Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 plymouth go fast parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950Deluxe, Mar 29, 2007.

1. 1950Deluxe

1950Deluxe
    from Kansas

I was wondering if anyone has bought/made any cool stuff for the old plymouth motors 46-54. I have a 50 plymouth sedan deluxe and was wondering what was out there for these cars. It only has 38000 original miles on it but it's old, its cool and its PAID FOR!!! Just wanted to see if anyone has recently done anything with these cars and could give me advice. Thanks in advance.

2. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">
    The first place to go is Langdon's Stovebolt: (www.stoveboltengineco.com). Tom has headers, carbs, an HEI distributor, and offy intakes for the flattys. I suggest calling him, he's a wealth of info. You can touch base with Earl Edgerton at Edgy Cams, he makes aluminum heads.
    You can also cruise e-pay, vintage intakes, etc show up pretty regularly. Speed stuff was made by Fenton, Edmunds, Sharp and others over the years.
    You might be surprised at how available speed stuff is for these old mills.
    I don't there's anything like a set of headers, duals with glasspacks, and a couple of carbs for crankin up the cool factor.

Good luck,
    Dave
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

3. 1950Deluxe

1950Deluxe
    from Kansas

Thanks for all the help I will definitely check those sites out. I do have to admit that I hate using E-Bay but looks like it might be my only choice. Thanks again!

4. It's not your only choice. Like the others said, between Langdons and Edgy, you can get most stuff, and it's new! If you go to the forum at www.p15-d24.com you will find a bunch of guys with the same motor as yours, and all the knowledge in the world. Ignore the naysayers who suggest you transplant in modern shit. The flathead six is a cool motor that can perform quite adequately, even on the freeway.

5. the modern carb & dizzy that langdon's offers is quite the update right out of the box. all the mopars guys i talked to at shows love the idle circut of the ford weber (came on pinto's) smooth!

6. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100&#37;" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"> I've already posted this pic of the mill in my '46, but here it is again. Since this pic, I've changed over to spun aluminum air cleaners from Tom Langdon. The engine and car are now billet-free. You need to check out 50Plymouth's site for some fantastic info and pics.
    [​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

check out member Olddaddy's site rustyhope. He makes split manifolds, bothintake and exhaust. Biggest improvement come from raising compression, Milling the head up to .070 still run regular, and easier breathing, see above dual intake and dual exhaust. Also there is a fellow on this board know as Moose who will do you up some interesting intakes and headers.

8. 1950Deluxe

1950Deluxe
    from Kansas

Thanks everyone! I did check out those websites you told me about and all is not lost!!! 15coupe I really like what you have done with your engine. It looks great. Thanks for all the help and I guess its time to start buyin and applyin. Thanks