Register now to get rid of these ads!

do you think this will work? 2600 miles?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TWEKD1, Feb 27, 2007.

1. ray

ray
    from colorado

i agree with the guys who said go for it. FWIW i've met most all of the guys who said it'll work, none of them are idiots.

only thing i'd do different is smack the trunklid of the cage a few times with a sledgehammer so it looks like the bike rear ended you! :eek:

2. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

This is not the first time this has been done. Make sure you remove the chain (or belt) and go for it. The worst problem I had was backing up if I had to. (Never could back up a trailer).:)

[​IMG]

3. I think it will work or NOT!!! Only way to find out is to try but it could also be an expensive tryout so to say!! Good luck anyway..........

4. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

I've done this many, many times. Built a unit about 20 years ago and stiill got it . Sure glad some of these "mechanically inclined" types know what in hell they are talking about. BAD advice is worse than no advice at all. The bike will pivot naturally, if you secure the handlebars. My brother had a VW trike, and we were always towing that piece of s*#t with this set-up. Go for it. We all ain't rich....Ole Pork

5. headdunce

headdunce

Only one way to find out.... looks like someone is headed to Bike Week - have fun and bring back good pictures! :D

6. mercury Bill

mercury Bill

Yep what he said..

7. TWEKD1

TWEKD1
    from chicago

8. It'll never work! :p

9. No worries...Rice rockets are like Doritoes...they'll make more!

10. lexistars

lexistars
    from Fontana

Hmmm this smells like trouble...

11. rodrelic

rodrelic

Made one like that, central Texas to NY, BSA on a early Chevy Luv, no problems. Ratchet straps weren't invented then, small chains went from plates on fender mounts, axle went through holes in fabbed hitch addition. Routed truck tail light wire into the headlight to connect with bike taillight wire
    No sweat.
    When you are poor and have time, fill the gap with creativity

12. Buzz

Buzz
    from Illinois

Remove the chain? And to think I was just going to tie back the clutch. I'd go 50 but not 2600.

13. TINGLER

TINGLER

The dude said it worked and there are still guys replying saying, "That'll never work".

Do you guys actually READ the threads or just go straight to the reply button?

I'd think that actually reading the thread might be helpful.

(why am I typing? Nobody will read it anyhow. :( )

14. specialk

specialk

Thanks for that info. I would really like to get a trailer to ride the bike sometimes during vacation, but really don't want to spend $600 when HF has those trailers for 1/4 that.

Nice to know that many others before me have tried and succeeded, I think I'm gonna score one NOW!