Register now to get rid of these ads!

some pics for the night shift

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by highboy_04, Sep 19, 2006.

1. highboy_04

highboy_04
    from Kansas

here are a few "updated" pics. not alot different but its got steering (almost) and the brakes are almost done they just need the lines plumbed. also got the sub floor almost done. i didnt finish the driver side because the clutch pedal isnt set up yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. grouchy

grouchy

Man, I LIKE what you're doing! Remember hotrodding is about being an individual, keep it safe and us posted!

3. highboy_04

highboy_04
    from Kansas

here is another cowl pic. i still havent trimmed any more or anything.

[​IMG]

4. guiseart

guiseart

passengers gonna LOVE that Ebrake handle man! I like 'em, looks like a fun yard full of goodies... PM'd ya back about that engine.

5. highboy_04

highboy_04
    from Kansas

hey thanks, trust me the passenger seat is roomy compared to the drivers seat.

6. highboy_04

highboy_04
    from Kansas

we fired this car up a few weeks back and there are no issues with the engine and the tin. just thought i would bring this back hopefully next weekend i will have some more updated pics.

7. highboy_04

highboy_04
    from Kansas

8. Well,your headlights are too small. Couldn't you find any big ones? Just kidding. Looks cool now with some paint on it. I'd definately drive it. Just wondering,do you only have one leg? Looks like the shifter is right where your right leg should be. Am I wrong,or is between your legs?

9. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

10. Are you having"FUN"?That's what really counts!

11. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

in the very last pic, it looks like the shifter is where his right elbow belongs...maybe I'm wrong...

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The only thing you have to know, understand, remember and abide by is the scrub line rule.
    If you don't , you'll likely pay for your error, and arrogance, by a demolished car, a trashed drivetrain, or possibly the big "D" for you, your passenger/s or some poor traveler/s on the highway.
    Some simple sensible rules apply to all things mechanical.

13. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Personally, I don't much care for it, but I do appreciate what you've done, created, and accomplished. I think the biggest problem I have is that I try to see myself getting into it - bad knees, back, and at 6'3" and 260, it'd be a pain. But hey, you built it, and you like it, so thrash and enjoy!

As a side note: I would try to move all of the rear brake lines to the front side of the rear end in an effort to "hide" them as much as possible. I know you are still building, but I think this would dramatically clean up the rear and almost make it look like you have no brake harware present! Just my opinion.

Overall, I think it looks great and you should enjoy it!

14. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

hey man from one young en to another keep up the cool shit dont worry about the old timers theyll catch on

if they were true rodders they would probabley have a comment about how cool it is cause thats the way they were doing em back in the day

but hey fuck em its yours and you built it

good luck man and shrug em off they just hatin

15. What he said. I can't count the number of times I've been asked when I'm going to finish my car, or something like "Why would you want to have a paint job thats not shiny?" Some people just don't get it and they never will. Just remember, the car/truck was built the way YOU like it.

16. highboy_04

highboy_04
    from Kansas

my scrub line is fine i measured it the day i took these pics.

17. highboy_04

highboy_04
    from Kansas

also the shifter is between my legs

18. haring

haring

Aw, crap.

It's back.