Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Speed - still open?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul2748, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Paul2748

Paul2748

I have been trying to get some parts and have some questions - thy don't answer the phone, don't answer emails (except the first one about two weeks ago) and when I tried to order parts via the internet it doesn't work. Any body know anything - they have a part I want that I can't find any where else.

2. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

I know someone who is waiting on some 97 parts for awhile. Your not alone. My last order showed up in 2 days. That was 4 months ago.

3. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

no call backs here either...I gave up...

4. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

What do you need??
    I bet an Alliance vendor has it !

5. jspencer916

jspencer916

I got some holley 94 parts from them over the last few weeks, 2 orders. I had a tough time getting them on the phone too. I left them a message and they returned my call the next day to answer my questions, then I placed the orders online and they showed up here in Florida on 3 or 4 days later.

The guy told me when he called back that they are extremely busy (I guess too busy to even answer their phone) and that they get about 80-100 voicemail messages a day. They try to call everyone back but just can't keep up.

I would recommend calling and leaving a detailed message and stress the fact that you are waiting on them to call back so that you can buy some shit. Call back each day and leave a new message pointing out the fact that this is your 2nd, 3rd, 4th... time calling.

Sounds a little rediculous, but they have the parts that we need so what can we do but put up with it or make the shit ourselves.

Good Luck

6. Good God, do a search......more folks have been fucked by Charlie than those with good experiences..........I cant believe this dude is still in business?

7. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

vintage speed is still open i passed by there not long ago

8. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

i called last fall, charile answered, i ordered my parts, and got them within a week. i tried e-mailing him before, and i did get answers, but it took a few days.
    as far as i know, he is still in business, and still as grumpy as ever.
    when i had him on the phone, he kind of acted like i was bothering him...and i placed an order for a couple hundred bucks worth of parts.

9. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beg a business to take my money ?? Not likely - I don't need anything that bad. Hell, if they ignore you BEFORE getting the money, WTF will they be like AFTER they get you money and you have a problem?
    Walk on by, bro.

10. Carb-Otto

Carb-Otto
    from FINkLAND

Which is..?

11. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I deal with Charlie strictly via eBay now - he is very prompt on his eBay business & I usually have my parts w/in a week. He will typically only answer one email on a topic it seems...

12. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Consider yourself lucky that you haven't been able to order from him. There are very few businesses that I will publicly bash. His is #1 on a short list.

13. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Hello....Charlie, is a busy man..He also has a asphalt repair busness that he runs..Anyway..The person answering his phone call is his wife..What I know is if your nice and patient with her she will help you. Charlie is the same way..I've had some issues with him but they get worked out. One thing about Charlie is, he has parts that lots of others don't have.
    Sometimes, it takes awhile to get what you want. Just keep emailing him with your order #..
    He gets lots of bashing, so I thought I would setup for him..
    Duane...:D

14. flat_mountain

flat_mountain

I've done business with Charlie for about 10 years, ran into him one year at the Turkey rod run and ordered a 4x2 setup. Took him 4 months and alot of calls to get it to me but it was perfect when it arrived. He's a pain in the ass but he does know his stuff....don't order from him unless you can be patient though, maybe there should be disclaimer on his website advising he'll send the part when he's damn good and ready to....

15. sumo

sumo

Here is one better, if you are interested in holley 94's drop this guy an email,

[email protected]

definitly helpful and eager to get your business, emails answered in 24 hours

he may even have 97's not sure.

16. Paul2748

Paul2748

Thanks guys - I always have been able to get parts easily via the internet from him but this time the internet ordering part is not working.

The part I am looking for is an extended throttle rod for the 2110 carb - the one with the 1 3/8 throttle bores. He has it on his list of items, nobody else has ever heard if it.