Register now to get rid of these ads!

I have no taste...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cardude, Dec 29, 2006.

1. bohlsd

bohlsd

Unf**kin' believable

2. flynstone

flynstone

is that thing a 4 wheel drive?......i would lower it if it was mine

3. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Go figure. I've seen much better go for less. I thought the auction was interesting for what it didn't say, like how it drives, is it titled - minor stuff like that. Anyway, the seller has a zero feedback rating, so buyer beware.

4. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

when did section start to mean cut the rot off the bottom?????

5. Builtforsin

Builtforsin

Some guys have more money then brains.

6. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Erm....I'm totally guilty of doing that kind of sectioning.

7. Muttley

Muttley

Shock value. Retarded lowering, huge chop/channel bring the dollars on Ebay. Lots of people think stuff like that truck is cool.......................lots of people also bought a Pet Rock and Members Only jackets.

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Now that's an idea... hmmmmm.... :D:D:D

9. wvenfield

wvenfield

Guy will be laughing all the way to the bank. In a way, I appreciate that. That P.T.Barnum guy was on to something.

10. My sedan is that low. Pretty cool, but bottoms out a bit. I like the lifesize laydown go-cart feel of it. Rationally, I need to raise it about 3 inches. Carl Hagan

11. Well, to post about the original question: there are a lot of these 'rat rod' kind of cars being built which take something cool (sectioning/channelling/roof chops/lowering) to an extreme end. Kinda' like the "ZZ stripes" on the sides of every other Pro Street car built in 1989.

But the thing here is that a lot of the major elements of this car are cool (big engine, wild intake and exhaust, old tin, low stance). And I gotta' admit to you, the rat rods of the world do kind of appeal to my love of those things.

There are some things that I'm not into that are just personal taste, and don't make me right, or the builder wrong. Such as Mr. Gasket scoop, or the trailer taillights. Someone else probably likes those. But if the welds aren't good, the steering geometry isn't good, and the plumbing/wiring details aren't good... then the car is destined to be a pile of shit regardless of whatever I think of its stylings.

Yeah, and use trailer hitch balls as a low-cost source of suspension joints.

-bill

12. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Radiator would last for half of the first drive, the second half would be putting it on the tow truck. Even if it survived speed humps, pot holes, stones, cats and slow children it wouldn't cool shit.

13. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Wait...where was that picture of the guy that had his axle (i think) attached to the frame with trailer balls?

14. 31whitey

31whitey

aw com'on...20 friggen grand...

15. Wow. Perhaps I'm just a bit slow, but when did I miss this apparent left-turn that parts of our hobby have taken? When did it become a worthwhile pursuit to make your car look like the biggest turd in the yard? Granted, almost everything on my car either looked, or worked, better before I started messing with it...but that was not my intention! I'm all for someone working with whatever raw material they have, and trying to make it better. I have seen some horrible piles of parts turned into some incredible hotrods. I have also seen some incredible cars turned into piles of shit by someone who just didn't get it. Put down the crack pipe BEFORE you pick up the sawzall!

16. talisman

talisman
    from Texas

20 Grand? You gotta be fucking kidding me. I could build something that looked better than that out of legos.

17. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

isnt that the guy from 60 minutes?

18. coe

coe
    from san jose

19. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Rat rods are for meth heads.....point made.

20. shemp

shemp
    Alliance Vendor

No, maybe I wouldn't have built it exactly like he did. What makes the hobby great is that everyone can express themselves to the best of their ability and budget. Rows of cars that are copies of one another hold very little interest for me.

21. guiseart

guiseart

I'd drive it.

22. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

Hopefully the winner is a guy in Nigeria who is sending a bank check for $10k more than the winning bid.....

23. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Its not even an '37 also.

24. "Hey...there goes a 'Rat Rod'...."

"okay, im going to throw up now."

The whole "top of the tires above the roof thing" is played out and overrated. :eek:

25. scottrod

scottrod

I like the part that says "four wheel disc brake" There's no brake lines running to the front wheels, but hey, the discs are there! Maybe thems some new fangled radio-control, wireless, battery powered disc brakes.
    The rag in the gas filler is a nice touch too.

20K? I call bullshit! I'm thinking that's a shill bid so that when he tries to sell that thing through other means, he can claim people have offered him that much.

26. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

27. Crankhole

Crankhole

that's funny

28. LordMaximo

LordMaximo
    from Roy, UT

Hell....it really looked like a serious POS with more then $5K into the engine alone. Yes it might actually was ugly, but has anyone even seen the truck up close and made an inspection of the chassis?
    Oh speaking of trailer ball front clip on the ride from AZ...it is really a cool rig.
    Now this thing might actually have you all really fooled with a totally safe chassis and an over cut truck cab. Just remove the cab and drop on another body of your likings.
    Now, how would a 54 Dodge 5 window "Job Rated" truck look if I chopped it all up and ran a blower out front sale for? You know nothing like finding an old hemi with a blower on and old chopped Dodge truck........hell I got both of them out back....lol....... 8>)

Maybe I could get $30K for my hack job.... :eek:

Maximo

29. lexistars

lexistars
    from Fontana