Register now to get rid of these ads!

L'ville swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crestliner, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Crestliner

Crestliner

March 10-11, Ky state fair grounds. Who's going?

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'll be there Saturday with 2 other hambers

3. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I will be there Saturday with my Dad. This is usually a good one. Crowded but worth it.

The pork chop sandwiches are worth the drive down.

4. Me and lurker Roger will be there Friday,Max. You settin' up this time?

5. I'll be coming down from Michigan with a friend on Friday. We'll probably take a swing through the meet on Friday afternoon and then all day on Saturday. We're both delivering some stuff to Advance Plating. Look forward to meeting some of you guys. Have met Crestliner there before.

Charlie

6. brandon

brandon

jim wethington (aka brandon's grandpa) and i will be there sat. wondering thru the crowd.....looking for the deal of the day :rolleyes: ....... brandon

7. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

Anybody setting up a booth? PM me if you've got room for some cranks, or at least a list of them.

There's some good places to eat in L'ville (Mike Lennig's makes great fried fish, beer garden atmosphere if weather cooperates) or my BIL does some wicked ribs/brisket if a group wants to set something up.

Rineyville Model A museum has some neat vehicles, etc. (about 45 minutes away)

Let me know if I can be of help.

8. I'll be there Saturday morning. How about a HAMB meet and greet some where at the swap meet?

9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

hey guys i've ask before,but is this the same ol camaro/chevelle stuff. or is there some old ford/50's chevy stuff. never been just wondering what to expect. and where in l'ville is it?

10. the shark

the shark

i will be there. im new to this board but ive been to the swap twice a year for the past couple of years.

the swap is located at the Fair and Expo Center just a few miles south of downtown off of I-65 and yes, the swap will probably be the same "chevy heaven" that you remember but you can find the odd part once in awhile.

11. Little bit of everything Bruce.You won't be disappointed. It's at the fairgrounds by the interstate(where they have the lawnchair Nats:p) I think it's in the West(?) wing

12. the-rodster

the-rodster

I plan on going.

Rich

13. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

you going?sent you a p.m.

14. andysdeuce

andysdeuce
    Member Emeritus

I'll be there Sat. morning with 3 or 4 of my friends. I'll swing by your booth and pay for the grill shell and then pick it up as we are leaving. Maybe we could have a meet at crestliners booth Sat. Whadda you think ??? Max has some cool stuff for us traditional guys. Check out his booth spaces.

15. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Max, Do you know about where your booth spaces will be? I will stop and say Hi.

16. monsterflake

monsterflake

if you find a decent '68 chevelle, get me the number...:p

17. KY Boy

KY Boy

I'll be there Sat morning

18. Crestliner

Crestliner

Yea, B25-28. I'll try to get my HAMB sign on the trailer.

Don, I have the grille loaded.

19. Tacson

Tacson

I plan on attending. I will watch this post for more info on a possible greet and meet. This is one of my favorite swap meets.

20. Crestliner

Crestliner

Will you be with Earl?

21. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Been sick , but will make it down Sat morning sometime. Me and Wally ( Grumpy) we always go to Mazonnis on our way home for a "rolled oyster" sounds terrible but they are awe-sum. Mazonnis has been selling em since the 20's. Might get 29 Sedanman and Thurman to go with us , beats the pork chops anyday.

22. pullinlines

pullinlines
    from indy

anytime there's a pork chop samitch around you'll find my buddy the 29 sedanman!
    pullinlines
    don't leave out trixies on your way home

23. Talked to Crestliner there this afternoon. About 60% were moved in. Saw a lot of nice stuff, bought some fabrication stuff and got a smokin' buy on a pair of 15x8 Halibrand Sprints with new bigs on em. Looking forward to getting back out there tomorrow.

It was 24 degrees when we left Muskegon and 72 degrees in Louisville. Love it.

Charlie

24. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I will bring ya some Bubbas Hot Sauce to hand out to HAMBER's. See ya tomorrow.:eek: :eek:

25. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

I'll be there Saturday. Prolly in the afternoon...

26. Thanks Bubba, I got a bottle. I'll give a review after I get it home.

Charlie

27. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I went today,there was a lot of projects on trailors and project/drivers in the parking lot (as usual) when I got there. But while I was inside they were announceing some bull about (Any cars in the parking lot with a for sale sign in the window would be towed because it was gov. property and that wasnt allowed on gov. property) when I came back out most of the cars were gone and the ones that were still there had the signs gone out of the windows. That sucks!
    Seeing all the cars in the parking lot has been half of the fun for me in years past.

I could see it maybe if a guy had a booth set up in the parking lot but a for sale sign in the window???????

28. Tacson

Tacson

Me and buddy heard that as well as we were walking around. We thought that was the one of the more stupid things done this year. For crying out loud. You could sell inside but you could not leave a sign on your vehicle saying it was for sell. Just crazy. I enjoyed the meet though picked up some weatherstripping, a chrome overflow tank, and a couple metalworking books and video.

29. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I didnt have a project to buy for this year nor the money to buy one today, but I couldnt resist going.
    I still managed to spend about a hundred bucks though????

30. phat rat

phat rat

Smokin huh? In line with the Iola deal?