Register now to get rid of these ads!

massachusetts, hudson dealer question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by d_ciobotaru, Mar 28, 2007.

1. d_ciobotaru

d_ciobotaru
    from ri

Does anyone know about that old hudson desoto dealer in franklin on rt 140?
    This guy i know said he dated some gal whos father knew the owner and said he wouldnt sell anything, does anyone have some info thats a little more solid than that?

2. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

if it's the same one i'm thinking, it was an old hudson/willys ( yes,
    willys!!) dealer. his name was donald moore. i thought it was
    bellingham but could be franklin. he showed me the yard one
    day,probably to tease. it was loaded with willys coupes and
    sedans!! real nice stuff, and i didn't even see the inside of the barn
    the shame of it is he let it sit outside and would rather see it rot
    than sell it.i've heard of a few weirdos like him doing that think he
    liked hot rodders or gasser guys.anyway,
    he got them from all over,even canada.you didn't even have to
    notice the yard first, because across the street in his driveway i
    saw a black willys coupe and another old one beside it.walked
    right up and checked it out. i tried to act like is was restoring
    a stocker, but he didn't bite.sure he's heard that before.then i
    heard he died and the sons who i heard were a little like him
    to sell some stuff but were getting there price.don't know how
    true that part was because i never heard anymore about it.
    hope this info helps.

3. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

he also had hudsons( naturally) there and i heard he had some real rare models of other cars. just didn't like hot rodders i guess.wonder
    how much of it was saved before the weather took over.

4. VespaJay

VespaJay

That's Bellingham Auto Sales. They do sell cars, and parts - I bought some parts from them 3 or 4 years ago. There's some amazing stuff there, like the Sir Vival "safety car". Here's their website:

http://home.comcast.net/~essex33/BAS/bas.htm

5. Cool site! When I was out in Mass.several years ago there was a guy at a cruise night in Saugus(Fuddrucker's)that had a Playboy roadster.Neat car.

As for Hudson parts;if you are looking for them,try Jack Miller's Hudson dealership in Ypsilanti Michigan.He still has a bunch of NOS parts and several complete cars.

6. Haha I just passed this place a few weeks ago heading to a junk yard right down the street. All we could see through the window was the last car on the page "Sir Vival" and didn't know what to think. My buddy says that they're closed to the public now.

7. wvenfield

wvenfield

I really like that Hudson truck.

8. nice site. I never knew about this place. I've been to Miller Motors in Michigan before...

9. That dealership was owned by Donald Moore . I belive it is now closed , the land in that area is getting very expensive, and built up. I bought an austin from him 30 years ago.Carl

10. d_ciobotaru

d_ciobotaru
    from ri

thanks for the info that 57 desoto is killer, a guy i work with said theres a place off 95 south in rhodey exit 5 or 6 thats similar to that and the owner is alive, but wont sell to anyone for any price he gets off on letting them sit and rot away.

11. d_ciobotaru

d_ciobotaru
    from ri

anyone here in the pawtucket area? if so any garage space for rent?

12. rodknocker

rodknocker

does anyone know the history on the Sir Vival car thingy?

13. 1929rats

1929rats

That Guy was Donald Moore, when he was alive, he took a shine to me and let me go through his whole yard and his barns. I came back one thanksgiving while in my freshman year in college for a "tour". He had seven Playboy cars, worlds fair cars, and many other real neat stuff. I also went to one of his sons houses (his son eddie runs the yard from what I know). The cars in his son's barn (not to mention his sign collection) was UN-REAL! I am sure there was a willy's coupe in there as well! Donald was a very intresting guy and he left quite an impression on me as a young lad.......The garage is in Bellingham, MA.

14. Jimv

Jimv

a friend of mine has been hauling stuff outta that yard for few months now, nothing really good.
    One thing of interest though, he had a old baggage car (train) in the yard, kinda like the one in Butch cassidy & the sundance kid that they robbed( use enough dynamite butch?).
    I always wondered how it got in there.
    jimV

15. Zombilly

Zombilly

The Sir Vival has my vote for most unusal car design.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  16. 51 pickem up

51 pickem up
    from mosheim,tn

used to live in bellingham been there many of times the guy was a nut.
    reminds me of some of the hillbillys i've met in tn.
    asked him why nothing was forsale he said (liked all of his cars and trucks besides i dont have to feed them they dont make any noise so i just keep them around. this was back in the early 60's,but he sure had a lot of nice shit there.
    just kidding about the hillbilly remark.(been here TN. for tenn years and asked when i could concider me a hillbilly and was told your a god damm yankee an never will be a hillbilly. nuff said

17. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Ummmm...yeah.

18. VespaJay

VespaJay

I remember reading an article about it years ago, but can't remember what magazine it was in - Special Interest Autos? Autoweek? Car & Driver? Something about a guy who was obsessed with safety, the Sir Vival was his idea of what a safe car would be (Sir Vival = "survival", get it? Guy was a real wordsmith). Anyway, the driver sits in the upper part, passengers in the rear, and the articulated front part was supposed to absorb the impact of a crash and keep everyone inside safe. Anyone else remember this article? Daniel at Hemmings, you listening?

19. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

This Truck Would Make One Hell Of A Cool Ride!

Attached Files: