Register now to get rid of these ads!

nightmare modified, almost ready!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sephgato, Mar 4, 2007.

1. sephgato

sephgato
    from fenton

Well, I think it is gonna come down to the wire, but I think I will be able to drive it into autorama. Marc D came by tonight (much appreciatted) and put the numbers on for me, I set up the gas pedal, steering, fuel lines, and a few other things. any luck it should be done wednesday night.
    Check it out, anyone who is close to fowlerville, MI that wants to come out Maonday/Tuesday or wednesday night to help get it ready will be more than welcome. I can provide some beverages, pizza whatever. Pm me if your into a thrash!:eek:

Attached Files:

2. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

lets see a pic of the whole thing

3. 39delux

39delux

If I lived a little closer I'd be there. It would be about 6 hours round trip drive time from here though. I will say good luck and I hope a few others can make it. I'll be looking forward to seeing the car on Sunday. My work schedule really sucks so I have to do the whole show on one day.

Tom

4. sephgato

sephgato
    from fenton

full pic, the grille shell is leaning back because I just set it against the radiator, thoughts/criticisms???

Attached Files:

• modi.jpg
      modi.jpg
      File size:
      88.2 KB
      Views:

5. Cant wait to see it at autorama. You've been really cranking away on it.

6. Them numbers really do look killer on there!

7. bastadical

bastadical
    from Fenton, MI

Looks pretty rad... Looking forward to seeing it up close. I am gonna try to make it out on Tuesday and see if I can help with any of the finishing touches.

8. sephgato

sephgato
    from fenton

Hopefully it goes smoothly, I appreciatte the help that I have gotten from a few here. Another last minute build, finish it just in time to make the show......I gotta quit doin' this to myself!:rolleyes:

9. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

looks good what motor is in it

10. wedgeii1

wedgeii1
    from california

The firewall needs a little sumthin sumthin but other than that, I likey likey!:D

11. bastadical

bastadical
    from Fenton, MI

Its a Volvo 4banger... Joe was telling me that they make like 155HP and rev to about 7grand...

12. "Its a Volvo 4banger... Joe was telling me that they make like 155HP and rev to about 7grand..."

A little more info when possible please

13. bastadical

bastadical
    from Fenton, MI

That's pretty much all the detail the booze let me remember... I'm sure Sephgato will chime in with some better info later today. I know he had originally planned using a slant 6 for it, but was picking up some motors and stuff for another guy local to him and they started talking about the Volvo engine and he felt compelled to make the change.

14. tjm73

tjm73

What did you make the body out of? It looks like a '30-'31 A closed car body

Pretty cool. I like it. Ever think about laying the windshield back a few degree's?

I couldn't run those front wheels though. Look's like you have Cragar SS wheels. I never liked those.

15. sephgato

sephgato
    from fenton

Engine is a 1963 inline 4 cyl volvo B18.
    makes good power, revs high, 4 speed M40 behind it,
    I have heard that the 544 (donor car) used to be a popular road race car, no mods needed.
    twin SU side drafts. Should be neato. The body was a 31 closed car.
    I dont really know what to make of it, I dont think it fits a name,
    all I know is it's all RACE!