Register now to get rid of these ads!

3-22 Art Show!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by G V Gordon, Mar 22, 2007.

1. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

i just hung mine yesterday, looks really good on the wall.

another great show people, keep up the good work

2. TINGLER

TINGLER

Here's a couple other monster shirts from me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

great stuff guys

here is a milk can i did at the Cleveland Autorama..Scal and Eastcoastairbrush.net did the striping on it..I did some other panels but some how forgot to get pics..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

oh yeah.....

This is my little buddy Kyle gettin his hot rod striped by Chooey and Fink...Crazy kid and kool as hell...got a question about cars? ask this kid...He'll blow your mind with the shit he knows!!!

here he is showing his pet birdie
    [​IMG]

5. TINGLER

TINGLER

Why is it that every damn tough guy on a scooter has to flip the bird to the camera? :D

ha ha. That kid is bad ass.

6. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

HERE IS WHAT IVE BEEN WORKING ON

[​IMG]

7. Psychoarts

Psychoarts

I have a few things this week. I striped a bit at the Cleveland Autorama with Dag and J-bird.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    lettering by Scal

[​IMG]

knocking the webs from my brushes after a dry spell. :D

8. Am I gay because Tinglers art makes my Junk Hard?

9. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

This is really an ‘Art Show’ AND a ‘What did you get done this week’ post but I’m putting it here.

I had this old cooler that I wanted to use as a battery box that would be bolted into the trunk. Being mounted in the trunk, I figured it ought to look cool. So I decided to paint it with a cool soda pop logo. Well, I didn’t want the ‘done to death’ Coke logo so I went with Dew, not because I like the drink, but the little hillbilly dude. Besides, the coupe it’s going into is a darker green, so it should work well in there.

This was all done in base coat/clear coat. I intentionally left it looking a little rough around the edges for that ‘distressed’ look as well as the reason I didn’t repaint the lid. Stuff like this prolly would have been screen printed back in the day and they weren't as concerned with QC then as now. Let’s see what kind of dings and dents I can add while installing it! This photo was taken before the clear and the flash kinda washed out the green a little. It's actually a little brighter then what is shown here.
    <O:p</O:p

So anyway, there it is…

</O:p
    [​IMG]

Vance

10. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

did some pinstriping work on a 38 ford custom over the week inter. work the guy (frank) is puttin a 65 ford thunderbird seats in the car . so there was a gap between the two backseats so he made this peice out of sheet metal to go in between . the color is a plum and a cream color . he goofed trying to peal tape up after he painted it so i had to go in and fix somestuff up .
    i did not do the 2 that run down it .. thats tape done by frank.

i had to fix the bottom of were they meat .
    and i did the design in gold,orange and ivory.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is the top of that peice . you can see where the paint came up with the tape . he had my fill it in with gold . he has a spider web theme and had me do that in orange . were it ends he has a spider going on it .

this is his ignition panel .
    [​IMG]
    and then i did some for work on the councle he built just lines to separate the colors he painted it plum and cream .

11. wz56km

wz56km

Whew... that is amazing... Any more like this?

12. One more post for the week and I'm done. I think.

Back in '89, when my wife and I moved out to L.A. this was what we drove and how we let people know about the move. I sure miss that old Impala wagon; 327, two toner w/ tinted glass and deluxe interior w/ cold air. Frame broke at the rear swing arm mount 3 days before launch, a quick weld held 'er for a while. You should hear the rest of the story...

[​IMG]

This one is a quick sketch I mocked up as a proposal for the boss as a co-star on the show I'm working on....(Don't tell anybody!)

[​IMG]

Here is a Nova I whipped up one morning. I was thinking Nova, it was on the brain so I released it onto paper.

as it started out, a 1 minute rough:

[​IMG]

As it looked when finished about 20 minutes later:
    I think the Blower is too far to the left but, hey...

[​IMG]

13. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Great Art Show again this week! I just got to get some of my junk in on this one.

Desk Top Art Work # 91 is a rendition of the truck on the Scrap Drive show flyer. Some day I might learn to take pictures. Gene

Attached Files:

14. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

i love the nova sketch! maybe bc i drive one :) looks like mine but i have rally rims on it and no blower hahaha someday maybe

15. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

My kinda girl.. I got an Omega rat packed in my garage, its baby brother, hah.

Got this Shift Knob done this week. Hand painted, with acrylics. Few touchups to do, still see some white dots.

[​IMG]

16. flyingpolock

flyingpolock
    from PHX

Tingler, you rule.
    Dirtydag, cool milk can! ChopperOlli, I love your stuff, and this week's is wild!
    Jigger, just too cool for words, man... love the details you add!
    Everyone.... great work again!

17. The wagon and the Champ had rally rims on them, does that count?
    I counted exactly one lost Chevy center hub, the expensive kind, off the wagon somewhere in some desert between here and there. The desert (and train tracks) can be cruel.

18. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Some 1-Shot I layed down on an old grill shell, then patina'd with my own technique to give it that field-fresh look...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

ha ha
    BAD DONKEE RACE GEAR
    HA Ha ha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

21. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

that would make a great stencil:)

awesome show this week guys, all your art every week never ceases to amaze me!

here's something to look forward to this summer, it's almost finished, still need a few minor graphic changes, but almost ready for production for summer sales ...enjoy. thanks again to Dirty Donny for coming up with such a cool graphic for me.

[​IMG]

22. Here's one I did at Detroit this year.

Attached Files:

23. One from this week;a couple of side boards for a 20's era dump body(still doesn't have a truck to put it on).

Attached Files:

24. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

thanks cab i will be making it into a stencil soon, i just finished a elvis one that i will be posting next week

25. gasser52

gasser52
    BANNED

a little something i did in Math class when i should have been learning algebra HA!

[​IMG]

26. This one was done about 2 weeks ago and now resides in GA as part of an art trade. Backpainted on clear plexi.

Attached Files:

27. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Heres mine for the week yet another shirt. We all gotta eat rite.
    [​IMG]

28. Anderson

Anderson

I don't look at the Friday art post NEARLY as often as I should. Some really amazing talent on this board.

I whipped up yet another "concept" sketch for my modified this week.

Attached Files:

29. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

some photoshop of a picture I took.

after all the bitching of computer generated art I have finally fallen.

Attached Files:

30. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

She looks great bro, you gonna leave it bare metal (no rust)?:D