Register now to get rid of these ads!

What did ya get done this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbilly, Mar 11, 2007.

1. I apologize if someone else posted the customary weekend post already, I searched first to make sure...didn't find one.

anyway, here's what I've been working on...it's not DONE, but are they ever? I still have to do the doors, and get the top straightened out, and all squared away and level. It's not permanently attached just yet, just tacked into place...the passenger side needs a bit of tweaking to get it level...spare time this week and upcoming weekend will find that being done.

[​IMG]

I know, I know...impractical, but it's a pile of rust that's been sittin' and takin' up space for too long anyway

[​IMG]

some will like it, some wont...was fun doing regardless.

2. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I thought someone wouldnt ask!
    I got all the nit picky stuff done on the late nights after work this weekend....hadda get it done, all new stainless fuel line up to the fuel pump, and finished off the details on the tri-power set up I started installing 2 months ago (my time has been in short supply as of late) got everything adjusted, valve train re adjusted, plugs and ignition wired, and everuthing tidied up...threw a rough in tune job on it....got it running strong...was doing great till my timing light crapped out on me....once I get my light fixed I'll throw the final tune on it and we'll be ready for some multi carb crusin...I may have to run hoodless for a bit! I'm a very pleased dude....looks great, and even without it being tuned up all the way runs awesome!!!...I like it!

Attached Files:

3. jerry

jerry

48-50 cab?

Got a 50 five window myself.

jerry

4. Little_E

Little_E

I FINALLY got to drive my Edsel for the first time. Let me tell you if you've never used it ... SeaFoam is right up there in my book!!! Last fall found out the trans wouldn't downshift, upon the advice of an old trans guy in my area we used seafoam to clean it and replaced the filter and fluid then waited for the weather to clear. Took it out today, she shifted like a dream!!! She's been a cantankerous old whore, but days like today renew your faith in projects like the Edsel and put a fire under your ass to get shit done!!!

5. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

We hacked out the old trans crossmember from my son's '52, tacked the new one in, positioned the new motor, and trans, got the angle set, and the motor solidly set, ready to fab up the new motor mounts.

Installed the new dropped spindels on my '39, buttoned up the front suspension put it back on the ground - looks really awsome, with the new stance. Got the right rear wheel where the drum wasn't dragging. Another weekend or two, should be moving under it's own power again!!

J.

6. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I spent some time hacking and cutting on my A frame making the rear step. It's about ready to tack back together finally.

7. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I fixed someone elses car and did nothing to any of mine.

8. kropduster

kropduster

i just got home from helping a club member drag this outta the woods....

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      59.4 KB
      Views:
  9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Yard work, scraping paint and the March Meets. Oh yeah and did I mention yard work and scraping paint?...... Wonderful

10. slamdpup

slamdpup

not what the fuck i wanted to get done

11. david4991

david4991
    from Louisiana

Put a new master cylinder in, ran a new aluminum fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump, got her running, bled the brakes, and got her stopping.
    Next weekend is some floorpans and I'm good to go.

12. I started Friday. You never get as far as you want you know? I'll post the whole shebang once I'm done. 5" in the front, 4" in the rear. The back glass is 1.5" shorter and 1.5" wider.

Attached Files:

13. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Work, sleep. More of the first.

14. fleetside66

fleetside66

Started the filler work on my chop seams on my '33 truck...it's only about a millionth of an inch of filler mind you...well maybe two millionths. We're due to have three whole days of mild (work in the driveway type) days here in PA, so I should have the thing in primer by the end of that stretch.

15. brainfrz

brainfrz

Cleaned the straps for my gas tank which was dropped off this week to get cleaned and sealed. Played in the sun (75-80deg) with my two girls. Also did some wiring verification on the head light switch. Talked to my neighbor about his 51 Shoebox.

Nice Cali weekend though!
    Jon

16. 47 Tudor Guy

47 Tudor Guy

Yesterday I went to the Autorama with a buddy. Today I got all the brake and fuel lines bent and installed on the chassis of the 47 Tudor. The front brake hoses will be in tomorrow so hopefully I will be bleeding the brakes by next weekend.

17. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Working on a 12' long x 30" deep x 38-1/2" High storage cabinet for my shop.
    Getting rid of the 8' long stainless top work bench and moving every thing up to the ceiling.
    The next project will be a 30" deep x 40" long x 36" high work bench on wheels to go with my welding table.
    The UPS deleveried the fitting to finish my fuel system so tomorow I'll work on that.

18. Rex Schimmer

Rex Schimmer
    from Fulton, CA

Finished my tranny tunnel and most of the floor, pics attached, also fabbed up breather can for engine, had Vern Tardel louver the hood side panels and got started on wiring.

It's only time and money that prevent me from getting it on the street!!!

Rex

Attached Files:

19. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Put this in another thread but will recap here.

Motor mounts for My A, cut from old V8 crossmember.

Attached Files:

• mm.JPG
      mm.JPG
      File size:
      56.1 KB
      Views:
    • mm1.JPG
      mm1.JPG
      File size:
      42.5 KB
      Views:
    • junk.JPG
      junk.JPG
      File size:
      39.1 KB
      Views:
  20. yep...I think it's a 49, bought it for $25 about a year ago, cab and frame, rolling chassis w/no engine or trans. The hood was yanked from the welding shop's scrap pile at the local college. The doors have the one piece windows. It's got a 250 sittin in it for now, the frame was going to go under my son's '49, but he's decided he wants to go the route like others on here and use an s-10 frame, but run a 235/threespeed.

21. Hip

Hip

I got the rest of the frame boxed up front of my '59 p/u, and the the big block dropped into place, now the mad rush is on to get it completely road worthy for Ray's BB-Q!!! I also did some dash work on "Mighty Mouse's" bug, (it's amazing how dirty you can get in the tight confines of a VW! DAM'N! :eek:

22. well, mostly, I just did a lotta mezshurin' and thinkin', an vizualizin', and ordering a few thangs on the plastic money fob, so next weekend I kin git/er done some more...:D

23. TexasDeuce

TexasDeuce

My son (The Goon) and I intended to re-paint the hubcaps for the Edsel. We took over the kitchen table. As it tuns out my daughter and my wife got involved and pretty much hogged the project.

This was pretty cool 'cuz it became a family affair that the whole family got involved. I gotta say seeing my wife working on car stuff is, well, HOTT!

Attached Files:

24. blown348

blown348
    from Finland

I´ve been doing a lot(actually these have been done in couple of weekends) Wiring is almost done, still have do lights and engine wiring. put in new master cylinder, made clutch lingage. Bolted engine and transmission in place. front spring are in place. Now it´s time to get back to bodywork(lots of sanding to do) so I can get some paint on the car. this is what she looks right now.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

no pic... but I started stuffing my bbc into my 48 dodge. IT is requiring a full firewall set back to clear.. ran into issues with the oil pan and have to get a replacement version with a different rear sump area to gain some clearance..

26. Empire32

Empire32
    from FRANCE

27. olddaddy

olddaddy

I installed shocks on a buddy's 41 Plymouth coupe. Then I built crates to ship my 66 Triumph Trophy and a bunch of Triumph parts to England. Another buddy restores them for a living in England. He's about to retire and my Trophy will be one of the last he will do. We've done a few together over the years. This time next year I'll be sitting on my completely restored bike!

28. DeepSouthRick

DeepSouthRick

Finished fixing some wiring issues with my son's 65 Econoline. The last time we were out in the van, the thing went dead in traffic -- wiring issue. So there I am, on the side of the road, with my hands under the dash like I'm giving it a vaginal exam...

Not hard, just annoying crap: replaced the headlight switch & soldered some bad connections. Replaced the ignition tumbler and cleaned up some wiring in that area too. Little crap like that doesn't seem like much, but man, it makes a big-time convenience/reliability difference.

Cleaned out the garage some more -- still finding parts that I *knew* I had but couldn't find.

Took the family out in the 57 Chevy on Sunday, to church and cruising.

29. bastadical

bastadical
    from Fenton, MI

I Spent Thursday at Cobo helping the Nightmares set up their club display (which they ended up winning the award for). Friday I had to work some, but went back down to Autorama Friday Night with my wife. Went back again on Saturday afternoon and ended up getting to spend 2 hours limping my exploder to the closest Murray's to replace the damaged tensioner assembly that died on I75. We ended up going to HRLC's party and I got fucking trashed.

As for real work, I managed to get the interior of the Falcon ripped out, the inside vacuumed as well as the trunk, started working on one of the creases on the rear quarter panel, and got about 2/3 of the screws and bolts out to remove the front quarters and grill.