe had a bubble-top?

4. Geez you guys watch a lot of TV.

5. HaHa:D, actually I saw this 25-30 yrs ago and still remember it.

6. flatheadmalc

flatheadmalc

Just watched an episode of the Beav today that had Lumpy's 40 pullin into the driveway after Wally had wrecked the family sedan. Looked like a very nice 40 with some mild modas and sounded good too. There was also a scene in this one where they take the family sedan to a shop for repairs ($18 parts and labor lol). The shop owner is working onthe front suspension of a 53 chev convertible with a torch (wonder if he was heatin' the coils hehehe) . Interesting to see how often rods and kustoms show up in these old shows.

7. an old series caled LIfe of Riley had alota kool stuff...it was a low brow father knows best...ya know they all work at"the plant" blue collar guys anyway the son had a chopped 32 coupe I think....anybody else remember this show

8. axle

axle
    from Drag City

it was a 34 cabriolet

9. Rand Man

Rand Man

On Father Knows Best, Bud built a jalopy he called his "Road Runner"? I remember seeing the reruns and being confused. "That's not a Roadrunner". They have horns that go beep beep.

10. Jimv

Jimv

I remember Murray the K & the swingin swarray!!Also the WMCA good guys.Zachery , Officer Joe Bolton & the merry mailman.LOL
    JimV

11. Jimv

Jimv

I remember it, Chester A riley, William Bendix played riley, he had a best friend Otto, Babs was his wife.They worked in a aircraft plant.
    The guy who did winnie the poohs voice was also a neighbor.
    show didn't run too long but it was good.
    JimV

12. Jimv

Jimv

I remeber seeing a Dobie Gillis where Manyard had to take care of some chickens & when he had to feed them the amoung said " cc"s.Manyard asked dobies mother what that was & she said "cups". Any how the chickens got huge!!!! they where wrecking the store so the father got a shotgun & smoked em!!they where the size of people, really funny shit & i know i'm not imagining it cause at was before my "hippy" years!!lol
    Also the delivery truck for the gillis's store was a 40 ford sedan delivery.Black i beleive, no wait all the cars where either black or white!!
    Also on Gidget( sally fields) her father drove a GTO.
    JimV

13. I keep watching 77SSS on American Life TV and never see Kookie in the T.I am beginning to think this is a myth that the car was ever in the show!

14. Your right. Been a while. How about the 38 rag top that ya see sometimes?

15. roddinron

roddinron

I remember (hey, "I remember Mama", thats another old one) Riley was always layin' in a hammock. He had the life of Riley.

16. 31DAN

31DAN

I remember that car, it keep braking down,or running out of gas...

17. rodknocker

rodknocker

Barn Find

Attached Files:

18. dochorsepower

dochorsepower

All this talk and no one has produced a picture of that '40 ragtop.

19. buford36

buford36
    from Maine

Here you go. Tom...

Attached Files:

• 397.jpg
      397.jpg
      File size:
      25 KB
      Views:
  20. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I remember awful looking racing stripes they painted down the hood and trunk
    I also rember a 57 convertible that was portrayed as a peace of junk that was drug in by the son on 8 is enough.

21. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

te youngest son builds a 29 ford roadster that I think was realy the Street Rodder Magazine DSR76 anyway it was a white channeled 29 frod roadster

22. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

OK. Here's an obsecure one. Anyone remember the episode of fantasy Island where a broke down hot rodder came to forget his troubles (at least that's how I remember it) and ends up having a race with an archrival almost wrecking Dick Scrithfield's (former McGee car) '32 roadster? Dick still owned the car at that time. They even had a flash scene of the unique dash w/ SW gauges that was in the car. Wonder if Dick remembers how much he got for renting the car for that episode?

Frank

23. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Remember the Mr Ed episode where Ed hauls the kids next doors hot rod to the drive in coz the roadsters battery died?

24. Zoom, azoom, azooma azoom - Lumpy making sounds while driving 40...:)

[​IMG]

25. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

I just bought the first season of happy days on dvd. The first season is full of cars. Fonzi rides a chopped harley instead of the british bike in the later seasons. Ralph drives a T RPU and there is an episode were Fonzi drives it in a drag race and ends up being chased by the cops.

26. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

When "My Three Sons" started in black and white ,oldest son Mike had a rod, the fenders were cut open and had some crude flames don't remember what make it was tho':confused:

27. anyone remember the dodge 1-ton in lassy that timmy's dad ranger rick drove? maybe a 59?

28. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Yeah I remember that truck

29. Wasn't the "sons" Robbie, Chip, and Ernie??? Never heard of Mike??:confused:

30. roddinron

roddinron

Mike was the oldest son in the first seasons, when he got to old and Chip wasn't little and cute anymore, they dumped mike and brought in Ernie.