Register now to get rid of these ads!

hoodlum mock up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xderelict, Feb 8, 2007.

1. mustangsix

mustangsix

Doors? We don't need no stinkin' doors!

2. haring

haring

Ak Miller was anything BUT traditional. We've "made" him traditional. He was an iconclast and renegade whenit came to design and engineering. Super creative and from what I know, thinking outside of the expected norms.

Run whatever suspension you want, but I'd suggest checking out old European Grand Prix racers for ideas. Your car has the same look.

To be able to look at a pile of fenders and hoods and come up with the car you are building takes a very special eye. It's inspiring.

3. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I've been getting in a couple of hours here and there.Weld and grind is about the size of it.

4. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I split a 50 chevy hood laid them side ways,align the door skin to the hood line.Tack
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

50 chevy truck hood for rear of body,split,cut on tape, laid side ways like the front.
    [​IMG]

Old trackter gas tank for the head rest.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

You missed a ]

[​IMG]

6. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

The computer shows I'm a dummy faster than anything.

7. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Oh man - I like the progress - keep it up, Dick... wait, that sounds funny...
    Thanks for the update!

Malcolm

8. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

That thing is so freakin' cool it's not even funny.

9. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

this is great!!! I love it, I gotta get over and check that out.

10. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I'd like to see ya all on wednesday,We can check out what Rob Lee has going on too. heard some of the RBs and HRs were going to try and dodge turds then.Later.

11. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Pure genius, another great car from the So. "O" Turds Wednesday sounds fun. See Ya, Gary

12. ratster

ratster

Keep us posted on this build up, coooooooool

13. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Those would be way cool but they would blow the low budget out of the water.LOL. I went and got some 2x6 11 guage and will start fab on the frame tomorrow.I like the wittling down part of this build.Seeing the shapes come together.I'll post more soon.Thanks

14. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

15. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I've been gathering parts,O Hove sold me a fleetline that was half smashed.It's been more taking other stuff apart than putting stuff together.I 'm getting there though.Had a rusted out 40 ford hood I got the nose from.The fleetline had a lot of metal and a match set of wheels.Scored a good front axel and S 10 2 wheel drive axel from SOT Rob Lee.Things are good,I need a bellhousing and tranny and I'll put the drivetrain on the build table.Got the frame rails tapered and pinched.So yes there is movement ,seems slow but once everything is in a pile it will pick up.Oh I've been building a chopped bike for my 5 year old grandson to take to the outside shows.

16. this is brillant!

17. Smith79

Smith79

not sure what you had in mind for the front, but i love that little gap where the two front pieces don't come together, in the first mock up pics you had a cardboard piece mocked off the front over the axle, i would put grilles in those and run duct work up to the radiator.

18. Damn, good work!

=]

19. ...very creative use of old parts!!!...wish I could get those 46 hood tops to you, it'd be neat being able to contribute to this project.
    ...can anyone relay these hood tops from Illinois to Omaha?
    ...good luck on your project.

20. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I'm thinking this with mods for the grill shell.It's around 19 inches tall and the right shape. rusty1, shipping sucks,maybe this will work out.I live a couple of blocks off I 80 if anyone can do a drive by.

21. Hmmmm............slant the nose back, put some curve in the hood top (left to right), and slope the hood at the nose...bigger rear wheels/tires....good to go. I have always wanted to build a one place car, reminicent of a 30's dirt tracker but slick like the old hilborn streamliner, and barely legal for the street...maybe after the coupe and my sons 34 pickup projects are done....I like your style.....

22. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Excellent build. I really like your use of what would most likely be cast off parts. Without metal shaping equipment this is about the only way a person can develope a compound-curved body.
    Can't wait to see the progeress, keep posting.

Frank

23. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

24. Sticks

Sticks

Damn, you got some cool shit going on down in South O. You have a great skill to see old parts hoods fenders etc and put them to use to make a great looking ride... damn. The line have a great flow it does not look like a bunch of fenders hoods etc.

Thanks man,
    Sticks

25. deuceguy

deuceguy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree, that thing is cool as hell!!!

26. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

After looking at the gap in the photo I'm pretty sure that is too vaginal for my taste, vaginal,you know.Taste as in a traditional custom sense.Anyway, I'm sure it's getting the edsel treatment.My wife just slugged me in the arm.lol

27. LEECOUNTYRODS

LEECOUNTYRODS
    from Dixon, IL

Is this the same guy who built the " Homebuilt Roadster " Just joking, it will be awesome.

28. OLD BINDER

OLD BINDER

That Thing Is Very Cooool! It's Going To Make A Sweet Ride. Great Job

29. KutThrtKustms

KutThrtKustms
    BANNED
    from SO.CAL.

30. The Boss

The Boss
    from New York

That is just too cool! Thanks for showing us the way. Wow, I'm really impressed.