Register now to get rid of these ads!

One Shot Advice Needed.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Hueso, Mar 8, 2007.

1. What would I have to do in order to clear coat over one shot? I would assume I would have to use a hardener of some sort. Any advice you guys and gals might have would be more than helpful. Thanks...
    Wesley

2. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

usually if i need to clear a stripe job,i just put a couple of drops of hardner from the clear i'm gonna use in the one shot.

george

3. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

or One-shot has their own hardener

4. TBonez

TBonez

Never used it but have heard that even with the hardner there is still some cases where the stripes lift. Check out some of the forums on the stripers page on this site. www.sketchkult.com

5. Thanks for the advice. I know it will be a little nicer having stripes with less wrinkles. Blessings...
    Wesley

6. pullinlines

pullinlines
    from indy

on clearing over one shot the way that i do it is let the 1 shot set for at least 24 hours then the 1st 3 coats i will lightly dust on then you can put your clear on the way that you would do.
    good luck with it!
    your pinstripin' buddy pullinlines
    a.k.a. lit'lbill

7. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Or you could use the House of Kolor paints, you can clear right over them. They're kinda wierd though