Register now to get rid of these ads!

49-52 chevy lowering question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jetcitysicko, Apr 2, 2007.

1. jetcitysicko

jetcitysicko

Hey all,
    Does anyone know where to purchase a lowering kit for a 49 chevy? My chevy requires the square looking U bolt as opposed to the universal looking normal one. Not looking to relocate and fabricate a bunch. Just looking for a simple block and U bolt made specifically for 49-52 chevs. Any leads?

Thanks,
    Andre

2. nite prowlers

3. you can buy the u-bolts at advanced auto parts, i found the ones i used for my 52 there, as far as blocks, find a steel supplier in your area and ask for 2x4 steel stock tubing, at least 1/4" wall. they will probably have some scraps in the length you need i used 3" and it set it pretty far down. if you dont wanna bother with all of that and just want to buy something, try national chevy - www.nationalchevyassoc.com

4. Doc22

Doc22

Yep, they got 'em.

5. atomickustom

atomickustom

6. rockabillyjoe

rockabillyjoe
    from Seattle

Hey! I have a complete set for the rear. Took it off of my 52. Has about 100 miles on the blocks and bolts. Got em from nightprowlers. They are yours for the taking. You pick em up. I have them ready to go. (206) 510-4080 Joe

7. jetcitysicko

jetcitysicko

Awesome! Thanks Joe!

8. Rockit53

Rockit53
    from Berwyn, IL
    1. 37-38 Chevys

i used a regular universal lowering kit, just turned to blocks to run perpendicular to the springs, and bolted it up...it works, i know a couple others that have done the same thing...no problems...