Register now to get rid of these ads!

If I don't die first.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McPhail, Mar 16, 2007.

1. McPhail

McPhail

.......I think the 56 might be done for Austin.........I might be divorced soon..... or flat broke.......... but this son of a bitch is gonna get done.....the front bumper and grill are STILL at the chrome shop, the rear bumper will have to wait til after Austin to get REchromed, the hood is almost ready to be installed, the front chrome still has to be installed, as well as the stereo and the rest of the interior..........there seem to be neverending mountains to climb and fires to be put out.....can someone remind me why we do this to ourselves?..........I did drive this money pit today for a couple of blocks, the only drawback to that was that I was too busy watching guages and listening to rattles that I forgot to enjoy it............

2. 55kustomline

55kustomline

very cool dennis....see ya in austin

3. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Flat broke, maybe. Divorced, doubt it. Cruisin' Congress in a bitchin' blue '56 Chevy Custom, sippin' on a Dr. Pepper? Damn straight!

4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

hahaha no chance of any pictures from Dennis..... we tried already. Guess we have to go to the Roundup to see it!!

See ya there!!

Malcolm

5. sololobo

sololobo

El-Artist-o, when driving a new hot rod, a basic procedure is good to follow. #1 put the car "IN GEAR" before moving forward. This is to avoid the proverbial "HAMB DRAGS INCIDENT". Good luck on the build brother, hope all is Kool in Koolsville. Yer Pal-Sololobo

6. I've seen some of the interior pieces, There's gonna be a lot of people picking their chins off the pavement when they see it.

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Dennis,

The older I get I'm starting to agree with one of my favorite Ron Myers
    quotes. "All cars suck!!"

Keep the faith brother, I don't care about the fine details. The Chevy has so many kool mild changes you are going to have a blast watching people trying to find all of the changes. Your car is going to be, No, it already is Bad Ass just the way it is. Car shows is not about the cars, it is about the good friends that we are blessed to have. That is really why we do it...........

Happy Trails,

Mick

8. Well at least lets make sure somebody takes some shots of it!! from the buzz here sounds like it'll be pretty bad ass...

9. McPhail

McPhail

I think we may have built up the buzz for this car up too much...... It's just going to be a fairly clean mild custom........with some subtle mods and a kool interior......I'm damn proud of it, it's pretty kool to me, but I'm worried that it might just be kool to ONLY me........

10. I snuck a peak this weekend. Very nice. Have fun with it, I'll see y'all in Paso.

11. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

thats realy all that matters is'nt it? ;) ...i'm sure it'll be great!

12. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Kool to you is all that really counts. IF somebody else dont like it F*@k em

13. sodas38

sodas38

We're all nuts in one way or another. Let me know when I can come down to the shop and see it as I won't make the round up this year.

14. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I know that feeling after getting the 350/350 installed. Get the shakedown stuff out of the way and then you have Roundup weekend to enjoy it-you'll forget about the previous hassles after cruising down Congress!:D

15. Broke and divorced cuz yer wifes skippin her real job to help you on yer car.....Thats priceless:D

Can't wait to see the pics.You'll be smiling all the damn way to Texas no matter if your bumper and grill are done and back on the car in time.You know why?Cuz you can't see those parts when your cruisin down the hiway for the first time in yer new fresh ride......Shiny

16. Von Franco

Von Franco

I feal for you bro.Me and Mrs von Franco are headin to Texas on sat.it will be the 32`s fifth trip there.Lookin forward to seeing the new ride man and you better bring me some real Dr.pepper.lol......................

17. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

You're crazy Dennis....definitely not too much buzz....that car is the cat's meow and It's not even finished. It's clean and smooth........

18. FONZI

FONZI

I feel your pain. Mine has been a long road with many mountains too! Getting close to the peak though!! And I can't wait to cruise down the other side. Sounds to me like you need todo some tattoos when you come back here to california to build your checkbook back up!

FONZI