Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who would kill for a set of these...????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rat bastad, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Retroline

Retroline

It's the only way I'd get to own a pair. They shure are purdy though.

2. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

For being how rare these are there sure have been alot of them being listed on e-bay the last few months. Unless it is just the same set being listed over and over.

Neal

3. wedgeii1

wedgeii1
    from california

Cool or not, who spends $9k on 1 set of brakes? Thats more than my whole car is worth...

4. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Kill? Trade my Honas Wagner for it, maybe.

5. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

ok so who wants to go into business popin repos of these??? all we gotta do is get THAT set. and copy them 500,000 times!

im not joking, anyone want to take out a loan=P

6. Not me...

Pimpin' your rod with overly expensive crap like that is no different than telling the world you have a small penis...

JOE:cool:

7. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

Honestly, on a list of rare hot rod parts ( block letter heads, S.Co.T blowers,Hildebrandt valvecovers, etc.) kinmont brakes excite me the least.

8. peanut

peanut

i really don't give a rat turd about them. bla bla! i could get a brookville 32 RPU body for that!

9. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

For some guys it is all about name dropping so we will think they are cool. It is about ego status....NOT function.
    I don't give a rats ass about having something RARE just to impress others.

10. flathead okie

flathead okie

Wish I had a set

TO SELL.

11. What do I need to buy to tell the world I have a BIG penis? Besides bigger pants that is...... :D :D :D

12. OK so no one would really like a set of ArDun heads on ther flathead either??

C'mon guys lets be honest, we love this shit but we cant afford it, so lets just leave it at that.

I mean, we usually rag on parts we can't have (and the people who have them btw) because we can't or won't spend the money on it.

This stuff makes your ride unique.....theyre period, rare parts for fuck sakes. Id bet any of us would grab em in a heartbeat if we had the ca$h.

Just my take....

Rat

13. So far, the money being bid on these is NOTHING compared to the Ferrari owner's manual this guy sold back in January.
    For JUST the owner's manual, spare parts catalogue, and motor manual, NOT including car, some richer-than-I-will-ever-be person spent $6,600.

I paid $4,000 for a WHOLE Mercedes, that came with an owner's manual.
    'Course I can't put it in me back pocket...but I CAN go get groceries...

Then again, the LAST set (of four) of Kinmonts this guy sold went for $14,150.

And I'm still not impressed, still seems like throwing money around to compensate for something...

Cosmo

14. You guys miss the point - its not about being impressed. If some clown wants to pay 15K for a set of Kinmonts or Scot blower then let em.

Im simply saying its about appreciation of rare parts and how if we could afford em we'd prob have em in a heartbeat.

Rat

15. I like rare vintage parts as much as the next guy.
    When a guy tells me he bought a set at a swap meet for $200... THEN I'll be impressed.

PRODIGAL SON- Do like I do... leave XL Trojan wrappers on the floor... and a couple with the tips blown out...:D

JOE:cool:

16. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Just like all the deuce 3 windows, the reason they're all coming up for sale now is the re-pops will be out soon.

http://www.wilsonweldingandmachine.com/

17. I'm really hoping the winner is someone who'll re-pop them so anybody can own a set. (maybe Speedy Bill?) I think they're cool, so I must have a little winkie. I sure wouldn't spend 9 large on them, but four or five hundred, sure. I think it's a great investment. As soon as one car in a magazine has them, everyone will want them.

18. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Well, they're real pretty, and very unusual looking. But, would someone please explain HOW they work? I'm no dumby, and after reading the one question in the auction ad about the mention of "fiber" I still can't put it together. Thanks. BUTCH. ( I hope I'm not alone here.)

19. nope it rather buy a rod, hell i got my 6/71 gm blower complete with v6 truck engine for $50 at a clerance sale. (but I am selling it for $750) .
    "being a tight arse shows you havent been to jail"

20. Howrod

Howrod

They would probably work better than my mechanical linkage that I have on the '32 now. Although, for that kind of cash I could slide a TCI chassis under it.

21. john56h

john56h

Look here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166028

I too, needed a little expanation before I understood the functionality.

22. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

I think its like a clutch when you press the pedel it clamps on like a presser plate thats what he means by fiber I bet it hard to find new pads or what ever you want to call them hopefuly someone will repop them so we all know how they work I would buy a set if it was a decent price no way 9k thats just sick

23. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Thanks john56h and donut29, I can see how they work now, but probably not really that well compared to modern brakes;but visually they are impressive. BUTCH.

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

megamillions lottery will be 300 million next tuesday. if i won that i still wouldn't pay that much for brakes unless I was restoring a famous race car that had them back in the day.

25. swazzie

swazzie

Was thinkin that myself. After doin this car thing for 20 years , and just hearin bout em ..... hmmmmm

26. saltracer219

saltracer219

Kinmonts don't work for shit, even new ones. They look cool though.... Its all a dick swingin contest, just like the Barrett Jackson auctions........

27. hillbillyhell

hillbillyhell

Eh, I wouldn't.

Ardun heads, in a heartbeat. Kinmonts, not so much. If someone unearthed a warehoue full of Buick drums and F250 backing plates, I'd be all over that, though.

I don't think I would have thought they were cool if I were around in the wayback days either. For whatever reason, Kinmonts have never done anything for me...maybe I'm weird.

28. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

I seriously dig original chit, but you have to be able to appreciate it for what it is, not its monetary value. I think there is a HAMBer in Melbourne with a couple :eek: of sets - too rich for my blood.

Ah for the good old days when rare speed stuff wasn't expensive. Back in the 80's you could go to Nicks Wreckers in Dandy and pick over this type of 'junk' for loose change. I had the arse out of my pants so I'm carrying round some regrets, on stuff I didn't get.

29. CORRECTAMUNDO !!

Rat