Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see Roth signed originals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53burb, Mar 25, 2007.

1. 53burb

53burb

I know that this is maybe a little off topic other than cars but, Roth was a big influence in the car culture and was an innovative human and an original Beatnik. I just picked up a signed Roth piece off e---. If anyone has an original or signed Roth piece, please post away here on this thread and if there has already been a thread about this, let me know. KNUX!.......this is a print but signed.

Attached Files:

2. MADMILLER

MADMILLER
    from Las Vegas

these were giving to me ten years ago by a old timer ...

Attached Files:

3. Muttley

Muttley

How about a shirt that my Dad gave me for my 11th birthday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Oscar73

Oscar73
    from Seattle

That's way cool, Muttley! Not very many Roth airbrushed shirts around...

I just sold this little piece on eBay a couple weeks ago... kinda kleaning out the kollection... it's original t-shirt art, hand-inked by who knows... Gary Mizar, Mark Balfe, Jimmy C... I couldn't track it down.

Attached Files:

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I've still got the shirt I ordered from Roth in the late 60s when I was in the service. It's probably in the attic in my seabag.
    "Never Fear, the Coast is Clear!" picturing a Coastie on river patrol with a gook by the neck and an MG in his other hand.
    He did one for every service branch.

6. A fellow club member knows I'm a big fan and gave me this signed hat last year. :cool:

[​IMG]

7. 31whitey

31whitey

just scored a signed photo of the man...was signed EDWARD ROTH....i was told it was from the early sixties...anyone have anthing signed Edward Roth...or did i get bamboozeld(sp)....thanks Whitey

8. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

I have a signed book. I'm too stoopid to post a picture. As an aside, I live 28 miles from Ed's house in Utah. Wayno

9. RF

RF

R.K. Sloane

10. tinmann

tinmann

I have a '28 roadster dash rail hung up in my shop office signed by Roth and notable others. He signed it at Bonneville '98.

11. Oscar73

Oscar73
    from Seattle

Interesting... sure doesn't look like Sloane's work... Jimmy C came up with the beaked eyeball if I remember correctly, seeing it first on his painted trash cans. If it's Sloane's work, it's radically different from his other Roth work.

12. Lil John

Lil John

I had met Roth a ew times in my 45 years...Never had him sign anything till the last time I met him...Not knowing it would be the last time...He signed this book..A large purple book titled KUSTOM KULTURE...Just asked him to sign it and this is what I got back...Don't ask, I have no idea what he ment...

Attached Files:

13. mikes51

mikes51

The writing says, "does a rod need 4 wheels?". Then it's signed wierd, "regards from me" :confused:

14. rainh8r

rainh8r

I have a T-shirt he signed when we had him at a show in Seattle in the early 90's. I got another one for a friend and he wore it out in the shop.

15. 38pickup

38pickup

here is two that i have.. I was about 9 years old when he did these... I remeber going to the hotel and drawing a rat fink in a blow model A and handing it to im the next day and saying thanks. He looked at me and then said this is good, keep it up kid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. 53burb

53burb

So good so far. Keep the thread alive and keep the posts coming......KNUX! Just wanted to add. I just recieved the 2 prints of Roth that Surf Monkey did that I bought from him. They are kool head shots of Big Daddy Himself. Check out his work.....www.monkey-inc.co.uk. And they came from England too and got here pretty quick!

17. RF

RF

I was just throwing Sloane's name out as a possible candidate--there were so many "unnamed" artists who contributed art for Roth over the years, and many of those who did in the '90s and early-oughts will never get credited. If I were really serious about finding out who's responsible for that, I'd ask Li'l Daddy Dennis.

18. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

this can my dad got at the 91 detroit autorama in 95 it went thought a house fire we had no damage it is signed 3 times and all hand painted by ED ROTH himself

Attached Files:

19. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

first pix

Attached Files:

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Here's my Rat Finks of America certificate, it's pretty yellowed and faded, it's hard to see the date, it's 29th May 1992. He spelled my last name wrong.

[​IMG]

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh yeah, I'm number 654.

22. 53burb

53burb

Nads. That thing looks kool. I have never seen one before or knew of it's exsistance. Ya might want to preserve that a little better.KNUX!

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I can't remember where I found the application for that illustrious club, but I do remember getting it in a hand written envelope which I threw away like an idiot. You got a standard Rat Fink shirt, some stickers and the certificate for $18 or something, I don't remember.
    My Brother Rat Fink shirt was signed but I wore it and washed it, dozens of times, there's not even a smidge of the signature left, shame, oh well.

24. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Heres the ultra rare ORIGINAL Scuz Fink with Dingbat kit , signed.

I'm a collector of Roth stuff. Got roomsful.

Heres a link to my site of all the Roth Model kits
    http://www.kaparich.homestead.com/rothkits.html

I've got more I can post later if you are interested.

25. scoop

scoop

He drew this at the world of wheels in 2000

Attached Files:

26. scoop

scoop

I just wanted him to sign his book this is what he did.It says "everyone must choose".No clue what he meant.

Attached Files:

27. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

If I had a certificate like that signed by Roth, I'd damn well change my name to match.

28. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Here’s a t-shirt that I got at a Pinhead’s Charity Show back in ’98. This was actually the same time that Lil John got his book signed. Ed signed the tee right in the middle and then other pinstripers signed around that. This has some interesting names on it an addition to Big Daddy. It’s also signed by our own safafiknut and unkl ian as well as well other notables as Keith Knecht, Frank ‘Magoo’ Roberts, Greg ‘Coop’ Cooper, Jeff Crank and my big brother Lil John along with a several local stripers.

I used to have a pinstriper’s drag strip that everyone also signed including Ed, but it got lost in a move and now is prolly in a dump somewhere L

[​IMG]

</O:p
    Speaking of ‘Coop’, he’ll be at the Hot Rod Cinematic in June.

And for what it’s worth, during this show, I got the HONOR of taxing Ed and his wife around for the weekend including racing them to the airport to catch their flight out of town. But that’s a whole different thread. But I bring this up because I saw Eileen at a couple shows after Ed’s passing and she remembered me each time And each time she gave me something from her booth of Roth stuff, still thanking me for driving them around and taking them to the airport. So from that, I have a RF hat and a t-shirt signed by her in the pseudo nickname that Ed gave her, ‘Trixie’. This was according to her, RF’s girlfriend.

Vance

29. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Heres another Roth Studios certificate from the early days..A Rat Fink Fan Club Franchise.

30. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

man, I wish when he'd signed my book he'd have gone crazy. I just got a signature but for that I was grateful. :eek:

Attached Files: