Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama Pictures (sort of...)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bastadical, Mar 9, 2007.

1. bastadical

bastadical
    from Fenton, MI

I took a lot of picks during setup yesterday... I didn't want to post like 150-200 pics in the thread so here are some links for you guys to download them. Sorry of you are bandwidth challenged as they are about 30-35MB each folder... more will be on the way. The files are uploading at the present but I have to go to work so I am posting now. The links should work fine in about 30 minutes or less...

http://www.donnelltech.com/Autorama1.zip
    http://www.donnelltech.com/Autorama2.zip
    http://www.donnelltech.com/Autorama3.zip
    http://www.donnelltech.com/Autorama4.zip

2. Jey

Jey

3. bastadical

bastadical
    from Fenton, MI

You mean a 86 chevy astrovan with some gay graphics on the side or a bone stock civic hatchback aren't your idea of cool?

I know what you mean... I found myself being drawn to a few of the builds but then finding myself asking WTF about some of the others. I lieft before the downstairs area was done loading in so I missed some of the stuff but will be getting to see it and get pictures over the next 2 days.

Beyond the cars, I met some people from the HAMB that I had never seen before and got to see some people again that I hadn't in a while. The HAMB meet and greet at the Nightmare's display (those are the guys I came down with) was pretty good and it was nice talking to Fast Elvis and HRLC again.

4. Jey

Jey

I used to have a channeled and built fullsize truck. It was clean, classy, and most importantly, finished. I just don't understand why the mentalitly is it's okay to take your 92% unfinished 48% stock ride, to such a high profile show. I can understand the autozone stuff... but come on. I dunno. Just glad I'm outta that scene now.

Oh well!

5. Jey

Jey

not to get too much off topic, i did get the enjoyment of watching a guy put his cutom 'paint' on his ride at the show. Just peel and stick, bumper to bumper custom... It was amazing.

6. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Why in the hell do you widen a dodge ram?

7. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

You shoulda went a little farther forward from that burgandy 32 roadster and got a pic of the coupe with the moon tank with the hamb stickers on it :D At least i know my car is still there. Im heading down in about 45 minutes. I couldnt make it yesterday just wednesday and then we didnt stay very long after we got the car unloaded and parked. Ill tell ya i saw some really fucked up cars from the snow and salt we had tuesday night. Some guys really had some cleaning to do. I forgot i had some water on mine and i didnt wipe it down.. I need to check that out soon as i get in today.. I woulda took some pics but like the dumb ass i am i left my camera laying in the garage after we loaded up
    Dave:cool:

8. Thanks for the great photos. I sure wish I could have made it this year, but no such luck. I agree that you like some and not others, but that is the Autorama.

9. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Its interesting.. People have different tastes. i only saw 3 ridler cars wednesday and 2 of em i didnt care for at all.. We will have to see how they do. According to denise they have a bunch of first time ridler cars this year..
    Dave;)

10. Jey

Jey

I was not impressed by many of the ridlers. There's a 55 or 56 there that's got more waves on it than a football game crowd...

jusjunk, sorry I didn't snap a pick of your car, I do remember seeing it though I believe. Looked Good!

11. Yeah , that copper and white 56 Chevy was very friendly down the passenger side.

12. tchurch

tchurch

Downloaded the ZIPs. We were up in Detroit picking up some engine parts from a couple of HAMB'rs, and simply decided to pass Autorama knowing that someone would make sure pictures were available.
    Thanks again...

13. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

I think it's like an expensive steak, overdone's a little tough to swallow.

14. hatch

hatch
    from house

There seemed to be alot of cars that weren't in running condition.....especially in the basement. The show was OK....but not thrilling.

15. wz56km

wz56km

Damn, if I knew somebody was coming up from Pittsburgh I would have asked you to bring up some Iron City, and a Primentti Bros. sandwich (but that probably wouldn't have traveled well).

I don't like Autorama because it is always too packed and it's hard to take any picutures plus I'm not a huge fan of indoor shows. BUT after rotting inside all winter long it's nice to go look at some cars and know that springtime is right around the corner.

There were some cool stuff upstairs, The FED's, the Willey's gasser, some of the SoCal cars, plus a few others that I'm sure I'm forgetting (Oh the Ionia rod shop car). Downstairs had some cool stuff too, I loved the white 47 ford (anyone have any pictures of that), the suede blue T, a couple of neat kustoms, etc. Plus I like looking at a crazy mix of cars, even if it's stuff that I'm not really into.

So was I slightly dissappointed, yeah, will I go again next year... probably.

16. GooGooMuck

GooGooMuck
    from Tacoma, WA

'Cause his girlfriend and her sister were tired of riding in back......

[​IMG]

17. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Mercy, Is that what Elvis meant when he sang about "a hunk, a hunk of burning love"?

18. UPSrodder

UPSrodder

Excuse me. just lost my breakfast on the desk. BRB with paper towels.