Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Blowout pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SimonSez, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Another pic of bruce's 6 x 2's

Attached Files:

• 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      74.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Here's a few more

Attached Files:

• 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      81.5 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      77.5 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      73.7 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      57.8 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      61.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      70.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      67.8 KB
      Views:
  3. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

You guys have it all over there. Great cars and great waves. I think I need to imigrate.

4. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams

I knew Australians and New Zelanders had an interset in antique cars and antique machinery from research on my 28 Buick. I never knew thay had such cool rods. They are my kind of cars. Keep up the good work guys.
    Andrew:)

5. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

I really like the black chopped 3 window even thou the owner is GAY!!!!!!!!!!

6. robster

robster

haha yeh so gay I'm thinking about putting cream wheels and whitewalls on it

7. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Yep.You forgot about the fenders, Rob

8. Rckt98

Rckt98

I think that is about right.Greg Webster is the owner/builder(President of my club back home, Franklin Street Rodders). Entire car home built, started life as a 4 door 34 Chev Sedan.It goes like hell as well as looks like it does.
    Russell

9. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Dang steering wheel is on the wrong sice and my wife would have to drive it all the time!

10. 97

Whadda Fuck? Australians have NOTHING to do with the Hot Rod Blowout..... Except Ricki but he won't admit that he is Australian.:)
    Australia is a different place far away in a different world across the ocean ....thank GOD.

11. flatoz

flatoz

and you think we dont say the same!

surely you have been accused of being a pom or Aussie. You've only got one Aussie over there? Geez, theres free trade for you!

cool cars all the same

12. Bert

Bert

now now, boys and girls...play nicely.......BTW the one true reason why you guys have what looks like to be more "cooler" rides, is because your laws are more relaxed than ours and hence, plenty of these mods are out there for all to see.....go underground here in oz and see whats happenin:D we got the goods too .........at least we know what the sun looks like and dont have to scrape frogs, snails and moss and shit off our rides every mornin....ahahhaaa...only jokin..........Love Bert

13. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

Awesome cars over there. Thats one of my blower tops on that 6x2 setup

14. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams

Hey fellows sorry about the Australian connection. I'n not trying to get you riled up. I guess never being there alot of us yanks consider it kind of the same. I just write a few Aussues about Buicks and they seem like good guys too.
    Andy:eek:

15. 61specialrat

61specialrat

those are some tasty rides

16. tanalised

tanalised

I've just added a couple of photos too.
    Theres about 30 photos on my website at
    http://www.alistairmorrow.fotopic.net check 'em out.
    Leave a comment if you want
    Please read the dedication too.

Attached Files:

17. Bert...... at least we dont have things over here that kill ya! Poisonous snakes, funnel-web spiders..... you Aussies are in the best place for Aussies to be! LOL! Ricki is on a good behaviour bond...... if he misbehaves we'll send him back, then we'll be truly Aussie-free....

18. 97

Yep we know a lot of you guys see Aussie and NZ as the same place , we get along fine it is just a bit of a game , we like to wind each other up too, jokes and sarcasm about sheep rooters, and convicts get chucked across the Tasman ( the ocean between us) , but in reality we all get along better than it would seem. It must be tough to build a legal rod in Aussie, lucky for us somebody beat the bureaucrats at their own game and negotiated a set of rules and laws which are quite liberal and controlled by hotrodders .
    see www.lvvta.co.nz and www.hotrod.org.nz

19. The Voodoo Kreeper

The Voodoo Kreeper

you know as well as i do that its only a matter of time 97. the govt will yet again stick its nose into our lives and dictate to us what is 'best for us'.

and so some know, my real name is ricki....the aussie that is mentioned above, and the partner of emma - owner of the chopped and slammed 54 desoto. over here after being exited from aussie for having relations with a girl that wasnt my direct family. hahaha.

20. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Sweet pics Mr Morrow. You should be sellin' those at events!:cool:
    Cheers for postin' them.

21. flatheadv8s

flatheadv8s
    from australia

Yeah, I'm a frustrated Kiwi living in Oz as we can't build hot rods they way they should be built. No fenderless highboys here. To many laws and hot rodding here is 10 years behind the USA and NZ. There are very few rodders here who know what a real hot rod is. Also to many politics within the rodding scene instead of getting on with the deal, building hot rods and being able to enjoy them without looking over your shoulder in case someone dobs you in.

22. Alfster

Alfster

Great photos Alistair.

Nice to have caught up with you on the day. Real sorry to hear about Aaron.

Give our regards to the folk at Wellsford.

Ian (Alfster) & Val

23. tanalised

tanalised

Thanks Ian
    appreciate your sentiments.
    Thanks for looking thru the photos.
    Aaron probably would have come down with me to this event; he came through to Kumeu and really enjoyed it; however it was not to be.
    Al

24. tanalised

tanalised

Here's one for you Alfster; haven't seen it posted here.
    I like the plaque stating you club affiliation.

Attached Files:

25. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Thanks for posting the pics!

26. Fenderskirt

Fenderskirt

Excellent pics tanalised! Haven't seen any photographers in NZ with such good pics. (I like the more arty shots - rather than the picture where you just put the camera on an angle....)

27. tanalised

tanalised

Kia ora bro
    Thanks for the support. It's amazing what you can do with a program like photoshop! The scope for expression is endless. These 'rods ooze class and style and are a great subject.

28. fullhouse296

fullhouse296
    from Australia

Grew up in auck .hated the place .rains 4 days out of 5 .everything rusts,the dollar is worth nothing and brown hates white to death .PASS.lovin it in ozzy past 26 yrs. More rods .more parts more of everything rodding related.and sunny days almost always !

29. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Great pics thanks and that V-12 flat head is WILD.........Jack

30. The Voodoo Kreeper

The Voodoo Kreeper

yeah, and fellow hot rodders who dob you in if your car managed to beat the aussie system, so they whinge out of jealousy. and you also get the joy of being able to build hot rods that have to have fenders and make the otherwise said car, very ugly in most cases. and you get to pay stupid amounts of money for registration each year, versus our $80 a year. and you have to tolerate a bunch of poodle skirt wearing wannabees who know jack shit about cars, but they listen to elvis, so they must be hot rodders.

and mate, im an aussie, but i prefer living and hot rodding in nz anyday. and we aint soft like the aussies. top down, rain or shine, we're out there loving it. :D