Register now to get rid of these ads!

totally gnarly barn find, 18 + cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by devinshaw, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devinshaw

devinshaw

A buddy and I just looked in a old barn across the street from his house and there are 17 thunderbirds, and a 1956 f600 ramp tow truck from an old speed shop. Most of the t birds are 58-60, and about 5 of those are convertibles, theres a couple newer ones 61-66. and 2 55-56. There are 2 enclosed car trailers with who knows what. I am trying to find out who ownes them and have my eye on a 59 convertible that would make a mighty fine wild 60's Kustom.

2. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

if you find anything out and they are willing to part with anything i would be very interested in the ramp truck. But, somehow i dont think they will be getting rid of anything

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I am friends with the land owner. They are not abandoned and there is a long list of people in front of you.

4. How do you start...?

"Hi, I was trespassing on your land and snooping into your shit..."

If someone came to me and told me they knew all the shit I had in my barn, I'd blow their fucking head off....

JOE:cool:

5. devinshaw

devinshaw

Hey Tommy

I was told he bought the land a few years ago with all the cars in the barn. Is he not interested in selling any?

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

The cars are not for sale. I think that about says it all.

7. hatch

hatch
    from house

I agree.....armed and dangerous is the only way to be.

8. Larry T

Larry T

If they were mine, I wouldn't be too happy about someone snooping around and I SURE wouldn't be happy about it being posted on the internet.
    Larry T

9. Sure but hasn't nearly every young hotrodder who has ever seen an abandoned looking barn full of T-Birds gone to see what it was all about I mean haven't we all done it

10. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Thats awesome. I have never done that but my friends have. Saved a lot of tin that way too.

Im sure they will sit there and once the old guy croaks they will get crushed. Just to be the guy that has 18 vintage Fords that "arent for sale". How cool.

11. yeah no joke if it wouldn't of been for snoopin in somebodys property a buddy of mine would of never bought his 64 chevelle

12. Chopped26

Chopped26

There are a ton of old barns around here that I would love to take a peak in but my balls arent as big as they were when I was 18. I say go for it all they can say is no .

13. JamesG

JamesG

It never hurts to ask.

14. S.F.

S.F.

heres what you do....carry a leash with you "Hi I lost my dog and chased it on to your property, just happened to notice a few old cars in your barn when i was chasing it, wanna sell any of them?"

15. rodknocker

rodknocker

I think it would be cool to get a bunch of hambers together,and do an old tin search cruise.Get some finished cars from the 30s,40s,&50's go for a country ride and stop at the suspect barns go to the house or land owner showing your craftsmanship in the open, and inquire about any "old tin"...3 possibilities could happen,you're told to get lost, you sit and chat and hear some good stories and leave empty handed, or you score some tin...I know just a dream

16. I'd blow your dog's head off too...

Stay away from other people's shit unless you're invited... What's so hard to understand about that...?

Most people aren't even as nice as me...

17. right, i'm guilty of doing that dozens of times and thankfully i never was shot and i was even doing it in BFE, Texas i never stole nothin and most of the time i'd meet the owner and most of the time they were some old guy who was going to "fix her up pretty soon" but of course they never get to doing anything to em and they usually go to waste but hey I guess thats what they want to do

18. Thats a good point to alot of times when i've inquired about somebodys car its an older guy and he tells me some old war stories of racing or some other story about the car even if he don't want to sell junkyarddog32 sounds like my dad the whole world is out to steal all your shit and if anybody gets even close to whatever they need to be shot

19. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse

A buddy and I did that as teenagers, we were looking for Mopar musclecars, found a 68 GTX owned by a certifiable nutjob vet who couldn't remember what year it was or who the president is but could spin a story for hours about shooting a deer just up the road...........word got out about it and over the course of 3 years parts ran away from that GTX as fast as the owner lost his marbles..........damn aluminum cooking pots and mental health issues......

20. 1) I like your dad...:)
    2) They are...:eek:
    3) They do...:mad:

The many faces of Joe...:D

Ask the guy who's barn was just inventoried what he thinks...

21. ronnyg801

ronnyg801

I wouldnt be pleased if someone had been on my land but I personally wouldnt go blowing heads off either and I would suspect if you would really do it, you wouldnt be here.

You could just make some BS story "my uncles brothers friend said you had a bunch of old cars and I was seein if you wanted to part with one".

One thing I have never been able to grasp and I have come across it a time or two is an older gentleman who can barely hear, see or walk says he is gonna restore it in the next lil bit. I dont know how young they think they are but the ones I am speaking of are ones that I have seen sitting there for a good five years in the same spot. Im sorry but to me at that age if you are gonna get to it, you would have gotten to it already.

But whatever each person has a right to do what they will with their stuff in this country. But like other threads lately I would hate to see it go to the crusher or just rot to nothing.

I guess I am just jealous cause I havent caught the break/find.

22. hatch

hatch
    from house

Sure...snoop around my barn....or my garage...how about my house....go ahead, maybe today is your lucky day and if you are REAL lucky you'll get to meet some new friends at the hospital or police station....and if I'm lucky, you will meet your maker. Sorry if you are offended, but my shit, is my shit, not your shit to touch, or peek through my windows at. My home, wife, kids, cars, dog, etc etc etc will be protected by me. If you come on my property looking around, how do I know the purpose of your little visit???.....I just assume you are up to no good and will deal with it in my own way.

23. S.F.

S.F.

Well, thats how ive gotten a few cars and alot of good parts, may not be the right thing to do but its worked for me.

24. good point but when yo see this old decrepet barn and you see a ford in there you gotta go see especially if there is nothing else on the property when you do those things you gotta use your head and like someone mentioned earlier he prolly wont do much with 18 tbirds anyhow as for you likin my dad you prolly would

25. hatch

hatch
    from house

The more I think about this, I can't believe people actually snoop around on private property, and lying to the owners their intentions.... It ain't the sixties anymore....peace and love are history..... With all the crackheads, meth freaks, and just plain trash snooping around, it's gotta be dangerous...especially at my house. Gettin dead isn't worth a look at cars that won't be for sale till the owners estate auction.

26. martell06

martell06

i'm planning on knocking on some doors this summer. politely asking if there are any cars in the barn seems like the best way to not get shot.

27. well we also need to be aware of where we are there aren't a whole whole lot of crackhead, meth freaks around a part of the country where there is an old abandoned barn know if there was wouldn't they want to steal something a little easier to sell? and i agree on your protection policy don't snoop around my house either but if i got an old abandoned barn filled with stuff i'll never use well...

28. If I see a property that might have anything of interest to me, I go to my plat book. You can get one at the county clerk's office for like $20...
    I open that book and HOLY SHIT...!!! The owner's name is RIGHT THERE...!!! Who'da thunk it...???
    Why, now, with this new-found information... I can call him on the phone and ask if he may have anything of interest he may wish to sell.

If I did it much of any other way... I'd expect my head to be blown off...

29. and hell they didn't steal nothin they got on here to try and find somebody who owns the stuff to see if they would sell it

30. i didn't thunk it never heard of such a book. Then again most people where i come from don't really mind you lookin at there stuff I guess you would call it old school mentality or something but folks where i live usually don't see much harm in people lookin in there old run down barn and most don't see no since in killin somebody over it then again ya'll are probably from up north or california or something where nobody trusts anybody and by the way I know from experience that snooping around though dangerous will often times get you the best deals that a voice on a phone just won't

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.